2021 4* OT Dylan Fairchild (UGA)

ellitor

14 offers including AU, FSU, Minnesota, Tennessee, & Texas A&M
Visited AU the last day before the February dead period started & will visit again the day after it ends
3* when AU offered & now rating & offers starting to rise

How is that Possible was a 3* Auburn offered and is now a 4*.  E you must be wrong as we have numerous posters who say when Auburn offers their ratings  go down. LOL

He is about 10 minutes down the road from me.  It seems most of the Georgia recruits we want are close and we really need to focus on this area.   A lot of NFL players retire here so naturally their kids go to school here.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

How is that Possible was a 3* Auburn offered and is now a 4*.  E you must be wrong as we have numerous posters who say when Auburn offers their ratings  go down. LOL

No when they commit to us is when the rankings go down

Auburn 'checks all the boxes' for Georgia offensive tackle

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Dylan Fairchild visited Auburn on Feb. 2, the last day before the recruiting dead period began. He then returned on Sunday, the first day after the recruiting dead period ended.

Needless to say, Fairchild, an offensive tackle from West Forsyth (Ga.), has high interest in Auburn.

“Auburn is checking all the boxes,” Fairchild said. “All the boxes have been checked. That’s really how I feel. Everything is being checked by Auburn.”

Fairchild spent Sunday touring the campus and facilities and meeting with the coaches.

“It was an amazing visit,” Fairchild said. “Academically, we saw everything. We talked to Coach Gus (Malzahn), Coach (Jack) Bicknell and Coach (Chad) Morris.”

Fairchild has developed a strong bond with Bicknell, Auburn’s new offensive line coach.

“I think Coach Bick is a great guy,” Fairchild said. “He spent time in the (NFL) and knows what he’s doing. He can really take me and put me in the situation that I want to be in. He believes in me and I believe in him and the Auburn program.”

Fairchild also spent time with Tate Johnson, a true freshman offensive lineman.

“I like him. Me and him really got on a good level,” Fairchild said. “We talked and I asked him about Auburn. My dad always says to find someone who isn’t a starter and ask them questions. Tate is a true freshman, so he has a good idea. I asked him to tell me the truth about Auburn and he said, ‘I love it. It’s so much fun. Yeah, it’s hard and it’s tough, but it’s so worth it.’ And I believe that.”

Although high on Auburn, Fairchild stopped short of naming the Tigers his leader.

“Auburn is definitely in the top. Definitely, 100 percent Auburn is up there,” Fairchild said. “All I can say is that Auburn has checked all the boxes.”

Fairchild, who is 6-feet-5 and 295 pounds, will visit both Georgia and Tennessee this week.

“Georgia wants me to come up Wednesday, go to their basketball game and meet Coach (Matt) Luke and Coach Kirby Smart,” Fairchild said. “And then we’re going to Tennessee on Saturday.”

Fairchild, a state champion in wrestling's 285-pound division, is not in a rush to make a decision.

“I’d probably say after my senior season, but if it gets around summertime and I know where I’m going to go 100 percent, I’ll make the decision,” he said. “Most likely, though, it will be after my senior season.”

On 2/25/2020 at 3:57 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

uga has offered him. That's how. :homer:

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga has offered him.

Not per his 247 or Rivals profiles.

@Paladin when you post articles in wrong threads, don't delete them in the future. Mods can move articles & posts to correct threads.

I like that he is a state champion in wrestling.  In this area wrestling is a fairly big deal too so getting out of the district a champion.  He will know how to use leverage.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OT Dylan Fairchild

It says OT,  I am all in - he is a "take".

13 hours ago, Paladin said:

Impressive.  His stance is super wide and he is squatting in tennis shoes.  He could go a little deeper into the pocket to break 90 though.  His third rep was his best.  Not horrible and that is a lot of weight.  Would be very happy to have him with us.

• 1 month later...

Dylan Fairchild: "Things are very close"

kflitifqoy7m0x8bvkoa

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com
Recruiting Analyst

Right before the Coronavirus hit the United State, and high schools begin shutting down and college visits were banned,

Things were going smooth for the 6-foot-5, 295 pound offensive lineman out of Cumming (Ga.) West Forsyth, and he was on the verge of cutting his list down.

