Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

If you can't get inspired to come up with a stop with 10 seconds or so left in the half then what will inspire this defense? I can't believe how we make every opponent look like Steph Curry shooting threes. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

we are heavily missing Okoro. JJ is just a liability sometimes

Was there before okoro was hurt. This team just doesn’t give a crap until after half. Not sure why we don’t use those time outs we take into half to try to do something about it. Very stupid 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

we are heavily missing Okoro. JJ is just a liability sometimes

JJ is flat out not a SEC level athlete. If his shot is not on then there is no reason for him to play in any game.

2 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Tired of sucking for 20+ minutes. And damn sure tired of not taking any time outs or trying to fix it until after halftime. You have time outs and bench players for a reason

At this point, it’s not going to change. We are simply a terrible first half team. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Entire team is worse without him. He’s apparently the lynchpin of this team. 

Which is sad when you have 4 seniors on the floor at times. 

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Was there before okoro was hurt. This team just doesn’t give a crap until after half. Not sure why we don’t use those time outs we take into half to try to do something about it. Very stupid 

Maybe there needs to be consequences if the coaches think theyre dogging it before half time. Run until you puke or something like that.

The important players on this team play very immaturely. We actually had some decent offense to start the game, but it's like once we realized we were hanging with them, we decided to try riskier shots like 3's. 

Everyone plays above their head against us. This is the worst one yet. Mizzou is the worst SEC team we have played. I know Vandy has a worse SEC record but they have firepower and that was Nesmith last game he played.

We need to play Cambridge instead of JJ he can rebound play D and he can shoot as well as JJ. Also we can score inside at will I would get the ball to Wiley more and I would get Danjel down low more also.   

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Bump. Here’s to hoping 🙏🏼

It is going to catch up to us eventually. It would be devastating if it was freaking Mizzou who is a truly awful team. We cannot afford to lose this game. I want more banners. I want more rings. If we lose this game IDK if we can recover to even tie Kentucky for the SEC Title.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It is going to catch up to us eventually. It would be devastating if it was freaking Mizzou who is a truly awful team. We cannot afford to lose this game. I want more banners. I want more rings. If we lose this game IDK if we can recover to even tie Kentucky for the SEC Title.

I will refuse for Bobby Boucher not to come back at halftime and win the bourbon bowl!

Also, Bruce is trying to give guys a chance to step up, but the rest of the freshmen are just not in any way like Okoro. If there was one guy who AU could I’ll afford to lose it was him with J’von a close second (only because of PG depth).

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We need to play Cambridge instead of JJ he can rebound play D and he can shoot as well as JJ. Also we can score inside at will I would get the ball to Wiley more and I would get Danjel down low more also.   

Uh, Cambridge is a terrible defender. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Better than the other freshman. I know Pearl says Jaylin's defense is terrible but it can't be any worse than JJ and I've liked what I've seen from him a lot more than JJ.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

And Flanigan is a terrible offensive player. If Cambridge was the defender Flanigan was we would be in business!!! haha.

Archived