2021 5* PF Jabari Smith Signs With AU! (Update 11/17/20)

ellitor

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Chances of him, Thor, Scoot, and Sharife and Powell on the court at the same time?

Take out Scoot and the chances are outstanding that they will be on the floor at the same time for stretches during games. Might replace Scoot with Flanigan.

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Chances of him, Thor, Scoot, and Sharife and Powell on the court at the same time?

Unlikely. Jabari is probably 1 & done & will be gone before Scoot gets here if we land Scoot. Thor & Sharife could very well be gone when Scoot would arrive also.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Take out Scoot and the chances are outstanding that they will be on the floor at the same time for stretches during games. Might replace Scoot with Flanigan.

Still need to wait for Sharife to be cleared before we can say outstanding.

On 12/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, ellitor said:

Still need to wait for Sharife to be cleared before we can say outstanding.

Yeah, that's definitely a good point.

Thor, after a year to mature, on the floor with Smith  next year is just "wow" to think about. Add JP and AF, hopefully with SC to dish off....Just awesome to think about

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Thor, after a year to mature, on the floor with Smith  next year is just "wow" to think about. Add JP and AF, hopefully with SC to dish off....Just awesome to think about

Yep. If SC isn’t here next year, we’ll have to go find another PG, whether it’s a HS guy or from JUCO/transfer. 

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy is another level of player from what we are used to seeing. We may have had guys as good but not with this whole package. Size, scoring ability etc......just hope we have some guys that can get him the ball 😕

Just hope G league stays away from him. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just hope G league stays away from him. 

They prob won't, but to add context, the guys we pursued in middle 2020 were not loud, open commitments to Auburn. Other than Jalen Green, they weren't commitments at all. 

• Like 1

3/12/21.  Per Max Preps.  J Smith had big game numbers but his team lost in the AAA championship game in Macon.... Cross Creek (Augusta) stunned Sandy Creek (Tyrone) 57-49 in the Class AAA title game Friday evening. The Razorbacks finished the game on a 13-0 run, overcoming 19 points, 17 rebounds and four blocks from five-star senior Jabari Smith.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

I can't really think of a situation in which offering a superstar's friends/mates has failed for Pearl yet. the closest might be Stretch, but he's still valuable minutes for a position that has had consistent foul trouble, on top of being a good body against other immobile, floor bound centers

But Cardwell, Devan, I suppose Okoro in a way, potentially (and hopefully) Joyful Hawkins, all really talented guys to me 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can't really think of a situation in which offering a superstar's friends/mates has failed for Pearl yet. the closest might be Stretch, but he's still valuable minutes for a position that has had consistent foul trouble, on top of being a good body against other immobile, floor bound centers

But Cardwell, Devan, I suppose Okoro in a way, potentially (and hopefully) Joyful Hawkins, all really talented guys to me 

Don't know anything about him, but if we're offering him as a freshman, he's got to be a top recruit for that class.

A school can offer a basketball player just in the 9th grade? 

I guess I am thinking of softball where they changed the rules where coaches could not offer until they were I think in 10th or 11th.

I guess football and basketball don't have these restrictions?

Micah Smith is a 6'7" 191 pound freshman. The You Tube Video he looks awfully good for a freshman.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/micah-smith/EnXcVGj8wEK84I6HmPW0Cw/default.htm

On 3/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, AUMicBK said:

When I first saw the name, I thought it was his little brother...

Auburn basketball: Looking at 5-star commit Jabari Smith’s accolades

Jabari Smith, a five-star power forward out of Tyrone, GA, is the highest-ranked recruit in Auburn basketball history, but you don’t have to take my word for it. The high school senior’s list of accolades continues to grow as he gets closer to beginning his career on the Plains, and today we’re looking at just a few of Smith’s honors.

The 6’10” 210-pound athlete is the number one recruit out of the state of Georgia, the number two power forward, and the fifth-best overall prospect in the countryaccording to 247 Sports. Smith finished his senior season averaging 23.4 points per game, 9.5 rebounds per game, and 3.2 assists per game.

Jabari Smith was named the 2020-21 Max Preps Georgia High School Basketball Player of the Year after helping lead his Sandy Creek High School team to the Class AAA state championship, which they lost 57-49 to Cross Creek.

Smith also made his way onto the 2021 Boys’ McDonald’s All-American game roster, headlining as a national player of the year contender, in addition to the Naismith All-American first team:

McDonald’s All-American Jabari Smith was a PROBLEM this season 😤

Auburn got something SPECIAL on the way 🐅 @jabarismithll @AuburnMBBpic.twitter.com/QX8GkBMBNo

— Overtime (@overtime) March 21, 2021

Wednesday, the Atlanta Tip-Off Club awarded Jabari Smith the honor of Mr. Georgia Basketball, and then Thursday the USA Basketball Junior National Teams announced Smith made the 2021 Nike Hoops Summit team, though the game won’t be played this year due to COVID-19.

The 14-man 2021 USA @nikehoopsummit Team led by @coachswhite, @stan_waterman & Scott Fitch

» https://t.co/j85WBcxUb9pic.twitter.com/xcYAlZ2kfd

— USABJNT (@usabjnt) March 26, 2021

Smith announced his commitment to Auburn basketball in October and officially signed with Bruce Pearl and his staff on November 17. He chose the Tigers over schools including North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

The power forward joins 4-star shooting guard Trey Alexander on the Tigers’ class of 2021 signees roster. College of Charleston transfer Zep Jasper will also be joining the team in 2021 as Auburn loses Jamal Johnson, Justin Powell, and Javon Franklin to the NCAA Transfer Portal and potentially JT Thor and Sharife Cooper to the NBA.

https://flywareagle.com/2021/03/26/auburn-basketball-jabari-smith-accolades/

• 4 weeks later...