Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha hell yah fam!!! I want his 2 BFF who were on the cover of slam magazine with him and a blue Chip big man!!! 

#Paythem

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, doverstutts said:

Tonight was so bad on so many levels that we might as well throw it out and forget about it. Officials were horrible, but what else is new, and we still got to the line 43 times, maybe 44.....doesn't matter if you can't hit them,though. I am more concerned about the bonehead stuff and lack of effort on defense tonight. We can't shoot, so no need to bitch about that because its been like that all year. Our guards are the weak link and people are really going after them now

Doughty was okay on defense, but Jvon not being good doesnt get talked about enough to me. The opposing 1 guard gets to run through him and Jamal Johnson all day. I don't know what more you can ask for. Sharife is obviously going to be a step up offensively, but he's not a good defender either. I hope BP starts finding 1s that have a semblance of physical advantage against their matchups

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s just a shame that the losses we have have been as bad as they were. 

I dunno about you but I prefer a blowout loss instead of a gut wrenching heartbreaker. Blowouts are easy to get over and move on. The pain of getting your heart ripped out lingers.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I dunno about you but I prefer a blowout loss instead of a gut wrenching heartbreaker. Blowouts are easy to get over and move on. The pain of getting your heart ripped out lingers.

Blowout losses against piss-poor opponents is what sticks in my craw. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And none of the shots looked comfortable, or in rhythm. Good sticky man to man D by Mizzou.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Blowout wins against piss-poor opponents is what sticks in my craw. 

That's fair. Yah this one is different. It's infuriating because Mizzou won't play that good again the rest of the year.

Well get use to this...wait until next year...with 6 seniors and Okoro leaving, we'll be pushing up the bottom of the SEC....nothing against the guys on the team next year, but just the number of points that will return....maybe 5 points??? Unless we get a grad transfer or two, we're going to be very young and inexperience....

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Mac is really not that good of a player. 

He's obviously a smart person, but he has so many low IQ plays. Frustration fouls, jumping at pump fakes with guys helping him on defense, his verticality isn't great either. I'd still take him over a ton of small ball 5s but he could be WAY better on D if he just cleaned up the dumb plays. 

on offense I think we got what we got, for lack of better words lol 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The opposing 1 guard gets to run through him and Jamal Johnson all day.

It is what it is, with no hope of getting better unless we play more zone to stop the penetration

Well that stunk but this goes to show that you can't afford bad nights even against middling teams these days. The overall talent level in the SEC is just too good now. We're still 22-3 and one game out of the league lead in a year everyone had pegged as a rebuild due to Person BS and roster turnover. Everyone breathe, everything is fine.

McLemore, Flanagan, Cambridge,  and Johnson definitely did not rise to the occasion today. Next man up does not apply. Sorry performance from them all. Danjel didn’t help either but at least he has been sick and maybe gets a pass. Maybe. 

Just now, tigerman1186 said:

Well get use to this...wait until next year...with 6 seniors and Okoro leaving, we'll be pushing up the bottom of the SEC....nothing against the guys on the team next year, but just the number of points that will return....maybe 5 points??? Unless we get a grad transfer or two, we're going to be very young and inexperience....

I wouldn't say all that, Okoro and Wiley are really the only guys I think we cant replace at all when it comes to recruits/in house talent. Akingbola seems to have defensive chops akin to Mac, he's just raw. Cooper is equal to Jvon at worst IMO. Doughty has been THAT guy when he's hot but if you get a Jalen Green...I mean....

Now you dont want to be as dependent on getting some of these guys as we are, but we appear to be in about as good a place roster wise as we are now. Will the schedule and opposing teams be as favorable as they have been this season? That's the real question. Bc the SEC has for the most part not been great. but theres a ton of young stars and coaches that should take that huge year 2 leap 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He's obviously a smart person, but he has so many low IQ plays. Frustration fouls, jumping at pump fakes with guys helping him on defense, his verticality isn't great either. I'd still take him over a ton of small ball 5s but he could be WAY better on D if he just cleaned up the dumb plays. 

on offense I think we got what we got, for lack of better words lol 

Most teams should know by now, we are mostly a catch and shoot team. Without Okoro's threat to drive, they'll risk a drive by. Wiley is the only real post threat. Doughty and McCormick can't drive by every trip down the floor. No one behind them can drive, at all. No one.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think experience helps but in CBB, theres been so many teams that have made crazy runs without it, that I feel its a good bit overrated. Its specifically helped us at points, but in general, you can win big without it 

For opposing teams, if you’re goofy looking or between 35 and 55 years old, you’ll have the game of your life against AU

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I know BP gives them the light for whatever whenever, but taking contested or step back 3s when you're just getting the momentum back is borderline...You can figure what I was going to say after that. When we got it back to 8 and Cambridge took that contested 3 I think that was the last time we got it to single digits 

This x100000. If we would have continued to drive the paint and get the ball to Wiley we probably would have fouled out Nikko way earlier and probably would have got Pinson his 5th. We stopped when we got close and started firing up 3's. This team has to know by now that they're not a good 3 point shooting team but are good in the paint. Wiley was an absolute beast all game and they ignored him when we were cutting into the lead.

Who stepped on the lag of a Missouri player? I missed the play, but I a text saying an Auburn guy slammed his foot on a Missouri guy while he was down. If an Auburn guy really did that, then Pearl needs to bench his ass for the rest of the season.

AU deserved to lose this one. Outside of Samir and Wiley everyone else played like crap. Purifoy, Mac, flanigan, and Cambridge were complete no-shows. That bs play that Cambridge pulled is embarrassing to go along with his terrible offense and defensive performance. Just a crap game all around with the usual horrific officiating. MAYBE they needed this one to refocus and realize that you have to close out bad teams and keep your foot on the gas and quit playing soft and hoping for a comeback

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

This x100000. If we would have continued to drive the paint and get the ball to Wiley we probably would have fouled out Nikko way earlier and probably would have got Pinson his 5th. We stopped when we got close and started firing up 3's. This team has to know by now that they're not a good 3 point shooting team but are good in the paint. Wiley was an absolute beast all game and they ignored him when we were cutting into the lead.

BP is an enabler, but he's only ENABLING bad tendencies. They're still harnessing and allowing these bad tendencies themselves. I think that's the negative part of this free lance offense they run so often. If your players aren't high IQ guys (and we only have a few of those on O), then v bad things can occur

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

McLemore, Flanagan, Cambridge,  and Johnson definitely did not rise to the occasion today. Next man up does not apply. Sorry performance from them all. Danjel didn’t help either but at least he has been sick and maybe gets a pass. Maybe. 

We've been playing from behind so much, Flanagan, Cambridge, and JJ haven't gotten a tremendous amount of playing time. Circumstances have forced Bruce and the coaching staff to stick with the most reliable, for longer stretches. Can't say I blame them.

Archived