Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We will lose by 20 plus. Until I see any reason for me to think otherwise with on court evidence of us doing better at rupp I will continue to believe that. Our 2 past teams got lit up at rupp and we aren't close to those 2 teams talent level this season.

I wouldn't say that, I think this team was at a severely better spot than last year's at this point in the season, before Okoro went out. We were one of the worst teams in the SEC and getting their ass whooped in Rupp woke them up. I don't remember what the 2017 road game looked like, but I'd assume that matchup was after Mac went out, and that team didn't have any business even being top 10 in the SEC after that lol.

I think we'd have a 35% chance of winning that game if Okoro never got hurt 

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

He was trying to step over him and landed incorrectly. If he would have kicked him or stomped, no problem. But he didn’t and didn’t deserve the reversal of h being fouled or being tossed

Wrong!!  It was intentional.  He had 10 feet all around he didn’t have to walk right where the guy was laying. 

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

those type of plays would've led to fights decades ago when they were "allowed". You can't have it both ways

I guess if they weren't disciplined. I watched a teammate lose 3 teeth in the net going up for a dunk and getting pushed from behind a decade ago. No bench clearing. Just an ejection.The kid was whining about the call on the floor and cambridge stepped on him. Anything can look on purpose in slow motion.

There's a contingency that want this team to get every single ticky tack foul, but I don't even think we deserve it with the way we shoot from the FT line. You should HAVE to be better than this if you're going to get the # of FTs we do.No excuse to be only able to do one thing and not be good at that one thing

4 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

He was trying to step over him and landed incorrectly. If he would have kicked him or stomped, no problem. But he didn’t and didn’t deserve the reversal of h being fouled or being tossed

Don't die on this hill man you're making yourself look biased

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Btw Auburn is 1-13 from 3 tonight. JM misses another 3. Wiley going to the line. 74-60 Mizzou 

That is honestly going to be the difference. We just needed to be average from there to have a chance.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s not officiating, it’s common sense. 

Obviously not. Look no one is arguing that he stepped on him or that he wouldn’t have done it. But the intent isn’t there. He was stepping over him not stomping or kicking.

Archived