Baseball vs Chicago State - Game 1

I gotta say, I don’t get why the crowds at baseball have been sparse. Team’s coming off an Omaha appearance and has a bunch of talent back. Not sure what gives with the interest... 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I gotta say, I don’t get why the crowds at baseball have been sparse. Team’s coming off an Omaha appearance and has a bunch of talent back. Not sure what gives with the interest... 

It's really cold so families with kids don't want to be out at the ballpark....and it's Chicago State. There will be bigger crowds probably tomorrow and Sunday. Also, when SEC play starts people will show up.

That ChiState pitcher has been surprisingly effective. He looks more like a computer nerd than an athlete. I like that kid. He is fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually feel a little bad for the State pitcher who up till then had pitched a great game

Me too. He is a gamer. 

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually feel a little bad for the State pitcher who up till then had pitched a great game

Here's another thing.....Butch has chosen some really competitive teams for early season match-ups and pitching has been really good. Our hitters have learned a lot. 

Ha, that Wright State bunch (who I think is very competitive) ended Tennesseee's 13 game winning streak tonight.  Scored a run in the top of the ninth to win it after UT had come back from down 2 to tie it in the eighth. 

And Vandy loses again, this time to UCLA out there.  Bruins scored 3 runs on 2 hits to beat Kumar.  Corbin sure doesn't take the easy route pre-conference.

Arkansas has now lost 5 stright after getting their asses kicked 13-6 by South Alabama in FayetteNam.  Hogs Friday night starter (Wicklander) walked 5 and gave up 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings.

14 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

Ha, that Wright State bunch (who I think is very competitive) ended Tennesseee's 13 game winning streak tonight.  Scored a run in the top of the ninth to win it after UT had come back from down 2 to tie it in the eighth. 

And Vandy loses again, this time to UCLA out there.  Bruins scored 3 runs on 2 hits to beat Kumar.  Corbin sure doesn't take the easy route pre-conference.

Arkansas has now lost 5 stright after getting their asses kicked 13-6 by South Alabama in FayetteNam.  Hogs Friday night starter (Wicklander) walked 5 and gave up 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings.

I saw the Wright State / TN score. Good for them!

BTW......UCF has only lost one game since they swept us.....and they've only lost 2 games total. The Knights are a team to keep an eye on.

Archived