2021 5* PF Jabari Smith Signs With AU! (Update 11/17/20)

ellitor

On 10/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, wcware said:

Look someone needs to send a smoke flare up for those of us who were withering away in the football forum!!! HOLY SH...... Let’s freaking Gooooo!!!

BRUUUUCE!!!!!!!

Yes, welcome to the promised land, my child. Come and rest a while. Just don’t talk about that other place while you are here. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen it often, but Jabari's ability to "see" (not height wise) the right pass over double moves was one of the best aspects of the myriads of highlight films Ive seen posted recently. Anthony Davis was a PG at a time and still had repeated troubles seeing over double teams on this level. Kawhi has had his troubles seeing over double teams. It's a talent that alot of forwards don't have, and should allow Auburn to do even more things from the high post, an area that was very successful for Chuma and Isaac Okoro

• Like 1

• Like 2

We need more highlights to talk about! lol

It does suck we have to wait a whole season before he gets to Auburn. His hype by the time he gets here may rival the Wiley hype. I personally can't wait to see how much our offense opens up with Jabari in the game. I'm hoping Coop has an amazing freshmen season but not quite amazing enough to go pro right away. Pairing coop with some size that can shoot is going to be fun to watch!

I know there must be almost no chance of Jabari staying 2 years...but I am dreaming about Jabari and our new 7' plus player in the front court and on the break. Oh man, it would be so cool with Scoot too!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

this thread deserves to be longer than 6 pages tbh

I think the other threads did so many numbers bc of A. how eventually depraved for sports we became B. they started during the crazy run last season C. people weren't quite as stressed 

not to mention that this is unfortunately still a football school, first second and thirdmost. I'd like nothing more personally for this to be on equal footing, but what can you do....sad sitting on a gold mine and you keep breaking shovels trying to dig out coal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think the other threads did so many numbers bc of A. how eventually depraved for sports we became B. they started during the crazy run last season C. people weren't quite as stressed 

not to mention that this is unfortunately still a football school, first second and thirdmost. I'd like nothing more personally for this to be on equal footing, but what can you do....sad sitting on a gold mine and you keep breaking shovels trying to dig out coal

I am going to make it my personal mission to make sure everyone understands and embraces that we are actually a basketball school!

We went to a Final Four before making the CFP lol

You don't keep the football school title with a clown running the program for almost a decade and continuously putting out a mediocre product, that ain't how it works. 

Even with all the love Bruce gets, he is actually undervalued at AU IMO considering what he has actually done for the program. 

OK I'm done, that is the last time I will reference the f*otball program and it's leadership in here lol rant over

Edited by Tiger
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I am going to make it my personal mission to make sure everyone understands and embraces that we are actually a basketball school!

You don't keep the football school title with a clown running the program for almost a decade and continuously putting out a mediocre product, that ain't how it works. 

Even with all the love Bruce gets, he is actually undervalued at AU IMO considering what he has actually done for the program. 

OK I'm done, that is the last time I will reference the f*otball program and it's leadership in here lol rant over

We don't talk about Gus or Football in this forum. This is the happy place, lets leave it like that please.

Edit: Just saw and read the last sentence of your post. I can forgive you if you don't do it again. lol

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

We don't talk about Gus or Football in this forum. This is the happy place, lets leave it like that please.

Edit: Just saw and read the last sentence of your post. I can forgive you if you don't do it again. lol

You're right though and I'm a hypocrite because I'm definitely part of the G*stav-police when it comes to this side of the forum and have called others out for it lol I'll be on my best behavior moving forward 

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

All of those are true points. Unfortunately, the money and the program focus isn't following that. Pearl should be the one getting a facility right now. Pearl should decide where we go with the damn clothing companies, not the dinosaurs on the BoT. 

He's prob the most liked coach we got and have had this millennium, but I still don't feel like he has enough backing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m so enjoying the last few years and the future of this program.  Always been a b-ball fan.  My dad coached and loved this sport and loved his players.  
To me ... there is nothing like the intimacy of a b-ball arena when the team is playing great and the fans are n to it.

I'm looking forward to this season!  And the seasons and players to come!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All of those are true points. Unfortunately, the money and the program focus isn't following that. Pearl should be the one getting a facility right now. Pearl should decide where we go with the damn clothing companies, not the dinosaurs on the BoT. 

He's prob the most liked coach we got and have had this millennium, but I still don't feel like he has enough backing. 

100% man

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, mustache eagle said:

I’m so enjoying the last few years and the future of this program.  Always been a b-ball fan.  My dad coached and loved this sport and loved his players.  
To me ... there is nothing like the intimacy of a b-ball arena when the team is playing great and the fans are n to it.

I'm looking forward to this season!  And the seasons and players to come!

The most underappreciated coach at AU, maybe ever, and it's not close.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hey now...there is a solid 20 to 30 of us on here that love Bruce Pearl with every ounce of our souls!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pearl, underappreciated? By who? Certainly not anyone associated with Auburn. He's being treated as a god now, once Leath got run out. He's a marketing tool Auburn is using all the time a lot more than Malzahn for sure.

If it's the media, ESPN loves him. Now the northern media and those that know him from his days up north, have a hate for him, but I don't know of anyone else...

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Pearl, underappreciated? By who? Certainly not anyone associated with Auburn. He's being treated as a god now, once Leath got run out. He's a marketing tool Auburn is using all the time a lot more than Malzahn for sure.

If it's the media, ESPN loves him. Now the northern media and those that know him from his days up north, have a hate for him, but I don't know of anyone else...

If he gets a title I think he’s TBE for Auburn coaches. Until then I’d say that Dye still has more impact. You could probably contend that auburn wouldn’t be able to afford a good basketball program without Dye establishing football though

On 10/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, steeleagle said:

Pearl, underappreciated? By who?

@steeleagle Every AU fan who only likes football. There are quite a few more than you would think.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Every AU fan who only likes football. There are quite a few more than you would think.

Just like Butch and AU baseball. Maybe not to the same extent as Bruce but he deserves more love as well. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Just like Butch and AU baseball. Maybe not to the same extent as Bruce but he deserves more love as well. 

I’m in the minority, and I LOVE Bruce, but Butch is my favorite person associated with AU athletics. I’m a baseball guy though, so take that for what it’s worth. 

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I’m in the minority, and I LOVE Bruce, but Butch is my favorite person associated with AU athletics. I’m a baseball guy though, so take that for what it’s worth. 

It’s Huddy for me. Met him today at Byron’s smokehouse and get to hear him talk about old war stories from MLB in college days. It was awesome

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

dsdfs.gif

dsadas.gif

gsgs.gif

dasdas.gif

saddsdas.gif

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

It’s Huddy for me. Met him today at Byron’s smokehouse and get to hear him talk about old war stories from MLB in college days. It was awesome

I’ve gotten to meet Huddy before too. Seems like a great and genuine guy. Couldn’t ask for a better pitching coach. Gotta think these high school kids are biting at the chomp to pitch for him and Butch.