Brandon Fisher Hired as Defensive Analyst

toddc

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is my point. There is more former AU players in the NFL than just Cam.

Aaaaannnnnd...There are more interesting things to do on a Sunday afternoon than sit and stare at the boob-tube that's showing a game in which you don't care who wins.

13 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Funny thing about Fisher and his supposed "underachievement" is that if the NFL goes to the new expanded playoff format that's being bandied about and had that format been in place during Fisher's time as HC in the NFL, his teams would have missed making the playoffs something like never or close to never. As far as Vince Young, he made the decision he thought he had to make, and the fact that Young's career as an NFL QB was essentially over after that and no other teams were able to pick him up and make him the star QB everyone thought he would be tends to say Fisher was right.

Which is why they shouldn’t expand. More .500 teams making the playoffs only waters it down. 

On 3/7/2020 at 11:53 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Remember when that rumor REALLY got heated up I think in maybe 2015 it was that the plan in the works was for AU to hire Jeff Fisher as Head Coach and Les Snead as AD?!?! lol. What a disaster that would of been!!! The Fisher part. Not Snead. AHHH GOOD TIMES!!! MEMORIES!!!

I believe that was 2012 or 2013.  The rumor was he wanted to coach his son at Auburn and was considering it.  I remember that when I was a student.  A lot of the student base was for it at the time due to him being an NFL coach and being able to get 5* recruits because of it.

Archived