Davion Mitchell

tigerman1186

After watching him playing this year at Baylor, wonder why he left Auburn....seems like a player who would have liked to play with coach Pearl and the team???

I brought him up early in the pre-conference schedule as somebody that would have really helped this roster if he’d have stuck with AU. Was told that his numbers were meh and he wouldn’t have made a difference. Not sure what his motivation for leaving was although I think he (like the coaches) expected Harper to still be at AU this year which would have limited his minutes

dfsdfs.jpg

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I brought him up early in the pre-conference schedule as somebody that would have really helped this roster if he’d have stuck with AU. Was told that his numbers were meh and he wouldn’t have made a difference. Not sure what his motivation for leaving was although I think he (like the coaches) expected Harper to still be at AU this year which would have limited his minutes

His numbers are not as good as they could be because he is not one of the top options scoring wise on a vet heavy Baylor team but he absolutely would be on this Auburn team and help tremendously. Especially on the defensive end. He would be the second or third scoring option behind Samir and maybe Okoro if we had Davion instead of Jvon.

9 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

After watching him playing this year at Baylor, wonder why he left Auburn....seems like a player who would have liked to play with coach Pearl and the team???

@tigerman1186 He left because he didn't win the starting job at some point over Jared his freshman year as he expected. He saw how well Jared was developing & thought Jared would be here all 4 eligible years so he moved on after his freshman year looking for a starting job somewhere else.

• WarTiger changed the title to Davion Mitchell

Is he starting at Baylor edit: I see he did start yesterday in the Kansas loss. Averaging 9.something a game. 2-11 fg vs Kansas ! We have those numbers covered already. 

33 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is he starting at Baylor edit: I see he did start yesterday in the Kansas loss. Averaging 9.something a game. 2-11 fg vs Kansas ! We have those numbers covered already. 

Its not the shooting why he would be valuable.  The ability to distribute, take care of the ball, as well as his on ball defense would be welcomed. 

DM stats for year. 

SmartSelect_20200223-095112_CBS Sports.jpg

Jvon stats for year for comparison

SmartSelect_20200223-095202_CBS Sports.jpg

While Jvon would still be starter, I am thinking DM would be a good compliment there and split those minutes, except DM is a lot more active defensively. Just my 2 cents. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Its not the shooting why he would be valuable.  The ability to distribute, take care of the ball, as well as his on ball defense would be welcomed. 

DM stats for year. 

SmartSelect_20200223-095112_CBS Sports.jpg

Jvon stats for year for comparison

SmartSelect_20200223-095202_CBS Sports.jpg

While Jvon would still be starter, I am thinking DM would be a good compliment there and split those minutes, except DM is a lot more active defensively. Just my 2 cents. 

First of all, if javion had stayed j'von would have signed with someone else coming out of JC with Harper and Javion still here. 

And no problem Javion leaving if not wanting to be backup behind Harper his FR, SO and potentially Harper's SR year if he had stayed. He thought he was a starter and a lot of these guys coming out of HS aren't expecting to be backups for 2 years.  

Archived