Baseball vs UIC Game 4

Game is about to get underway! Lets go for that sweep! Bailey Horn getting the game 4 start for us. Game is not on any channel that I can see so no inning by inning update.

Lineup for the game is:

Judd Ward CF

Ryan Bliss SS

Steven Williams RF

Conor Davis 1B

Tyler Miller LF

Rankin Woley 3B

John Samuel Shenker DH

Matt Scheffler C

Garrett Farquhar 2B

Ward grounds out to first, Bliss walks, and then Williams doubles (a lot of doubles this opening weekend) to move Bliss to third. 1 out

Edit: Davis with the sac fly to score Bliss and move Williams to 3rd. Miller grounds out to first. 1-0 Auburn after 1.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Going old school........listening to the radio broadcast.

Did something happen to Williams? Just saw that he was subbed out for Moore.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Did something happen to Williams? Just saw that he was subbed out for Moore.

They were trying to find out......they didn't see anything happen.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They were trying to find out......they didn't see anything happen.

Hopefully it was nothing and more to do with getting young guys experience.

Back to back walks to Miller and Woley. Shenker reaches base on a fielder's choice but an error keeps Woley safe at 2nd. Scheffler doubles and Woley and Miller both score. Farquhar singles and Shenker and Scheffler score. 5-0 Auburn with no outs and a runner on 1st.

Ward strikes out, Farquhar steals second, Ryan bliss singles and reaches 2nd on a throwing error. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Moore singles and ANOTHER run comes across. Men on 1st and 3rd with only 1 out. 6-0 Auburn in the bottom of the 4th

Davis walks and the bases are loaded with 1 out. Poor UIC pitcher is being left in to get destroyed. Miller with the sac fly to bring in Bliss who has now scored 7 runs and gotten 6 RBIs this weekend. Moore also advances to third. Men on the corner with 2 outs. 7-0 Auburn

UIC had not committed an error in the three previous games.  The mental focus required to play four games in three days is daunting, especially when your best hasn't really been close.  I feel for those guys, they're probably not thinking Auburn is the loveliest village right now...headed to Nashville to play the defending national champions next.  Good Lord they jumped in the deep end to start this baseball season.

Pitching change for UIC, new pitcher proceeds to give up a double to Woley. Woley has been crushing doubles this weekend. 2 more runs across. 9-0 Auburn.

UIC's starting pitcher goes 3 2/3 innings and gives up 9 runs (5 of them earned), 6 hits, and 5 walks. Also had a couple of wild pitches. Rough outing and weekend for UIC.

Shenker singles to bring in Woley. 10-0 Auburn

1 minute ago, TigerCatcher said:

UIC had not committed an error in the three previous games.  The mental focus required to play four games in three days is daunting, especially when your best hasn't really been close.  I feel for those guys, they're probably not thinking Auburn is the loveliest village right now...headed to Nashville to play the defending national champions next.  Good Lord they jumped in the deep in to start this baseball season.

And to play in an unfamiliar ballpark when they have only been outside twice to practice, plus start their season on the road. Much respect to the coaches and players of UIC. 

Oof this is getting rough now. Scheffler walks and then Shenker and Scheffler both advance on a wild pitch. Farquhar singles and both runs come across. 12-0 AU still in the bottom of the 4th.

Edit: Ward strikes out again to mercifully end the 4th. Fuller in to pitch for Horn in the 5th.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Ward, Bliss Miller and Davis do not have hits today.....but still managed to produce. Baseball is the best game ever!

Bliss has a hit. :P

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That was per Andy and Brad......Bliss got a walk

Hmmm I'm on Auburntigers.com looking at the play-by-play and it has bliss with a hit. I think Andy and Brad think that Bliss got on board with an error last inning but it was ruled a hit and then an error to advance him to 2nd.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hmmm I'm on Auburntigers.com looking at the play-by-play and it has bliss with a hit. I think Andy and Brad think that Bliss got on board with an error last inning but it was ruled a hit and then an error to advance him to 2nd.

Gotcha. 

Archived