Going Forward after Missouri Loss (Merged)

Maverick.AU

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, slyinsocal said:

Williams has looked pretty good on D. Doesn't look too lost.

I was about to post the same thing. He has looked better than Purifoy and JJ at least.

The team we all watched this season has disappeared these last two games.  I really had high hopes for this team in the SEC and the big dance but it's looking more like we will be lucky to win anything past the first round in either tourney. Where are the team's leaders? I think one of the worst things is that not only have some regular contributors completely fallen off the radar, but in two straight games not one single freshman or otherwise has stepped up and seized the opportunity to play well in Okoro's absence. And this is against two terrible teams. Make no mistake, Mizzou and UGA are freaking horrible this year and they both kicked our ass.  Wow is all I can really say.  I think Bruce has been more than loyal at this point and doesn't owe anyone anything. He should bench anyone not giving 100% or contributing positively to the team.   If AU is going to lose to the bottom dwellers you might as well get the guys that havent played much or at all some extended minutes and experience. 

Bruce has said all year that we are a good but not great team. Take the best player away from a good team, playing on the road, and this is what you get. It’s really that simple to me. We are a good team that will definitely win more than we lose but clearly we can’t make the difference if Issac is out. Happens to a lot of teams.  

Three things:

1. The team this year isn’t that great. Most notably, we are really inconsistent, with only 1 exceptional, relatively-consistent playmaker. 

2. The one exceptional playmaker is out, making our offense rely on guys who have been up and down this season. 

3. We’ve been notoriously bad playing on the road, and the last two games have been road games. 

The only surprise I think is that McCormick isn’t playing well. He showed incredible flashes early in the season, distributing the ball efficiently and leading people to the basket. That’s disappeared, and I’m still not sure why. 

5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The only surprise I think is that McCormick isn’t playing well. He showed incredible flashes early in the season, distributing the ball efficiently and leading people to the basket. That’s disappeared, and I’m still not sure why. 

I'm just going to assume you mean the past two games. His assists have fallen off, but his scoring has basically carried this team, for the most part. I think it's hard for him to be that playmaker with how awful the shooting is and with Okoro out. Those two things have completely congested the paint, so there's not much he could do in the way of leading people to the basket 

• WarTiger changed the title to Going Forward after Missouri Loss (Merged)

Archived