Greg Robinson arrested for Marijuana

saminbama

This really makes me sad.  After the kick six my son (who was 11) and I rushed the field.  He got his picture with Greg and he still has it.  Just not the same feeling now looking at that picture.

Somewhat serious question: Anyone know what 127 lbs of marijuana is worth?

Clearly it was worth enough for these 2, but seriously. That's just a ridiculously shortsighted decision. I can't wrap my head around it.

If ya got money like G-Rob you don't make this move yourself wow talk about a poor decision. There are plenty of people who would've assumed the risk with a whole lot less to lose. That is a looong ways away to be traveling with that much weed. They could've gotten pulled over for ANYTHING along the way and still had to face this charge, it didn't have to be a border check. This is just wild to me. 

If you're going to be big bossing this with that type of quantity you should never be directly dealing with it. Seems like common sense.

Unless him and Quan were actually the guys down the org chart that were told to make this run. But were they planning on getting this into to the streets? Dispensaries? That is definitely an "intent to distribute" amount. Unless they were going to sit on that thing for years and smoke it away LOL sounds dumb but ya can't count it out considering how dumb this whole thing is in the first place.

37 minutes ago, alexava said:

Somewhat serious question: Anyone know what 157 lbs of marijuana is worth?

Clearly it was worth enough for these 2, but seriously. That's just a ridiculously shortsighted decision. I can't wrap my head around it.

Fixed

I am just saddened by this whole thing. Two lives ruined by this very stupid decision, and their families will have to deal with the fallout as well. Do either of them have children? Doesn't Quan have a younger brother? 

I don't understand it. . With all the border hyper-vigilance going on right now the risk was even bigger than normal. 

In a time when NFL careers are notoriously short-lived, its a damned shame a playa is harassed by The Man for planning for his long-term financial future.    SMDH.     😏

Said my bit above about the consequences for them. But I'm also unhappy about the image for Auburn. All of the articles I've seen mention that GR played at Auburn, and so do some which mention QB.

Not at pretty look for the "Auburn Man" image that we'd like to promote for our university.

3 hours ago, AURex said:

Said my bit above about the consequences for them. But I'm also unhappy about the image for Auburn. All of the articles I've seen mention that GR played at Auburn, and so do some which mention QB.

Not at pretty look for the "Auburn Man" image that we'd like to promote for our university.

Not like we can control it. Not like anyone in the country cares where they played college ball, except maybe us and bama fans, and even they can’t throw stones based on some of their ex players’ misgivings. Had it occurred while enrolled, sure we could have that discussion about a potential negative impact it had on the appearance of the university. 

4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

What a ******* joke, to have your life ruined by a pointless state edict, hurting no one. 

Govt is literally evil. 

They made a conscious decision to break the law no matter what kind of a joke you think it is. Until it's legal guess what, it's not. 

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

They made a conscious decision to break the law no matter what kind of a joke you think it is. Until it's legal guess what, it's not. 

The statism is strong with this one. I bet you said the same about the coloreds to sit at the back of the bus or keeping the gays from marrying. 

What's legal and what's right are vastly different. 

21 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

The statism is strong with this one. I bet you said the same about the coloreds to sit at the back of the bus or keeping the gays from marrying. 

What's legal and what's right are vastly different. 

Wow you are a sad person. 

19 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

What a ******* joke, to have your life ruined by a pointless state edict, hurting no one. 

Govt is literally evil. 

I would  empathize if they were caught with a couple of ounces,even pounds. 157 pounds is just plain criminal and stupid. They knew or should have known the consequences. They took the risks. 

The war on drugs is just doing it's thing, Texas is a hot bed of useless border police, stealing small amounts from out of state tags, my brother has been pulled over and robbed several time with no charges.  These guys were not paying attention and possibly broke a frivolous traffic law, or were targeted and stopped illegally, which is common for above the lawmen.  from Cali 200 a zip is 3k a pound on the street, almost a half a mil they got robbed for... no victim no crime, freedom is a concept lost in DC..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived