Scott Cochran to Georgia

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Where could be possibly fit on the field?

I just read he’s going to be the special teams coordinator. He wants to be a head coach one day.

Kirby hired the right guy. He knows how to mask the meds. 😎

• WarTiger changed the title to Scott Cochran to Georgia

Wild man Cochran coaching on the field?  WOW 

Whoever Kirby has had juicing his players, they started that yrs ago.  Pickens bulked up to a hoss in less than a yr in the weight room, so uga already had the secret sauce in the mix to get those players swole.

I am a little surprised he is a special teams coordinator.  That job requires a lot of intricacies dealing with the kicking and punting teams.  That could end up being a disaster where he could potentially stick out like a sore thumb.  He may have been suited better for another position such as RB's.

Best thing out of all this........is now we don't have to listen to that stupid commercial with him in it anymore.  Good lord is his voice annoying.   He sounds like he's been on a week long drinking binge,  dude needs to dial down the roids a little.

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am a little surprised he is a special teams coordinator.  That job requires a lot of intricacies dealing with the kicking and punting teams.  That could end up being a disaster where he could potentially stick out like a sore thumb.  He may have been suited better for another position such as RB's.

He was doing the special teams coaching at bama. FWIW. Has been for years.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He was doing the special teams coaching at bama. FWIW. Has been for years.

Wouldn't his poor record at least on the kicking deter UGA then?  Alabama isn't known for their special teams.  If UGA is trying to be a better version of Alabama one would conclude they need to invest more into the kicking game.

15 hours ago, keesler said:

Wild man Cochran coaching on the field?  WOW 

Whoever Kirby has had juicing his players, they started that yrs ago.  Pickens bulked up to a hoss in less than a yr in the weight room, so uga already had the secret sauce in the mix to get those players swole.

A very very good friend of mine son played at Miss State. He played at DE. He was 6'4" and 205lb out of high school. He came back home after 9 months of college football training, eating, ect at 6'4" and 255. This was back in the early 90's. I'm not saying that red isn't pumping his guys full of juice but these typ0es of programs are legit.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Wouldn't his poor record at least on the kicking deter UGA then?  Alabama isn't known for their special teams.  If UGA is trying to be a better version of Alabama one would conclude they need to invest more into the kicking game.

One would think. Saban still didn't offer him a on the field job when he could have countered uga.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People I know say Cochran is an absolute meathead just like he portrays and has no business as a on the field coach. He is a good SC coach.

He wasn't the same coach that got into it with Pearl during a game with Bama on the court in the last year or 2, is it? He kinda looked like Cochran.

A question, how could he be the special teams coach at Alabama, but not be considered a field coach?  Saban said he wasn't ready to be a field coach.

But he will be the same coach at GA and WILL be an on the field coach? 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One would think. Saban still didn't offer him a on the field job when he could have countered uga.

Saban would rather have a on-field-coach that has good experience recruiting. I can't imagine that wild crazy guy screaming and jumping up and down like a damn fool in a Momma's living room trying to recruit her son to come play for uga.  

I hope Kirby's risk fails miserably - Cochran the meathead is perfect for uga's on-field-coaching and recruiting.😈

8 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Best thing out of all this........is now we don't have to listen to that stupid commercial with him in it anymore.  Good lord is his voice annoying.   He sounds like he's been on a week long drinking binge,  dude needs to dial down the roids a little.

Speak for yourself. I live in Ga and WAS enjoying not having to listen hear his annoying arse anymore. 

Looks like my torment has only just begun. 

Apparently this is not the first time Smart has deliberately timed making a move to hurt Alabama.  I saw a story from an Alabama insider (that apparently I am late to the party in finding out) that when he accepted the UGA job, he took a picture of Alabama's recruiting board.  After he did this, he texted the picture to recruits to show them that they were not that high on Alabama's board.  With Cochran, I guess Smart knew Alabama was in their 4th quarter of their winter work out program and knew that would be the worst time to steal the guy.

16 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Maybe this will finally get Saban to turn Kirby in to the NCAA

Saban wouldn't turn Kirby in because Kirby would turn right around and turn Saban in. 

19 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Saban wouldn't turn Kirby in because Kirby would turn right around and turn Saban in. 

I was thinking about that yesterday. Mutually assured destruction means they both get to keep on keepin' on. 

Time for the infamous Auburn Hate Machine to do some dirty work. 

Archived