2021 4* C Adama Sanogo (UConn)

ellitor

11 offers including AU (Per Rivals), UConn, Pitt, Xavier, TCU, Oregon, Rutgers, Zona St., Creighton, Marquette, & Okie St.
High school teammate of major target Jonathan Kuminga
Major target
Much like Kuminga expected to reclassify to the 2020 class

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh he's from Mali -- very cool. Saw this awesome band from Mali called Tinariwen a few months ago -- one of the best shows I've been to without a doubt. So vibey and bluesy. I didn't care that I couldn't understand the lyrics it was just an awesome experience

AHEM......

I know the video is very short but I like the idea he's reclassifying and 6'9 250 is pretty impressive. He seems like the type of big that could really excel for us in our system. Offensively he seems really raw though.

Also I wonder how the dude who heckled Santiago from Tennessee would feel about us signing a guy from Mali. That isn't in America, afterall.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guy has apparently been a dick on multiple instances

SMH. I wonder what Babatunde thought of that comment, as a foreign player.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guy has apparently been a dick on multiple instances

Sad but every school has fans like that. 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

What are the odds of getting Jonathan Kuminga? I pulled up a YT video and he is crazy good, with a bigger body type. He looks damn near NBA ready to me

Duke certainly is the favorite but Auburn has at least made a solid impact

16 hours ago, Tiger said:

SMH. I wonder what Babatunde thought of that comment, as a foreign player.

@Tiger Pretty sure DTR is talking about the fan & yes he has been a Richard on multiple occassions. Was told yesterday he was thrown out of the LSU game also.

16 hours ago, doverstutts said:

What are the odds of getting Jonathan Kuminga? I pulled up a YT video and he is crazy good, with a bigger body type. He looks damn near NBA ready to me

Supposedly goes up if he reclassifies to this class.

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Duke certainly is the favorite but Auburn has at least made a solid impact

Actually it's an AU-UK battle right now.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Tiger Pretty sure DTR is talking about the fan & yes he has been a Richard on multiple occassions. Was told yesterday he was thrown out of the LSU game also.

Apparently he is banned from all Auburn athletics for life.

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Apparently he is banned from all Auburn athletics for life.

Be interesting to see how that's enforceable.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Be interesting to see how that's enforceable.

My understanding is he is a student.  In order to get into any sort of game you need your student I.D. card.  That probably is how they keep him out if by disabling his card.  Now he might get another friends card to try and get in so that is where security needs to check to picture on the card like the do for football games now.  They will also ban him from buying season tickets or mini-season tickets after college.  Will he still sneak into games buying a third party ticket?  Sure, but I bet he will never speak up again unless he wants to get kicked out and arrested.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

that is where security needs to check to picture on the card like the do for football games now. 

I'm well aware since I do security for AU events. We are told to only look for an approximity on the IDs, not specificalities. For example a white male with blue eyes who has a student ID of a white male with blue eyes is going to pass.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm well aware since I do security for AU events. We are told to only look for an approximity on the IDs, not specificalities. For example a white male with blue eyes who has a student ID of a white male with blue eyes is going to pass.

Can't imagine how long the lines would be and how empty the room would be at tipoff if you guys were going full TSA at the door. 

Gotta be realistic.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do you see Auburn becoming more strict with an increased priority on security (example of the metal detectors being added this year)?

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More strict in what ways?

Checking the I.D.'s for the actual person, metal detectors at all venues, bigger police presence,  etc.  I am just curious to see if this last season was the beginning of more precautions.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Checking the I.D.'s for the actual person, metal detectors at all venues, bigger police presence,  etc.  I am just curious to see if this last season was the beginning of more precautions.

McLoofus addressed the  checking IDs above, no. Would take way too long.

Don’t see detectors at all venues either especially since we only have a clear bag policy at football. Every other venue is still whatever bag you want to bring in.

doubtful on enhanced police presence. It’s already pretty big as it is.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

.back to Sanogo?

I watched video on him, and while he is not chopped liver,as Buddy Hackett used to say, I like Big Cliff better because he is more athletic. If Kuminga and Sanogo would come together, then I like Sanogo the best

this is like a beefed up version of mackenzie and mackenro alexander lol (or what we thought sharife and cambridge was supposed to be) 

you take the guy if he already fits a need and helps you get the better partner, better prospects be damned! 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've heard differently but Ill defer to you in this type of situation

Just relaying a report from a rivals basketball recruiting reporter.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Supposedly goes up if he reclassifies to this class.

E, I'm new to following basketball recruiting. When would he have to make the decision to reclassify or not? Is there a '"national signing date" like in football?

Archived