Softball vs UF Series

In addition to our 0-6 loss to Florida yesterday, there were 3 other SEC matchups.  Missouri def. Ole Miss, South Carolina beat Georgia, and Arkansas beat Alabama 1-0 in Tuscaloosa.  Another of our opponents, UCF, beat Michigan, and lost to UCLA only 4-2.

Sounds like Dismukes looked really good for her 2nd outing against a Top SEC opponent. Future looks good with her and Yarbrough. 

3 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Sounds like Dismukes looked really good for her 2nd outing against a Top SEC opponent. Future looks good with her and Yarbrough. 

Came in for Swindle in 5th.  Looked better.  Faced total 5 batters.  One K, one infield fly out and three well hit balls caught in the outfield.  AU has such a small margin for success that any errors/mistakes really hurt us.  Would not have made a difference but I believe we had a dropped ball at 1st base and on a steal at second base (may have been a bobble).  Also one deep hit to Outfield appeared to me that it could have been caught but not sure.  We were credited with only 1 error I believe. Not getting many hits but I believe we are making contact more this year than last.  Seems there were more strike outs last year.

Yarbrough went 10 innings tonight in our 2-1 loss.  Gave up about 10 hits, but it was 1-1 when she left.  Threw about 170 pitches.  Dean put Dismukes in to start the 11th.  She made a wild throw to first that allowed the first batter to reach second.  Second batter singled up the middle, runner holding at second.  Third batter bunted, Koepke dropped the throw at first.  Adams laced a hit into left center to win it for the Gators.  Maresette had the RBI for Auburn in the 4th.

12 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Yarbrough went 10 innings tonight in our 2-1 loss.  Gave up about 10 hits, but it was 1-1 when she left.  Threw about 170 pitches.  Dean put Dismukes in to start the 11th.  She made a wild throw to first that allowed the first batter to reach second.  Second batter singled up the middle, runner holding at second.  Third batter bunted, Koepke dropped the throw at first.  Adams laced a hit into left center to win it for the Gators.  Maresette had the RBI for Auburn in the 4th.

That seems like a lot to put on a freshman.  Only 2nd time on the mound, #7 team, on the road, extra innings. 

I would of thought Dean would have gone to one of the experienced pitchers. 

Hitting is still weak. 1 run in 2 days. 

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That seems like a lot to put on a freshman.  Only 2nd time on the mound, #7 team, on the road, extra innings. 

I would of thought Dean would have gone to one of the experienced pitchers. 

Hitting is still weak. 1 run in 2 days. 

I wondered the same thing. Lexie Handley was also warming in the bullpen. Ashlee Swindle hasn't started since game 1 against Georgia Southern last Friday.... it makes you wonder what all is going on behind the scenes. Like is Swindle feeling healthy, etc. 

I thought it was a mistake by bringing in KK. If he was going to replace her, bring in Lexie. I can honestly admit, I didn't expect too much out of Yarbrough prior to the season but she's definitely proved me wrong so far. 

8 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Looked like we gave Florida all they wanted and more.. #7 and we went 11 innings.......

Yarbrough is a piece that we can build this team Around for this season & coming seasons where we have better pitching & better hitting coming in on paper.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yarbrough is a piece that we can build this team Around for this season & coming seasons where we have better pitching & better hitting coming in on paper.

Seems like she has a lot of upside to her pitching. Only can get better. She gave up 10 hits, and I don't think she retired the side 1-2-3 in any inning, so she must have been great in getting out of trouble every inning, giving up only 1 run.

I hope KK can get better and more confident, I think we can keep the scoring low and give us a chance, if she can come through as she gets experience. 

On SEC Network.  

After losing Games 1&2 6-0 & 2-1, Game 3 isn’t starting out too good.  Lexie gives up four straight hits, a walk and another single.  Down 3-0, nobody out, B1. 

15 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Lexie out.  Swindle in.  Two more hits and a walk. 7-0 0, 1 out.

Lexie seems to be really struggling in her starts. I really thought she would be the one veteran who could keep runs off the board. 

Never got a batter out in the first inning...and 5 runs before being lifted? ouch...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Lexie seems to be really struggling in her starts. I really thought she would be the one veteran who could keep runs off the board. 

Never got a batter out in the first inning...and 5 runs before being lifted? ouch...

She seems to have days when her control is pretty good.  If she's off, though, better yank her about the third batter.  Not sure it would have made any difference today, though.  Right now, looks like Yarbrough is our best pitcher. 

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Seems like she has a lot of upside to her pitching. Only can get better. She gave up 10 hits, and I don't think she retired the side 1-2-3 in any inning, so she must have been great in getting out of trouble every inning, giving up only 1 run.

I hope KK can get better and more confident, I think we can keep the scoring low and give us a chance, if she can come through as she gets experience. 

I believe she did and it appears that she should be Friday/Sunday pitcher for SEC play until we can get all of them hitting on all cylinders 

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Looks like the collapse is about complete: from national contender to bottom tier SEC in just a few years.

If the program is in the same shape 2 years from now, I will agree with you.

• ellitor changed the title to Softball vs UF Series
3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Looks like the collapse is about complete: from national contender to bottom tier SEC in just a few years.

Don't count on a collapse just yet. We have the #4 class signed coming in next year & have committed the #1 class for the following year. We were always going to take some bad lumps this season.

32 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

If the program is in the same shape 2 years from now, I will agree with you.

Yup. Gotta see what that highly rated talent coming in can do 1st.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, steeleagle said:

Overall, Lexie is improving IMO.  Her losses have come against some top teams in the country and the offense has mustered only 6 total runs in those games.  Hard to win only scoring an average of 1 run per game.  Florida game 3 was not her best but give kudos to the Gators for attacking her pitches.  

Archived