Men @ Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Well disappointing loss but i was happy with how the team played. Make a couple of those shots late and we win that thing. Make a few more free throws and we win that thing. I think the players felt how close they were late and it led them to getting away from our game and trying to hit that one big shot to put us over the edge and we just could not do it. 

Team needs to recover fast and win these last 2 games. Finishing second in SEC this year and getting the tourney bye would be huge! We can easily slip to 5th or 6th in SEC if we don't take care of business here at the end. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played pretty well I'd say. My main takeaway is that we can play with Kentucky away from home. I was thinking we'd get annihilated in Rupp but we were right there and could've pulled it out with some better play from the FT line.

They did a fantastic job on bringing an extra defender on Isaac's drive. It caused him all kinds of trouble, we are going to have to come up with a counter for that and I'm confident Bruce will come up with one.

I was very proud of our guys Saturday against KY jelly. I expected us to get blown out of the gym, but our guys hung tough, did not back down, and if it wasn't for the long offensive drought in the first half, when we were stuck on 20 for a long time, we would have won this game. Had them down and just couldn't keep our foot on their necks.

Good showing for AU regardless. War Eagle!!!!

Archived