Null

Sign in to follow this  
toddc

SEC Men's Tourney Thread (Updated: Tourney Cancelled)

3 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

This is so stupid.  

Why? The health of people is less important than the outcome of a sporting event?

• Like 4

Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Heck even if you do, treat your symptoms. Practice good hygeine, it ain't that hard. Not that hard to prevent the spread of this not-real-deadly virus. 

Over reaction to a media hype job. Congrats, you've ruined millions of people's livelihoods. See ya later, gonna go cry about the most exciting sports event of the season likely headed down the tube.  

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Heck even if you do, treat your symptoms. Not that hard to prevent the spread of this non-real-deadly virus. 

Over reaction to a media hype job. Congrats, you've ruined millions of people's livelihoods. 

The fact that you have to tell people to wash their hands at all is indicative of why these cancellations need to happen. Because I guarantee people still aren’t doing it. 

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Why? The health of people is less important than the outcome of a sporting event?

Do we cancel christmas because of the flu? This is the biggest overreaction in history, pure paranoia caused by the media.  Greg Sankey should be ashamed

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

15 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

This is so stupid.  

Yeah. Let's put people's lives in danger, no matter how few that may be, just so we can play some basketball. Sounds like a wonderful idea.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Over reaction to a media hype job

Do you really think the media wants this? It hurts a lot of media also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wareaglefan444 said:

Do we cancel christmas because of the flu? This is the biggest overreaction in history, pure paranoia caused by the media.  Greg Sankey should be ashamed

200 people in Italy died in 24 hours. Yeah no big deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

People who think these folks in charge are canceling these tourneys and forfeiting millions of dollars for the cities and their organization because of "the media" are really out of touch. Watching the morning news is not what caused them to make these decisions. Advice from health experts are the reason. This is a gut punch for sure and i am disappointed to the extreme but there is a reason this is being taken so seriously.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No worse than the flu.  We created these "Super Bugs" w/ vaccines anyway.  Might as well just ride it out.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 5

This is 100% the right decision. It sucks but the spread and pandemic of the coronavirus is beyond our control, and these conferences and schools are doing the right thing to make sure that student-athletes and coaches are safe. Even NBA--where everyone is paid to play or coach basketball has shut down. Why should NCAA ignore that?

I'm sad but I can't imagine if I was a Dayton or San Diego State fan. They'll probably never witness a season like this ever again. Ouch.

It's gonna be weird watching them play in front of an empty house- again.  

It's been a few years.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wareaglefan444 said:

This is a dumb take. Even conservative estimates have the mortality rates for this virus at .2%-.3%, making it 20 to 30 times more deadly than the flu. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It still just bothers me that it takes a virus to get the general populace to wash their hands in public. That realization is worse than this virus. Precautions to reduce spread are smart, panic is not.

• Thanks 1

Feel really bad for the players. You bust your ass all year and then something like this happens. 

• Like 1

Feel bad for the players, especially the seniors.   Smart thing to do.  I guess we are all finding out who watches Fox News in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

No worse than the flu.  We created these "Super Bugs" w/ vaccines anyway.  Might as well just ride it out.

This virus is much more contagious than the flu. Documented cases where one person caused infection of more than 50 without even knowing it. And it is 10 to 30 times more deadly than the flu. Plus, there is vaccine to slow the contagion of flu. There is no vaccine for this. And the lack of testing kits means people are not tested and go home with it.

Where the h3ll did you get the idea that vaccines create "Super Bugs"? This virus jumped from animals to humans, as many of these types of viruses do. Vaccines are not antibiotics.

Suggest you quit listening to conspiracy theorists and talking heads, and instead listen to medical experts.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I’m just glad that I have a 6-9 month stockpile of bourbon so that I can ride this out 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the thing to do will be to shut the tourney down.  they gotta follow everybody else.

talk about a void in my life,  I haven't really thought about how much time i spend watching sports until i set here and think about a lack of any sport to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The fact that you have to tell people to wash their hands at all is indicative of why these cancellations need to happen. Because I guarantee people still aren’t doing it. 

Well hell no they aren't doing it.  The stores are void of hand-sanitizer nationwide but the shelves are stocked full of SOAP, CLOROX, LYSOL, AMMONIA!

How many times a day does the average person find themselves in a situation where all they have is hand-santizer to clean their hands but they can't get to a bar of soap and water the actually WASH their hands?  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 5:40 PM, lost said:

My Alumni, the Pearl River JC WILDCATS  finished 28-0 and are ranked #1 at Hutch MACCJC.  We also were #1 in Baseball in 2019.  

Small world, I played baseball at Itawamba CC near Tupelo.  We were in the MACJC too.

• Like 1