His recruitment has ramped up to anther level now, and he is fielding double-digit calls almost daily and he is now trying to slow things down.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

CORONAVIRUS EFFECT: ""The virus has really slowed things down for me," said Fairchild. "No more visits can be taken right now, school is online every day, and everything is over the phone. I am not one that likes to be on my phone all the time, so it is definitely different. College coaches have more time, schools are hitting me up a lot more and I would say it is a little harder to handle everything. I am fortunate to be in this position with offers, so that is great, but the virus has changed a lot."

A TIGHT RACE: "I was planning to cut my list down to 10 schools soon, but that has kind of been put on hold. I do not think I will be ready to do it until we can get back out for visits. I probably know around four or five schools right now, but I need more visits to really finish it. I still have a lot of schools I am considering. I am talking to at least six or seven schools every day right now, and some schools are reaching out wanting to talk every other day, then others, like every three days. There are still a lot of schools up there for me."

SEC STRONG: "Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina are really recruiting me hard. It has really been crazy. Those schools are really showing a lot of interest and trying to talk to me about every other day. LSU is in there too and they are talking to me a lot.

"Georgia is the last school I visited and I visited Tennessee right before that. I was at Auburn in March too. LSU and Georgia offered me on the same night — that was crazy. Coach Matt Luke and I have developed a relationship fast and I like him a lot. Me and my family are really liking Georgia right now. I have been talking with coach James Cregg of LSU a lot too. It is a great school and a place I want to visit as soon as possible.

"I have visited Tennessee twice now and I got a lot out of my second visit. I spent more time with the coaches, I saw a lot more, and I really got to know coach Will Friend, coach Chris Weinke and coach Jeremy Pruitt. We are really growing our relationship.

"With Auburn, nothing has changed — it is great. Things are definitely good with me and Auburn and I really like coach Jack Bicknell a lot. He is a very genuine guy, he is easy to talk to and Auburn overall has done a fantastic job recruiting me.

"South Carolina was first to offer me and they are still making me feel like a priority. Coach Eric Wolford and coach Will Muschamp are great guys and they seem like guys I would love to play for."

NEXT STEP: "I am just taking it day to day now. I am not sure now when I will commit. I have kind of pushed that to the side until this all blows by. I am trying to handle school online, talk to coaches and just take it all in. The SAT was canceled, the Rivals camp was canceled, I had visits coming up and I am now slowing it all down. We will see when I feel ready to commit. Things are still very close — like within one point of each other at the top for me right now, so I still have a lot to think about."

RIVALS REACTION

Plenty of other schools are involved that were not talked about in this feature. Fairchild is a wanted offensive lineman, and some of the other schools in pursuit of him are Arkansas, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Penn State, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. Is there a leader in his mind right now? There likely is, but it is very fluid. Auburn and South Carolina were those schools for a while, but Georgia getting Fairchild to Athens and offering last month really has put the Bulldogs squarely in the mix. LSU and Tennessee are up there too. His stock is up — way up — and Fairchild will see him ranking on Rivals change in a positive way once the 2021 rankings are updated.

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Coach Garner needs to stay in touch with Fairchild and not let up.

Rodney Garner Assoc. Head Coach / DL

(334) 844-9866

I think it would be a good idea if you called and told him so because I bet he has thought about it.

22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Coach Garner needs to stay in touch with Fairchild and not let up.

2 hours ago, tinman said:
Rodney Garner Assoc. Head Coach / DL

(334) 844-9866

I think it would be a good idea if you called and told him so because I bet he has thought about it.

When you get Coach Garner on the phone, a4e, ask Garner to relay your message to Coach T Williams as Fairchild is in his area.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do believe he is at the top of the list for us at OT. I'd say he is a take.

WDE...DO you like our chances with him? He would be a nice get for sure.  thanks my friend!

WDE!! from the Doc!

Hopefully he is the first of at least 2 SEC potential s tarting OT in this class and we do it every year. He is in my top 5 wants for this class. We have big needs at OT and DT  in this class plus a quality QB.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There's a tackle out of Duncanville and one out of North Shore that we should be all over.

Call coach Morris and coach Bicknell

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Call coach Morris and coach Bicknell

We're already recruiting Davis out of NS and signed Thompson out of Duncanville last year. I'm sure they know about them.

One of my friends is coaching the kid out of Magnolia. He says he is a good one.

Archived