Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I just do not understand why Bruce has not told his team to stop shooting three's, or to say only certain players can shoot threes.  These dumb 3-point shots are the reason we lost the ones we did.

Realistically it'll kill your spacing even worse than we currently have

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cole256 said:

There's nothing new to invent, the best way to beat a zone is going high low and killing it, minus shooting them out of one......

We had good luck penetrating from the baseline. We didn’t seem to want to do it much. 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:56 AM, fishepa said:

There are multiple way to get teams out of a zone.  The most obvious is making 3's, but when you're not doing that it's good passing.  Putting someone on the free throw line and getting them the ball, then cutting to the basket for back door plays etc.  Like I said  there is a # of ways to do it, and we did it a couple of games ago against another team that tried the zone.  Not sure why we didn't go back to it.  If I were Bruce I would practice against some zone because that seems to be the blue print to beat us,  just make us shoot 3's.  

Thank you for explaining that you can beat a zone without always hitting a bunch of 3's. In a few games we have guys getting the ball near the foul line which opens so much up as opposed to have 4 players outside and one down low which is what we did all night against A&M.  A man catching the ball near the foul line forces a defender to come to him creating a lane for a cutter or an easier pass to the man down low. If man come at you from right side you drive left and if open go to basket it cut off you can pull up and shoot a short jump shot or pass out to open catch and shoot 3 where shooting in rhythm as opposed to dribbling and trying to get off a contested 3. 

During the A&M game we kept passing the ball back and forth between players way outside of the 3 point line until clock almost ran out then we jacked up a contested 3 or Wiley came out and did a pick and roll and both players stayed with the man with the ball and we did not pass to Wiley on the roll for an easy basket or at worst a foul when somebody crashed down to late and would have to foul Wiley.   If both players don't stay with the ball and one goes with Wiley on the roll you now have a driving lane.  Another thing by staying way outside and passing back and forth we often were making longer passes and they were getting in the lane and getting easy baskets. Our weak ball movement created a lot of the A&M offense.

Samir and J'Von both play hard all game and there have been games that one or both of them won the game for us but neither has great PG Basketball IQ. I love both of them and I am glad we have them but at times they just need to make better decisions. 

One other thing Purifoy is big and strong there is no reason we can't periodically post Wiley on one side of the paint and Purifoy on the other it forces  two people in the Zone to play down near the lane and creates driving lanes for pull up jumpers or dumping to Wiley or Purifoy if their man tries to help.  Purifoy seems to think he can only play outside but when he goes inside he has been effective. 

On 3/5/2020 at 8:59 AM, GwillMac6 said:

It is why I can easily see us going ice cold in round 1 in the NCAA's and it is deuces for us!!! The thing that TAMU does so well like Kermit teams is they switch defenses so frequently and it was really really giving us trouble.  We are slow to figure out the other team schematically sometimes. Same with the token pressure. Jvon does not do well with pressure as we all know and by the time we got in to our sets in the half court the clock was already down to like 22 on the clock. Buzz is a awesome coach. He has punched way above his weight class this season with this team. 

Just my opinion, but this is why I think Auburn is a one and done team this year.  Samir and Jvon cannot recognize defenses.  When you have guards that can't, it's just as bad as a QB who can't, maybe worse...

Just now, doverstutts said:

I want missouri to beat a&m on Thursday because I just don't like our matchup with Nebo, especially AMac. Nebo took his manhood on Wednesday

*Knock on wood* but I think we beat either team because our guys will be out for blood!!! We will be extremely motivated.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

*Knock on wood* but I think we beat either team because our guys will be out for blood!!! We will be extremely motivated.

Do not place that voodoo on us bro! Lol

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Do not place that voodoo on us bro! Lol

You got to knock on wood first!!! O and not make a separate thread calling yuhhhhh shot!!!! Lol

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

DE9F3CFD-B26E-4F52-AB8C-E2FEE0B9F0DF.gif

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

DE9F3CFD-B26E-4F52-AB8C-E2FEE0B9F0DF.gif

Sir!!! Sir!!! I said cheerio good sir!!! I need you to go find a tree to knock on!!! Lol. We got to take extra precaution here!!! LMAO.

giphy-38.gif

giphy-39.gif

giphy-41.gif

giphy-33.gif

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You got to knock on wood first!!! O and not make a separate thread calling yuhhhhh shot!!!! Lol

well-this-is-awkward-meme.png

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

well-this-is-awkward-meme.png

Bahahaha you are the best possible sport grumps!!!!! Love you brother!!! You are officially fammy then. Now. Forever. Wooooo!!!!!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bahahaha you are the best possible sport grumps!!!!! Love you brother!!! You are officially fammy then. Now. Forever. Wooooo!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means so much!!!!! I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2gr7q3.jpg

Archived