Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wondering why DP is playing. If you look at the box score his line jumps out   0-5 from the field 0-4 from 3. 2 Turnovers 1 rebound, 2 assist, 3 steals.  He did make all 3 free throws but just not a line for a starter. Last year I was disappointed in his play but thought it was because he had not played for more than year. This year though....

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Since the dawn of competition, jackassery is just part of getting into the opponent's head. Not saying it's right, but it isn't that nefarious either

With games on national tv and someone making cracks at someone’s nationality, that’s just dumb. Has no place at any sporting event. It’s one thing to get in someone’s head, it’s another to do things along that nature. You can heckle guys in other ways without being personal

Gimme that starting line up of J'von, Doughty, Okoro, Williams, and Wiley. With Cambridge, Purifoy, Flan, and Mac coming off the bench. If Williams and Cambridge can play like they did today it's gonna be a fun end to the year. Sorry, JJ, you might have just lost all of your minutes. 8 games in a row that Johnson hasn't made a FG.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Gimme that starting line up of J'von, Doughty, Okoro, Williams, and Wiley. With Cambridge, Purifoy, Flan, and Mac coming off the bench. If Williams and Cambridge can play like they did today it's gonna be a fun end to the year. Sorry, JJ, you might have just lost all of your minutes. 8 games in a row that Johnson hasn't made a FG.

Okoro is gonna come back soon tho, hopefully 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Okoro is gonna come back soon tho, hopefully 

I think he'll be back by Kentucky. If we can just get through Ole Miss, things won't be too bad. I just like the idea of having 3 guys who can post up, and 2 who can drive the paint.

This is the game we needed. Multiple players helping us to win. 

Purifoy with the 3 FT's Mac with 7 point 5 boards and a lot of hustle Williams 8 points 2 boards 2 assists and a lot of hustle, Flanagan 5 points 1 board, Cambridge 9 points 6 boards, J'Von 8 Points 2 boards 4 assists, Wiley 9 points 7 boards 1 assist, Samir 22 points 4 boards 3 assists. In last 14 minutes everybody hustling double teaming on D stealing the ball causing turnovers.

Total team effort. This is how this team has to play to win whether we have Okoro or not. We play like this with Okoro healthy and we will be a hard team to beat. That said if we keep playing half the game or more with our heads in the sand we will get beat early in the NCCA tournament.

Hell of a comeback and effort to finish this one up with a W. This team definitely has its issues but we are light years ahead of where were at in the not so distant past. Well done men and War Damn Bruce. 

I’m glad coaches and players have the attitudes they have and not the attitudes many fans have. Down 17 I would have lost all my money if someone would have bet me. But that last 10-12 ( not sure when it started) minutes was very fun to see. 

24 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Since the dawn of competition, jackassery is just part of getting into the opponent's head. Not saying it's right, but it isn't that nefarious either

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2020/02/auburn-student-ejected-banned-from-auburn-arena-after-xenophobic-remark-directed-at-vols-player.html

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Was literally just about to come on here to post that. Glad that he was banned from the arena and that the other fans quickly told officials where he was. That is embarrassing and has no place anywhere.

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Was literally just about to come on here to post that. Glad that he was banned from the arena and that the other fans quickly told officials where he was. That is embarrassing and has no place anywhere.

If he’s not a senior I would let him reapply next year ( if he’s is a student). But I’m glad he was dealt with. It was an embarrassment. But it can be a learning opportunity. Any opportunity to teach someone not to be a ****head should be taken. 

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m glad coaches and players have the attitudes they have and not the attitudes many fans have. Down 17 I would have lost all my money if someone would have bet me. But that last 10-12 ( not sure when it started) minutes was very fun to see. 

How would you like to be the guy that had actual money on TN? Feeling pretty good midway thru the second half with the line AU -6.5 and then Auburn wins by 7......ouch.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That Jaylin Williams PnR with Sharife next season is going to be like Jared + Horace/Mac on roids

Sharife, JG, and Jaylin. Sheesh

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

How would you like to be the guy that had actual money on TN? Feeling pretty good midway thru the second half with the line AU -6.5 and then Auburn wins by 7......ouch.

It’s been several years but believe me, I’ve taken some bad beats. Lol. 

Archived