Baseball vs Wright State Game 3

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

High time for the brooms to come out!

Bailey Horne gives up a few hits but gets a double play ball to get him out of the inning in the first.

WSU 0

AU coming to the plate B1

Thanks for the update today. Doesn’t appear to be streaming anywhere. 

Bases have been walked loaded here in the first

Scheffler rips a double down the left field line and Davis scores from first.

Howell moves Scheffler to third then Woley with an RBI single. 

4-0 AU thru 1!

Horne in some trouble in the second. A walk and a seeing eye single to start have runners at 1&2 with no outs. 

2 strikeout stem the momentum. 

Horne trying to get out unscathed...

And he does- three straight strikeouts to close that inning. Nice job Bailey Horne.

4-0 AU B2

Kason Howell doubles home Scheffler in the third to give Auburn a 5-0 lead.

Horne working in the fourth with two outs and a man on second.

A single gets the man to third, but a VERY nice play by Rankin Woley gets AU out of the inning unscathed. 

5-0 AU B4

Bailey Horn trying to get out of the fifth with no runs scored. Runners on the corners with two down for WSU....

Horn gets the flyout to center, and that’s now 5 scoreless innings for him. Don’t believe we’ll see him again today as Fitts has been warming up for a while now. If so, an awesome outing from Bailey.

Final line of 5.0 IP,  0 R,  6 H, 7 K’s

Exactly what he needed after last weekend 

Stay HOT Ryan Bliss! A double to left boosts the average to .426 on the year. 

Davis with a deep flyout to right and Bliss is at third with one out in the fifth. 

Scheffler with his fourth RBI on the day with a single through the left side and it’s 6-0 AU

Matt Scheffler is very aggressive with his approach to the plate right now and he is simply finding holes to drive the ball through. The senior catcher is hitting .394 now and has assumed the role of the cleanup man in Williams’ absence. Hope he continues his success this season. 

Ryan Bliss and Judd Ward were magic at the plate this weekend. I hope that carries over into SEC play. Howell, Davis, Woley and Scheffler also had great at bats. Good to see things going again.

I can't stand the fact that even with the SEC Network and SEC Network+ that you still can't watch Auburn baseball. Would love to watch us play more but w/e. Glad to get the series sweep and glad to see that Bliss is still killing it!

12 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I can't stand the fact that even with the SEC Network and SEC Network+ that you still can't watch Auburn baseball. Would love to watch us play more but w/e. Glad to get the series sweep and glad to see that Bliss is still killing it!

They're promoting basketball heavily right now I guess.  When SEC play starts all the games will be televised. 

Edit: Looks like Samford, the Chicago State series and GaTech will all be on the SEC network according to auburntigers.com. Wofford will not.....so we'll be old school again. 

Bliss is an amazing talent.....so fun to watch that kid play.

AU won this game 6-0 by the way. Realized I never posted final score. 

Good bounce back week by the Tigers to get the record back to looking nice and pretty. 10-3 going into a midweeker against Samford and a weekend series against Chicago State. Samford is playing very good ball so far this season. Would certainly still be a disappointment if we were to lose that one at home though. I'm expecting a 14-3 record for the Tigers heading into the GT game. If AU can get a few bounces and cruise along in a few games, they can go 16-3 in the pre-conference slate, and be in a prime position for hosting a regional. 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

AU won this game 6-0 by the way. Realized I never posted final score. 

Good bounce back week by the Tigers to get the record back to looking nice and pretty. 10-3 going into a midweeker against Samford and a weekend series against Chicago State. Samford is playing very good ball so far this season. Would certainly still be a disappointment if we were to lose that one at home though. I'm expecting a 14-3 record for the Tigers heading into the GT game. If AU can get a few bounces and cruise along in a few games, they can go 16-3 in the pre-conference slate, and be in a prime position for hosting a regional. 

Samford is always a challenge.  Not gonna mess with the mojo by looking too far ahead.....:tease: ;D

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Samford is always a challenge.  Not gonna mess with the mojo by looking too far ahead.....:tease: ;D

Pretty sure Daniel Robert blew up his elbow saving what turned into a track meet (17-16) against Samford late in '17.  Those guys always want to show well for Casey against his alma mater.

3 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

Pretty sure Daniel Robert blew up his elbow saving what turned into a track meet (17-16) against Samford late in '17.  Those guys always want to show well for Casey against his alma mater.

I actually remember that game.....and Daniel Robert too. He played outfield, first base, and was a pretty decent pitcher. IIRC he's been pitching in the minors somewhere in Texas.

Archived