Future schedule option

AUght2win

Sorry y'all, but a game at ND is special.  Went to ND/Stanford two years ago and loved it up there.  Campus is gorgeous.  People are friendly.  Sight lines in the stadium are spectacular.  I would go back in a heartbeat if we played there.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Sorry y'all, but a game at ND is special.  Went to ND/Stanford two years ago and loved it up there.  Campus is gorgeous.  People are friendly.  Sight lines in the stadium are spectacular.  I would go back in a heartbeat if we played there.

Haven't been to a game but I've been to the campus. Walked the stadium, the grotto, etc. I was like, "Dammit. It really *is* incredible."

And I also have met many very, very cool Notre Dame people. Can't think of any true jacklegs. 

Typical Notre Dame playa hatin' in this thread.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Haven't been to a game but I've been to the campus. Walked the stadium, the grotto, etc. I was like, "Dammit. It really *is* incredible."

And I also have met many very, very cool Notre Dame people. Can't think of any true jacklegs. 

Typical Notre Dame playa hatin' in this thread.

This is "Trumpets Under the Dome".  They do it inside the Admissions center which is the Gold Dome building about two hours before kick.  It's pretty incredible.

45 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is "Trumpets Under the Dome".  They do it inside the Admissions center which is the Gold Dome building about two hours before kick.  It's pretty incredible.

Can't imagine what that sounds like in person. 

I'd love to see it. We have a little in common. 

John Francis Meagher (July 5, 1894 – December 7, 1968) was an American football player, coach of football, basketball, and baseball, and college athletics administrator.

Meagher played football for the University of Notre Dame in 1916, rising to a second-team end under then-assistant coach, Knute Rockne.[1][2][3] He served with the United States Marines in France during World War I[4] and played in four games with the Chicago Tigers in 1920, the first year of the National Football League (NFL).[5]

For more:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Meagher

• 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome if we could get a home and home series with Notre Dame. I hope we never agree to play Michigan unless it's in some bowl game.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It would be awesome if we could get a home and home series with Notre Dame. I hope we never agree to play Michigan unless it's in some bowl game.

They are only the all-time winningest program and that alone is reason to want to play them. I don't understand why any Auburn fan wouldn't want to play ND, Mich., and others of that historical relevance. I just can't get overly excited about Cal and UNC. To each his own I guess. :dunno:

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

They are only the all-time winningest program and that alone is reason to want to play them. I don't understand why any Auburn fan wouldn't want to play ND, Mich., and others of that historical relevance. I just can't get overly excited about Cal and UNC. To each his own I guess. :dunno:

One is not like the other in this. Playing Notre Dame is Def special. Especially throwing in the fact we have never faced them. That would immediately be one of the biggest regular season games in AU history that is not against one of our hated rivals.

Michigan? Meh. Just another overrated big 10 team. Just another team that un justifiably gets way too much national pub each season. 

I feel you on the cal and UNC points though. Except I do think playing in Berkeley will be cool and so fun!! I cannot wait for that game!! But your right. def nowhere near the cache of playing a Notre Dame would bring. 

We do have a home and home with Penn St in the coming years right? There's your big Marquee ooc game that comes with playing a program with historical significance that you mentioned.

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

One is not like the other in this. Playing Notre Dame is Def special. Especially throwing in the fact we have never faced them. That would immediately be one of the biggest regular season games in AU history that is not against one of our hates rivals.

Michigan? Meh. Just another overrated big 10 team. Just another team that un justifiably gets way too much national pub each season. 

I feel you on the cal and UNC points though. Except I do think playing in Berkeley will be cool and so fun!! I cannot wait for that game!! But your right. def nowhere near the cache of playing a Notre Dame would bring. 

We do have a home and home with Penn St in the coming years right? There's your big Marquee ooc game that comes with playing a program with historical significance that you mentioned.

I like the Penn St game coming up for sure. I just have always liked Michigan as a program too. Guess it's just the fact that as a kid I was only able to watch one or two games a week because that's all there was on TV. Looked forward to seeing Michigan because of several reasons but my dislike for OSU and the fact that the Wolverine helmet is the best helmet ever was a big part at that age for me. I guess it's just nostalgia for me. I'm older so give me at least that. :)

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

One is not like the other in this. Playing Notre Dame is Def special. Especially throwing in the fact we have never faced them. That would immediately be one of the biggest regular season games in AU history that is not against one of our hates rivals.

I agree with both you guys. ND, duh. 

Michigan- An overrated blue blood that gets all the pub AND we should be able to beat them? YES PLEASE. Penn State is the same thing to me except potentially more dangerous :/

Taking in a game in Berkley, preferably in early September when the weather is 100000000x better out there than it is in central AL? Oh hell yes. 

UNC... eh... but there's something to be said for beatable P5 OOC opponents. Our whole problem is that we keep scheduling them and then they keep turning into juggernauts right before we play them. (Actually, Clemson was the only one who ended up being a problem. But... damn.)

On 2/28/2020 at 7:18 AM, weagl1 said:

Screw Notre Dame and the horse they rode up on.  We don’t need them we play better teams than them every year.  They are consistently over-rated based on what they did 50+ years ago.  They are no longer relevant the press just builds them up hoping for a magical resurrection that ain’t happening.  Half the teams in the SEC are better than them year in and year out. 

It's just a Manti Te'o thing... 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that Auburn don't want to play Michigan for 2 games, but it's Michigan that doesn't won't to come to AU. They have said they would play us if we go to Michigan for game 1. However for game 2, Mich would only play AU if its in Atlanta, Dallas or New Orleans. It wouldn't bother me any if we only played Mich during the bowl season.

Archived