Travis Williams New Recruiting Coordinator

toddc

Source: Auburn goes with familiar face at recruiting coordinator

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 14 minutes ago 

Share0 Comments

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams is adding yet another title to his duties on the football staff.

Williams has added duties as recruiting coordinator to his responsibilities as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach, a person familiar with the situation tells Auburn Undercover. Williams, who earned $450,500 last season, is expected to receive a salary bump as well.

Williams replaces Marcus Woodson as the recruiting coordinator. The defensive backs coach left Auburn for the same position as DBs coach at Florida State earlier this month.

Williams added the title of co-defensive coordinator alongside coordinator Kevin Steele in February 2019. Steele still handles play-calling duties.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Source: Auburn goes with familiar face at recruiting coordinator

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 14 minutes ago 

Share0 Comments

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams is adding yet another title to his duties on the football staff.

Williams has added duties as recruiting coordinator to his responsibilities as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach, a person familiar with the situation tells Auburn Undercover. Williams, who earned $450,500 last season, is expected to receive a salary bump as well.

Williams replaces Marcus Woodson as the recruiting coordinator. The defensive backs coach left Auburn for the same position as DBs coach at Florida State earlier this month.

Williams added the title of co-defensive coordinator alongside coordinator Kevin Steele in February 2019. Steele still handles play-calling duties.

image.gif

Works for me, TWill has been a home run hire overall and a great recruiter. Just need our LB’s to look a little better in coverage this year lol.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Works for me, TWill has been a home run hire overall and a great recruiter. Just need our LB’s to look a little better in coverage this year lol.

I don’t think think that’s something that a few can get better at. Some of those guys are run stuffers and that’s it. It’s hard to put run stuffers in coverage against a WR and then be like “go make a play”

18 hours ago, toddc said:

Sounds like we are getting things in place for when 2023 rolls around to have a “DC in waiting”. Love TWills energy and drive. I think he’s gonna be with us for quite some time. 

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t think think that’s something that a few can get better at. Some of those guys are run stuffers and that’s it. It’s hard to put run stuffers in coverage against a WR and then be like “go make a play”

‘‘Twas in jest 

Meh.....easy job.  I could do it.

You just make a list of every 4* & 5* player, at every position, and say "Go get'im!" and send The Bag Man to their homes.  Easy Peasy!!! 

That's how Napoleon does it... :dunno:

44 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Meh.....easy job.  I could do it.

You just make a list of every 4* & 5* player, at every position, and say "Go get'im!" 

Thanks, A4E

6 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Sounds like we are getting things in place for when 2023 rolls around to have a “DC in waiting”. Love TWills energy and drive. I think he’s gonna be with us for quite some time. 

My dream is to see T-Will as head coach at Auburn University.

17 hours ago, Sizzle said:

True, but thanks to his recruiting we know have more athletic linebackers than what we had in say 2016. Guys like Owen Papoe should make a huge difference in the versatility of our defense.

• ellitor changed the title to T-Will New Recruiting Coordinator

think this is an excellent choice for this position. I hope time will tell a great story for sure.

29 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

What are the specific duties of a recruiting coordinator?

I understand it's a pretty easy job...

tenor.gif

20 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

What are the specific duties of a recruiting coordinator?

Recruiting coordinators spearhead a team's recruiting efforts, run the recruiting board, screen prospect's highlight tapes, communicate with recruiting services and formulate relationships with high school coaches, among a ton of other duties. Plus, they still have to coach a position.

It's a big job that is among the most important hires a head coach makes when assembling his staff.

Archived