2020 Grad Transfer OL Brandon Council Commits to AU!

Paladin

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

schitts creek no GIF by CBC

Did you know Twyla is Eugene Levy's daughter and, of course, Daniel Levy's sister? I know this isn't Twyla but Mrs. Loof and I are all the way up Schitts Creek. Just keeps getting better. And I'm in love with half the women on the show.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did you know Twyla is Eugene Levy's daughter and, of course, Daniel Levy's sister? I know this isn't Twyla but Mrs. Loof and I are all the way up Schitts Creek. Just keeps getting better. And I'm in love with half the women on the show.

Only half??????

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Only half??????

I'm usually in love with O'Hara but she plays that role so well. They all do. Buncha beautiful Canadians.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 6:58 AM, ellitor said:

Bro-Hamm was coming on strong and expected to be the starting right tackle before the death of his son. I’m hoping he can rebound mentally to continue to come on as strong as he was. I know that’s beyond difficult though.

I’m rooting for all our Tigers, but MAN, BroHamm has been through SO MUCH!!!!!   And his nickname is AUsome!!!!!  He’s my favorite OL and definitely one of my favorite players on this team!!!!  If he makes All-SEC or something like that, that would be a miraculous story!!!!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 8:29 AM, McLoofus said:

I'm usually in love with O'Hara but she plays that role so well. They all do. Buncha beautiful Canadians.

Just how many women are you in love with @McLoofus? I have seen you speak glowingly of many women in various threads. Does Mrs. Loofy know bout all these women? lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just how many woman are you in love wirh @McLoofus? I have seen you speak glowingly of many women in various threads. Do Mrs. Loofy know bout all these women? lol

1. Not as many as @augolf1716, but only because he had a big head start.

2. Indeed she does. Hell, she was my #1 wingman before we started dating. And I hear about the dudes that she's "in love with", too. We laugh about it.  Benefit of getting married in our mid (her)/ late (me) 30s. The wild oats have long since been sowed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, McLoofus said:

😁

Since spring football has come to a total stop, can players still give their commitments? I've just been wondering if Brandon Council as giving his commitment.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Since spring football has come to a total stop, can players still give their commitments? I've just been wondering if Brandon Council as giving his commitment.

Yes players can commit but a guy like him is going to need to visit the campus first which he has not done

• Like 1

once this virus issue has finally thank the Good Lord passed, we should hopefully see an influx of visitors on campus. Got to be positive here and there folks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grad transfer OT Brandon Council commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 
Share15 Comments

Auburn's offensive line is getting some help. 

After losing four starters following the 2019 season, the Tigers added a big piece to the puzzle on Thursday with the addition of Akron grad transfer Brandon Council. A redshirt senior with one season left to play, Council started 24 consecutive games for the Zips and has seen time at both tackle and guard on the offensive line.

"Of all the schools, I felt like that was the best fit," Council told Auburn Undercover. "They needed experience and I give them that. IO'm a guy that can come solidify the offensive line and we can compete for a national championship."

He chose Auburn over. Missouri was his other finalist. Southern California.

"I know what the culture is about and what I’m looking for," Council said.

He is listed at 6-feet-4, 325 pounds. We can confirm the Tigers have recruited him primarily to play tackle. However, given his mobility, he very well could see action at other spots should he not win a starting spot on the outside.

According to Council, he has bonded well with Auburn offensive line coach Jack Bicknell.

"Great man; love the man," Council said. "Who wouldn't want to play for a guy that has that many years experience coaching in the NFL?"

Council said he plans to enroll at Auburn this summer.

Versatility is the name of the game for this North Carolina native as he started games at left guard, center, left tackle and right tackle a season ago with seven of the starts coming at left guard.

Redshirt junior center Nick Brahms is the only returning offensive lineman at Auburn with significant starting experience, so bringing in a veteran presence was important for the Tigers. Now they have that in Council.

Entering spring practice, which has since been canceled, Austin Troxell and Brodarious Hamm were the projected starters at left and right tackle. Troxell missed last season with a knee injury. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-Akron-transfer-Brandon-Council-commits-to-Auburn-145888355/

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 Grad Transfer OL Brandon Council Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

AUsome!  I know nothing about this guys ability but Auburn needs all they can get at this point.

• Like 1

Jack Driscoll and Casey Dunn were two of our best OLs the last few years. I mean, yeah, let that sink in. But also we've helped ourselves by finding serviceable small school transfers on the OL. 

• Like 1

This is great news!  Brandon is a likely starter.   I'd love to get one more graduate transfer on the OL. This helps a lot, but we could still use more experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

This is great news!  Brandon is a likely starter.   I'd love to get one more graduate transfer on the OL. This helps a lot, but we could still use more experience.

If we still have a spot left in the class it’s likely going to a punter.