Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Could WarTiger and Maverick kinda work things out? If I were doing play by play, I wouldn't mind someone giving me a break once in a while between media timeouts. Play by play can be exhausting and cumbersome with an active board. I'm just happy to see passion for AU basketball.

I enjoy it, but that’s also why I got @tgrogan21 for, he’s stepped in when I haven’t been able to 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, I’ll apologize to the fam. Absolutely no reason to soil this great game over petty crap. Great game my friends, what a year! On to the Sec Tourney. WDE

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I enjoy it, but that’s also why I got @tgrogan21 for, he’s stepped in when I haven’t been able to 

Cool. I know it's tough to stay engaged every second, of every game. You're not doing it for the money. 🙂

15 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Doughty had 25 points last game. Definitely wasn't his fault we lost the game.

No it wasn’t, but I just wish he made a few more threes to open A&M’s zone 

we need more guys hitting shots aside from him outside though. Idk the stats but Turbo probably made about as many as Jvon in 1/8th of the minutes 

Fantastic win! Someone said we'd likely lose by 20 and we win by 20. Reverse Jinx fixed it.  Haha.  

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

Cool. I know it's tough to stay engaged every second, of every game. You're not doing it for the money. 🙂

I went to AU for broadcasting so it’s in my nature. It’s just something I enjoy lol

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

We needed some of this Wednesday. Great game though Florida beating UK too. 

Help me out here. Do we want this? Does it knock us out of the 2 spot if they're tied w us? 

Edit: 2 spot, not 2 spit. Haha.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hopefully Turbo can garner a minute or two going forward

Yep, not having a solid 3rd guard really hurts us.

Some quick observations....Doughty's career game today bailed us out of a jam with foul trouble...outside of that...

1) Flanigan showed some signs of being a finisher

2) Wiley and McLemore MUST to be smarter on D, both need to move their feet better

3) Okoro is still not quite back yet as he looks a little out of sorts

4) Keeping Doughty and McCormick reasonably fresh is a must, which is where Okoro can help.

5) We are a VERY good team when our bench can hold the fort (scoring, hustling, defending, rebounding).

6 minutes ago, looney said:

Help me out here. Do we want this? Does it knock us out of the 2 spot if they're tied w us? 

Edit: 2 spot, not 2 spit. Haha.

We want UK to win. A Florida W does drop us to the 3 seed. 
As the 3 seed, which is probable, we play the last game on Friday. 8:30ish. 

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I went to AU for broadcasting so it’s in my nature. It’s just something I enjoy lol

Great minds think alike. I did HS radio work back in the 90s.

39 minutes ago, cheap seats said:

We want UK to win. A Florida W does drop us to the 3 seed. 
As the 3 seed, which is probable, we play the last game on Friday. 8:30ish. 

So Uk wins. Makes us second seed....correct?

Hey, hey... 2nd in the SEC ain't too shabby, folks. Hopefully we see a little uptick in shooting percentage starting today and go on a nice little postseason run!

Miss St gets the 4 seed with a home win over Ole Miss today. Florida had the 2 seed in their grip, and could drop to a 5 seed.

So LSU will be the third seed if they beat Georgia which is looking like they most likely will? 

Not gonna lie I was looking forward to being the third seed because of a potential matchup next Saturday with the Gators if we take care of business Friday. I want revenge on Florida baaaaaaaad.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hopefully turbo has figured out how to at least be a net neutral in his time away 

Turbo was hurt all off-season that will be the biggest and most important part of him and stretch development along with Cambridge is hopefully a full off season with no injuries to get a lot better. Stretch arrived late because of Visa issues and Cambridge got hurt in the off season as well. I think they could potentially take a big leap next season. But hopefully we don't need turbo next season too much because please please preeeeettttty please *knock on wood* Jalen Green signs with is and is our starting 2 guard next season.

Bruuuuuuuuuceeeeeeee!!!! And one game to boot better in the SEC than even last years team!!! Un freaking real!!! Three straight 25 win seasons!!! LFG!!!! Woooooo!!!!!

That’s how you cap off a season right there! Great game by all the tigers. Big shout out to Samir and Flanigan. Both played outstanding and the whole team chipped in on defense. Best game we’ve had since Okoro got hurt and maybe best we played in sec all season 

Archived