Jump to content
Null

Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread


Recommended Posts





  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is getting to Sweet 16 and elite 8's huge let downs? What?! lol. Considering how just absolutely awful the program has been most years besides a couple of pockets of runs why is that what you woul

When other teams go to zone this team settles for long 3's. Okoro should be at the top of the key getting the ball there gives him a better option to get ball down low to Wiley to drive and pull up fo

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means so much!!!!! I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, AURex said:
A sad showing by Auburn tonight. When you cannot  even beat a bottom dweller on your home court on senior night with the SEC title on the line ... embarrassing.
 

No excuse. None. All involved better darn well want to make up for it. I want to cuss really really badly. Ugh. Cuss cuss cuss. Where the heck was Okoro?  Counting his millions??????

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have praised this team numerous times this season and have been extremely proud of how they have played this year...until this last month. The losses have all been against terrible teams with the exception of UK. AU have lost against some of the worst teams in the league at a time in which the good teams should be hitting on all cylinders. They went into the last quarter of the season with literally everything on the table to play for and a top ten ranking.  They have responded with a pair of lopsided losses to sub-500 teams, a loss to a top ten team that they beat earlier in the year, and now a loss to a terrible Texas A&M team on senior night at home.  The magnitude of the egg they just laid is enormous. This game was a perfect opportunity to cement their spot as the number two team in the SEC, help their NCAA seeding, send the seniors out with a win, and finish a perfect season at home for the year. How can you possibly not get up for that and give your very best freaking effort???? I just dont understand what has happened to this team. They will be lucky to win another game the rest of the season. Period. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AURex said:
A sad showing by Auburn tonight. When you cannot  even beat a bottom dweller on your home court on senior night with the SEC title on the line ... embarrassing.
 

Well at least the SEC title was not on the line! lol. Every team has home stinkers at least once a season. Last years ours was against Ole Miss. This year against a bad offensive team who had no business scoring that many points against us. I hate it came on senior night. This team gives everything it has. We just do not have a lot of talent and are doing the best we can. I know that is tough for fans to hear when we are 24-6 but it is the truth. This team has greatly over achieved but the book is out on how to stop this team. Zone us up and pack the paint. It keeps Samir and Okoro from getting in to the lane. No team is scared of us beating them from three. The line moving back hurt us moving back than anyone. Samir, Purifoy and A mac were all much better 3 point shooters in previous seasons. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BHDAU1 said:

I have praised this team numerous times this season and have been extremely proud of how they have played this year...until this last month. The losses have all been against terrible teams with the exception of UK. AU have lost against some of the worst teams in the league at a time in which the good teams should be hitting on all cylinders. They went into the last quarter of the season with literally everything on the table to play for and a top ten ranking.  They have responded with a pair of lopsided losses to sub-500 teams, a loss to a top ten team that they beat earlier in the year, and now a loss to a terrible Texas A&M team on senior night at home.  The magnitude of the egg they just laid is enormous. This game was a perfect opportunity to cement their spot as the number two team in the SEC, help their NCAA seeding, send the seniors out with a win, and finish a perfect season at home for the year. How can you possibly not get up for that and give your very best freaking effort???? I just dont understand what has happened to this team. They will be lucky to win another game the rest of the season. Period. 

There is a LOT of things to criticize about this team. BUT EFFORT?!?! YOU SERIOUS CLARKE?!? lol. That is one of the few things we are good at!!! This team is all effort. All heart. All guts. Honestly this is about a 15-17 team win based on talent level. But effort and heart have led to what should of been a down year in to going to the NCAA TOURNEY. I have to keep telling that myself when we have one of these losses to bad teams. It is a tough pill to swallow but it is the truth.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have lost 4 of the last 6.  Losing to a .500 team at home; not cool.  a .500 team that frankly has an awful offense.  That was just awful.  This is a very different team vs last year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TigerJeep said:

No excuse. None. All involved better darn well want to make up for it. I want to cuss really really badly. Ugh. Cuss cuss cuss. Where the heck was Okoro?  Counting his millions??????

Wiley and Okoro are the most effected by how teams guard us now. There is no driving lanes for Okoro and there is multiple defenders swarming at Wiley when we are actually fortunate to get the ball to him. The lack of shooting surrounding them is killing their effectiveness. We need to be able to hit our threes to get teams out of zone and play man so Okoro can take advantage and get to the rim at will.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, japantiger said:

We have lost 4 of the last 6.  Losing to a .500 team at home; not cool.  a .500 team that frankly has an awful offense.  That was just awful.  This is a very different team vs last year.  

If what you mean by different is not having 3 dynamite three point shooters and a great college back court  PLUS a offensive juggernaut for a team I WOULD AGREE! lol.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Uga 

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We got to win AT rocky top then to at least ensure the 3 seed or we are 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we’ll get lucky and get kicked down to a six seed in the NCAA tourney, get semi-hot and make the Sweet 16 😀 Otherwise, high likelihood we’ll be the 5 that gets beat by the 12 like happens every year, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who does LSU play? Cause I am worried we are about to get the 4 seed.

If we win one and get to the semis it won't really matter who we play. After losing to UGA, Missouri and TAM we can't be worried about which top seed we play. We'll have our hands full getting past day 3. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If we win one and get to the semis it won't really matter who we play. After losing to UGA, Missouri and TAM we can't be worried about which top seed we play. We'll have our hands full getting past day 3. 

I just want to avoid Kentucky as long as possible fam. Ya feel me on that Brodie?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

AND YES THIS IS THE PINK RANGER!!!!!!!!!! lol. Just in case you were wondering! haha. 

 

rewrew.gif

Awww man, you had to bring her into this. Love me some Kimberly.  Crushin' like it's '93 all over again. 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

We just do not have a lot of talent and are doing the best we can.

