Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Holy crap we came back again.  Just incredible.  I had to leave the house at just after halftime and find out we won?!.  I was actually shocked with this one without Okoro. It would be hard to find any team in CBB that has ever made that many 15+ deficit 2nd half comebacks like us this year.  Crazy heart.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

im in this video lol. it was wild seeing that play out for him in slow mo. lane opened up and he just took adv

You mean you are a actual real person? I thought you were just some experiment and we're a Bot!!! Lol

@ellitor just checking if you were at the game as a fan today. I saw a guy right behind Clark Kellogg that reminded me of you. He was kinda nodding his head like he knew something we didn’t lol. 

E12669E5-E803-430A-9573-6BBE6ACF0973.gif

11 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I swear if these guys can learn to play the first 3 quarters like they play the final quarter and OT the can win it all in the tourney . Why do they wait to play till then? SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

SIR!!! SIR!! This is not a Wendys nor is it Womens college basketball! lol. There is no quarters in the Mens game!!! hahaha. Point well taken though. WAR DAMN!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@ellitor just checking if you were at the game as a fan today. I saw a guy right behind Clark Kellogg that reminded me of you. He was kinda nodding his head like he knew something we didn’t lol. 

LOL. Nope, not there as a fan. I was one of the blue shirts working. I was in the corner where Tennessee came in and out of the court.

14 hours ago, around4ever said:

Today was my first game in person all season.  I love Auburn Arena.  The atmosphere is amazing.  It has gotten much better than the few games I saw last year.  TV does not do the noise in that place justice.  It gets so loud in there!!  The Auburn students and fans have created a great home field advantage to assist the players and coaches.   War Eagle!!!

My family and I were there today as well and  to piggyback off your comments, it was an amazing experience. Lots of fun. One of the best game experiences and trips back to AUburn. 

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

I know Tennessee isn't that good this year especially after my cousin was hurt but I think Bruce is coaching his butt off this year. We're REALLY lucky to have him as a coach, he's on an entire different level.

This. AU is really lucky to have the guy. If he continues to up the talent level the next few years, things are gonna get crazy. Even if not, things should stay pretty interesting. Fun basketball at AU these days after years of unwatchable ball. I'm happy camper. 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:20 AM, twilli13 said:

If he continues to up the talent level the next few years

I would love to see what BP can do with real high level talent, talent that is coachable. What he has done the last two years is amazing. Ain't no doubt that he is the best coach in the SEC, and may be close to being the best in the nation

On 2/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, around4ever said:

.  But, in today’s game, getting back to play defense is more important. 

Or more like prepping to do a shimmy shake, or lift the arms three point style, or just stand and watch the miss.

1 hour ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

“Sit down...you suck” to a guy who was putting work on our guys with a gimpy leg.....lol 

I HATE that our fans are that classless, no matter how good or bad the player who fouls out is.

10 hours ago, Grumps said:

I HATE that our fans are that classless, no matter how good or bad the player who fouls out is.

It's our student section. They have carried that tradition over 20 years now & it sucks.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's our student section. They have carried that tradition over 20 years now & it sucks.

I wish Pearl, with his connection with the students now, could find a way to talk to them about finding a different way to let their hormones out at home games. I am an old foggie, but its time to change how to be 'funny' at basketball games. If we are to be a 'true' basketball school now too(at least with Pearl here), then there has to be other ways to have fun, at the expense of the other team.

I would rather the visiting coaches and players say that we have respectful students that know how to cheer at basketball games at the same time that they say we have the loudest and hardest arena to play in.

46 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I wish Pearl, with his connection with the students now, could find a way to talk to them about finding a different way to let their hormones out at home games. I am an old foggie, but its time to change how to be 'funny' at basketball games. If we are to be a 'true' basketball school now too(at least with Pearl here), then there has to be other ways to have fun, at the expense of the other team.

I would rather the visiting coaches and players say that we have respectful students that know how to cheer at basketball games at the same time that they say we have the loudest and hardest arena to play in.

I primarily don't want them near the live media table, but understand it comes across as a more rabid fanbase being that close.  Like you said, just prefer them not be obnoxious. 

An example of fun antics would be the band's during opponent's FTs. The "rollercoaster" imitation and singing "you're not gonna make it". I have no problem with that type of stuff and it adds to the home court environment. The "sit down" mess adds nothing to the court.

I mean is it supposed to impact a player that is now off the court for the game?

jim.gif

I'm ok with the "You Suck" thing. Nope its not clever or funny but I promise what these kids are saying to each other on the court is wayyy worse and I mean are we really landing on saying "you suck" is classless? In 2020? There are things much worse than telling an opposing player he sucks lol. We probably couldn't keep count how many times Samir Doughty probably told the kid he sucked to his face during the game

I would muuuuch rather our fans learn how to freaking get loud on EVERY defensive possession. There should never, ever be a time where Bruce has to urge the crowd to get loud. It should be automatic.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm ok with the "You Suck" thing. Nope its not clever or funny but I promise what these kids are saying to each other on the court is wayyy worse and I mean are we really landing on saying "you suck" is classless? In 2020? There are things much worse than telling an opposing player he sucks lol. We probably couldn't keep count how many times Samir Doughty probably told the kid he sucked to his face during the game?

I would muuuuch rather our fans learn how to freaking get loud on EVERY defensive possession. There should never, ever be a time where Bruce has to urge the crowd to get loud. It should be automatic.

"you Suck'' is not ok to me.  It reminds of those times you get in an argument with someone and then they can't think of anything else to say...and instead of saying nothing..they have to blurt out 'well you just suck...so there". It does nothing and makes them look even more stupid.

And I am sure our smart students can find other things to say to rile the other team. Like what the band does is funny and still respectful. 

I would put nothing past our students to see a player foul out and tell them to "sit down...you suck" and he was the guy that just put 35 points on us. :)

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It reminds of those times you get in an argument with someone and then they can't think of anything else to say...and instead of saying nothing..they have to blurt out 'well you just suck...so there". It does nothing and makes them look even more stupid.

It reminds me of a few instances on here from posters (not you or Tiger).  :lol:

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

"you Suck'' is not ok to me.  It reminds of those times you get in an argument with someone and then they can't think of anything else to say...and instead of saying nothing..they have to blurt out 'well you just suck...so there". It does nothing and makes them look even more stupid.

And I am sure our smart students can find other things to say to rile the other team. Like what the band does is funny and still respectful. 

I would put nothing past our students to see a player foul out and tell them to "sit down...you suck" and he was the guy that just put 35 points on us. :)

hahah I get it that it doesn't make sense, and it's kinda dumb but that's where it ends to me. I personally just don't draw parallels to a lack of class like some on here are. It's just a dumb cheer to me. What was classless was the Santiago remark made by the now banned student. That was classless IMO. Among several other adjectives that I won't dive into.

But it doesn't move the needle for me either way, no matter how much worse it makes the fans look after a guy dropped 35 on us LOL. I wouldn't care if they changed the cheer to "sit down" or anything like that and I don't really care if they continue the cheer. But certainly agreed it's dumb.

Edit: I did not play beyond HS but I guess having heard much worse things from the stands makes this a non-issue for me

On 2/23/2020 at 12:34 AM, GwillMac6 said:

SIR!!! SIR!! This is not a Wendys nor is it Womens college basketball! lol. There is no quarters in the Mens game!!! hahaha. Point well taken though. WAR DAMN!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Just shows my age when I played we played quarters . 

Archived