Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Wiley and JM. Doughty was too busy running his mouth. Absolutely no one else stepped up

My bad, didn't even realize JM had 21 points. 6 games now that JJ hasn't made a shot. Cambridge scores zero again. Mac does nothing but foul and play weak. Doughty runs his mouth even when we're down 15. Flan continues to shoot around 10% from 3 for the year. I'm sorry but at this point I would love to see some other people get playing time because JJ isn't cutting it.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Not a good loss. Can’t take anything away from this but shame and embarrassment. Bruce needs to get a hold of these guys soon. You cannot squander away a season like this. 

Bruce has squeezed every possible thing he can get out of this team. We are a extremely flawed team. It's a miracle we have the record we do. I like I have seen other people say in here just don't think we are very good. Just shows how damn good a job this staff is done. 

But yah it still is a really bad loss. Worst sec loss in the Bruce era since we started this run we are on 2 seasons ago.

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Mac is really not that good of a player. 

He was arguably the best player in the conference then got hurt. So goes auburn basketball, constantly getting screwed 

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

By calling us "overrated", doesn't that just make this win that much less impressive?

Of course, they've only won 11 games, so they must know how bad they suck.

I would rub in too, if I had a season like theirs the last what, 3 or more years? That's their Super Bowl win.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

But normally he at least tries. I'd rather a player try and foul rather than just give up and stick your arm out to foul knowing that wasn't going to stop the player from scoring. It was a piss poor effort and I hope Pearl rips him a new one when they see the tape.

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Streaky for sure. We don’t really have many players on this squad that are “that good”. Okoro, yes. Wiley, a bit. The rest just kind of exist and exceed expectations from time to time. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruce has squeezed every possible thing he can get out of this team. We are a extremely flawed team. It's a miracle we have the record we do. I like I have seen other people say in here just don't think we are very good. Just shows how damn good a job this staff is done. 

But yah it still is a really bad loss. Worst sec loss in the Bruce era since we started this run we are on 2 seasons ago.

Yep. The whole season has been this way. Early on, I kept thinking "well, they've got time to work out the kinks", but it doesn't seem to be happening. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

But normally he at least tries. I'd rather a player try and foul rather than just give up and stick your arm out to foul knowing that wasn't going to stop the player from scoring. It was a piss poor effort and I hope Pearl rips him a new one when they see the tape.

Mac was in the top 10-15 of college basketball, then he gets hurt. Never been the same. Just sucks how we always have our best freaking player getting hurt

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yep. The whole season has been this way. Early on, I kept thinking "well, they've got time to work out the kinks", but it doesn't seem to be happening. 

We def need to infuse more talent in to the program by closing out this crutin class strong!!! That empty crutin class because of the person debacle is killing us.

I will say that despite this awful game ... Wiley has looked REALLY good these past two games. Not just on defending and rebounding but in the post game and going up a lot stronger. If Okoro can come back and we run the offense through those two this team will continue to win. Also, Wiley just got his 11th double-double for the year. Had 2 before this year.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We def need to infuse more talent in to the program by closing out this crutin class strong!!! That empty crutin class because of the person debacle is killing us.

Give Cooper the bag and let him distribute!

Just now, alexava said:

Not a good game. Our Third loss. Probably not our last. Still a great season. 

I just wanted another sec title. We couldn't afford to drop this one. I don't think we will do well in any of the post season tourneys this year so I at least wanted to get a regular season title out of it.

Auburn is not the only good team with some double digit road losses. No need to dwell on it. This season is what it is, across the nation. Up for grabs. I'll take where we are right now versus about 300 other teams. We've exceeded expectations. And this team has been money in the close games where it counts. Let Okoro heal up. Keep grinding.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wiley and JM. Doughty was too busy running his mouth. Absolutely no one else stepped up

Well Cambridge tried stepping up by using a Missouri player’s leg to step upwards...

I would be okay with sitting him next game.  You just can’t do that and potentially hurt the other guy.  

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hey guys, how long has it been since we shot 5.9% from 3? LMAO pathetic game all around except for Wiley.

I know BP gives them the light for whatever whenever, but taking contested or step back 3s when you're just getting the momentum back is borderline...You can figure what I was going to say after that. When we got it back to 8 and Cambridge took that contested 3 I think that was the last time we got it to single digits 

Tonight was so bad on so many levels that we might as well throw it out and forget about it. Officials were horrible, but what else is new, and we still got to the line 43 times, maybe 44.....doesn't matter if you can't hit them,though. I am more concerned about the bonehead stuff and lack of effort on defense tonight. We can't shoot, so no need to bitch about that because its been like that all year. Our guards are the weak link and people are really going after them now

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Give Cooper the bag and let him distribute!

Hahaha hell yah fam!!! I want his 2 BFF who were on the cover of slam magazine with him and a blue Chip big man!!! 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I will say that despite this awful game ... Wiley has looked REALLY good these past two games. Not just on defending and rebounding but in the post game and going up a lot stronger. If Okoro can come back and we run the offense through those two this team will continue to win. Also, Wiley just got his 11th double-double for the year. Had 2 before this year.

Yep! Without Okoro tho this team is screwed. We don’t have a bryce or Jared like when we lost chuma. Okoro is a key to this team making any kind of run. We don’t have guard play/ backup play

Archived