Ok, I'm just asking this as a novice to the Bruce Pearl era. I've really only followed Auburn during the Eddie Johnson/ Mike Mitchell radio era; the Charles Barkley/Chuck Person/Chris Morris era, and vaguely the Cliff Dwelling Chris Porter era; ALL were smoke and mirrors and huge let downs. I actually attended the sweet 16 or great 8 at B'ham when Person was there and we lost to UNC. I'll never forget we were in line for tickets and talking to another Auburn fan and he made the statement that he had been to more AWAY football games than he had attended HOME basketball games. And that is Auburn basketball in a nutshell.

Now, I'll agree that Pearl is at least as good as Sonny/Cliff and most likely better in the long run. But, hired in 2014 but with no recruit contact, and now in his fourth or fifth recruiting class depending on how you count it, HOW in the HELL can we not have a LOT OF TALENT? (not saying we don't). But, make whatever excuses you want to....transfers, early draft entry, suspensions, etc. GOATS don't make excuses - they make titles. What's the problem here? If we need to drop Under Armor then drop them. This is why I'm not invested in AU basketball. There's always an excuse and never a reason to get your hopes up only to have them dashed. Richmond Spiders say welcome to deja vu. When you're for real, you piss on Richmond Spider gear and laugh about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I came in towards the end of the first half and during my time there I didn’t see us get the ball to Wiley once on a post up. If he’s basically nullified as he has been and the Okoro drive is as off as it’s been

im not sure what this team has to lean on on the road going forward 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Ok, I'm just asking this as a novice to the Bruce Pearl era. I've really only followed Auburn during the Eddie Johnson/ Mike Mitchell radio era; the Charles Barkley/Chuck Person/Chris Morris era, and vaguely the Cliff Dwelling Chris Porter era; ALL were smoke and mirrors and huge let downs. I actually attended the sweet 16 or great 8 at B'ham when Person was there and we lost to UNC. I'll never forget we were in line for tickets and talking to another Auburn fan and he made the statement that he had been to more AWAY football games than he had attended HOME basketball games. And that is Auburn basketball in a nutshell.

Now, I'll agree that Pearl is at least as good as Sonny/Cliff and most likely better in the long run. But, hired in 2014 but with no recruit contact, and now in his fourth or fifth recruiting class depending on how you count it, HOW in the HELL can we not have a LOT OF TALENT? (not saying we don't). But, make whatever excuses you want to....transfers, early draft entry, suspensions, etc. GOATS don't make excuses - they make titles. What's the problem here? If we need to drop Under Armor then drop them. This is why I'm not invested in AU basketball. There's always an excuse and never a reason to get your hopes up only to have them dashed. Richmond Spiders say welcome to deja vu. When you're for real, you piss on Richmond Spider gear and laugh about it.

How is getting to Sweet 16 and elite 8's huge let downs? What?! lol. Considering how just absolutely awful the program has been most years besides a couple of pockets of runs why is that what you would classify as huge let downs and why you are not invested and interested? How can you not be invested in AU basketball after 3 straight really good seasons? We have won all in the past 3 years a SEC regular season title, A tourney title and a Regional final going to the Final 4. What are you waiting on to get yourself invested?! A NATIONAL TITLE?! hahaha I mean come on Oracle! This senior class has won 98 games! NINETY EIGHT GAMES!!!! We are not just some flash in the pan. We are about to go to 3 straight NCAA Tourney's AND with 1 more win (knock on wood) we will have 3 straight seasons of 25 wins or more. This senior class went 56-9 at Auburn Arena.

To answer your question THIS is the class that is one of the main reasons this squad is not very talented. https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits/ Recruiting is a every day thing and because of Chuck Person we could not have ANY contact with recruits for 7 months. That is why the 2018 class was empty besides 1 JUCO transfer who we were his only power 5 offer and why the 2019 class was not as good as it could of been because we could not recruit for 7 months so we got behind with guys we previously led on. The person stuff cost us Ashton Hagans and EJ Montgomery. 2 blue chip 5 star recruits. Also basketball recruiting has a lot of politics involved. Being a Under Armour school in a sport dominated by Nike def puts us at a disadvantage. We have to work harder than anyone else to get top 50 and top 100 guys because they are being pushed to Nike schools. The state of alabama top AAU bball programs are all sponsored by Nike. It is why we only have 2 scholarship players from the state. And 1 of them is a legacy and the other is a transfer from memphis. 

Back to this years team. Davion Mitchell who is the starting point guard at Baylor now transfered because he did not want to keep waiting until he was a senior to start and sit behind Harper. Harper was always supposed to be a 4 year player. Okoro was supposed to be more than 1 and done. Chuma being 2 and done was a mild suprise. When we were recruiting him there was hardly anyone who thought he could be a first round pick and def not after only 2 seasons. When you are not a blue blood you are going to have some years because of unexpected departures where the roster makeup is not that great and you are left with a rag tag bunch of players that we have that are mainly all role players besides Okoro and Wiley. We do not have the luxury of being guaranteed like a Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina of not ever having to worry about replacing unexpected departures because they have a bunch of new 5 stars coming in.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I came in towards the end of the first half and during my time there I didn’t see us get the ball to Wiley once on a post up. If he’s basically nullified as he has been and the Okoro drive is as off as it’s been

im not sure what this team has to lean on on the road going forward 

HIT FREAKING SHOTS!!!! the zone and packing the paint and sagging off our shooters clogging the lane is nullifying Wiley and Okoro. Our other guys have to hit their freaking open shots to get them out of that junk defense so we get get Okoro and Wiley in positions to succeed which is driving a more clean lane for Okoro and getting a clean touch close to the basket for Wiley with only 1 guy on him as opposed to 2 or 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...