Men @ Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Refs weren’t great this game but their not the reason we lost we shot to many damn threes(34) we know our strength getting to the FT line and finishing we didn’t stick to it because we came out hot from three to start the game and they kept trying to go back to it. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

UK nerd coming to talk s*** in 3...2...1...

He said it would be a blowout. Unless a 7 point home win in a nip and tuck game is a blowout.....

Meh. Much better than I expected. We played them a lot tougher at rupp this season than the past 2 years with much better teams. I expected to get run out of the gym by 30 plus. So I was pleasantly surprised. I never expected us to win this game but with how bad we shot from 3 it's a miracle it was as close as it was. If you told me we only would lose by 7 beforehand I would of thought we shot  lights out. But noooope. Abysmal as usual from three.

1 minute ago, Jaxr29 said:

Refs weren’t great this game but their not the reason we lost we shot to many damn threes(34) we know our strength getting to the FT like and finishing we didn’t stick to it because we came out hot from three to start the game and they kept trying to go back to it. 

Fools gold. You start the game hitting a bunch of them, fall in love with it, and it kills you.

We are eventually going to clip them at rupp but we never were with this team. O and if you want to know why we take so many threes it's because against good teams it usually is the only consistently semi open shot we get.

I didn’t get to watch and see it was AU FTs that cost them the game, but 46 fouls called? Doesn’t matter who they favored that is detrimental to college basketball and endemic of the state of officiating. Unacceptable. 

Teams know how to defend us by now and there's a reason we are open all the time from three. Just pack it in the paint and there's nothing we can do against the good teams except hope for a miracle like the LSU game when we hit 18 threes.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I didn’t get to watch and see it was AU FTs that cost them the game, but 95 fouls called? Doesn’t matter who they favored that is detrimental to college basketball and endemic of the state of officiating. Unacceptable. 

UK didn’t make a FG for 7+ minutes in the 2nd half, but still maintained a 3-5 point lead all the way up until the last 2-3 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Teams know how to defend us by now and there's a reason we are open all the time from three. Just pack it in the paint and there's nothing we can do against the good teams except hope for a miracle like the LSU game when we hit 18 threes.

Drive and draw the foul is about the only strategy we seem to possess. Would work great if we were a great FT shooting team. 

how did the white kid hold okoro's arm...locked in by the way and yet okoro get called a foul? i do not understand.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how did the white kid hold okoro's arm...locked in by the way and yet okoro get called a foul? i do not understand.

Because it’s at Rupp. They’re going to get the benefit on a tossup every time. 

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

That was kind of 50/50. From the camera angle on the backboard it looked like Isaac hooked first trying to box him out.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because it’s at Rupp. They’re going to get the benefit on a tossup every time. 

thanx shock. that was the most flagrant foul call i hav ever seen and i hate when we lose and people claim cheating............

same old,same old...Missed FT's, dumb fouls, typical bad calls at Rupp by corrupt officials(the call of Quickly's 3 point attempt should warrant a suspension for that scum sucker, never touched Quickley or the ball)) Wiley missed 3 easy,point blank shot,etc. It makes me happy to gripe about losing to UK at Rupp by 7,though. One more win to get to 25, with this group? I'll take it because I did not expect it before the year. AU basketball has won 80 games in the last 3 years! Amazing

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

That was kind of 50/50. From the camera angle on the backboard it looked like Isaac hooked first trying to box him out.

i did not see it but i miss a lot..........thanx

Okoro drives and loses the handle nearly every time. J’von cant make free throws. We hung with them despite these short comings.  Wiley did ok when he was in. If he would avoid cheap fouls he should get more minutes. Not a bad game in Lexington. We had to hit more threes and didn’t. I’ll gladly take a split with uk every year. 

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

same old,same old...Missed FT's, dumb fouls, typical bad calls at Rupp by corrupt officials(the call of Quickly's 3 point attempt should warrant a suspension for that scum sucker, never touched Quickley or the ball)) Wiley missed 3 easy,point blank shot,etc. It makes me happy to gripe about losing to UK at Rupp by 7,though. One more win to get to 25, with this group? I'll take it because I did not expect it before the year. AU basketball has won 80 games in the last 3 years! Amazing

red rover red rover send mr dover right over..................you got that right! but i still feel sadder than a tennessee jet song

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Seems like the basketball team is like the football team. They can't win on the road. That's never a good thing.

Road games in basketball and football are very different beasts. 

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Seems like the basketball team is like the football team. They can't win on the road. That's never a good thing.

I like our basketball team better than the football team currently. At least they don’t lose to UTk at home. 

That was the toughest game we will have the rest of the year. Nothing will compare the rest of the season playing a really good UK team at rupp. They have the pieces to go to a final 4. Great sign we didn't come close to playing well and it still it was competitive.

17 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Road games in basketball and football are very different beasts. 

Spot TF on. In football you never have to worry about losing to a caliber team of a Mizzou and Georgia on the road like we did in basketball. Bball teams get a much bigger boost at home than fball.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

UK didn’t make a FG for 7+ minutes in the 2nd half, but still maintained a 3-5 point lead all the way up until the last 2-3 minutes. 

This was infuriating. 

Archived