2020 All-SEC Team

BigSammyK

36 minutes ago, lost said:

both real and believed.  ?    What did Bruce Pearl ever do to a fellow coach?  Bruce Pearls problem as I see it and I am trying my best not  to show Auburn bias, was  his disdain to the NCAA. The fact they chose to crucify the small fish and continue to turn their hypocritical heads at the blue bloods caused him to spit in their face.  So he told his players to lie about a bbq.  That had nothing to do with any other coach.  It gave him no advantage.  There is no reason for a SEC coach to dislike him.  Name a coach who does not have ways that rub folks wrong?  Frank Martin is a great example, Rick Barnes, and the devil himself Cal...  No, I don't understand

When Pearl was an assistant about 30 years ago he turned in a school for recruiting violations. There may have been more to it but it was why he spent so long as a Div II coach and then at the little school prior to his tenn gig. That is the "real and believed" ellitor is referring to i imagine

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruce should of won it 2 years ago hands DOWN. I thought Buzz Williams absolutely should of won Coach of the Year this season. That team is not talented at all and he got them to above .500 in SEC conference play. That is just absurd. 

BIG BIIIIIIIIIIG UPS TO SAMIR AND OKORO!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Samir is our first player to get All SEC first team honors since 99 I believe. Congrats!!!

The stat of it taking 20 years for us to have a first team SEC player is pretty amazing. We were in the wilderness so long....

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, lost said:

What did Bruce Pearl ever do to a fellow coach?

The Illinois sitch when he was an assistant. A good number of people will always hold a grudge to him for that, particularly fellow coaches. That's the big thing. Then there was the Chuck Person cloud that came to light early in the season the year we won the SEC regular season title. Voters could conceivably use that as Bruce not running a clean program & piggy back that off him ratting out Illinois when he was an assistant, & thus not vote for him.

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

When Pearl was an assistant about 30 years ago he turned in a school for recruiting violations. There may have been more to it but it was why he spent so long as a Div II coach and then at the little school prior to his tenn gig. That is the "real and believed" ellitor is referring to i imagine

That's the real. The believed is at the time voters could have speculated that because of what Chuck did, that Bruce could have been plausibly involved.

So Cal is pure and clean as a whistle at Kentucky , because they are Kentucky. We have to cheat to get players (pay) but their kids PAY THEM to play.. Right.  That is why the Kansas's and the Duke's and Kentucky's get away with  murder.  If we had to pay, that meant we had to uppppppp, to try to reach what they are getting going to these schools.  The blue bloods are not the only schools where kids are being drafted and being seen every week now.  Again, the hypocrisy accepted in defense against Pearl is just maddening.

54 minutes ago, lost said:

So Cal is pure and clean as a whistle at Kentucky

Nobody has said nor implied that. Just, like most programs, they just haven't been caught. Also to my knowledge Cal has never outed another coach or school. That's a huge no-no in the coaching community.

It's silly to try to compare Pearl and Calipari here. It's as simple as UK won the regular season championship (by a few games) and so he wins coach of the year. 

I promise you CBP isn't too bothered that he didn't win. If anything he's probably pretty ticked that Wiley didn't even make the second team. I, for one, feel like Austin got snubbed.

6 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

It's silly to try to compare Pearl and Calipari here. It's as simple as UK won the regular season championship (by a few games) and so he wins coach of the year. 

I promise you CBP isn't too bothered that he didn't win. If anything he's probably pretty ticked that Wiley didn't even make the second team. I, for one, feel like Austin got snubbed.

It seems like they combined the forward/center positions here. I know he isnt better than Blackshear. Is he better than Fulkerson? IDK. (And I havent watched Kotsar any substantial period of time). I feel like if you just relied off stats, Fulkerson looked a tier better in the last month+ of ball, which might've factored in! 

15 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

I Don't think Wiley got snubbed. I think he just wasn't much of an offensive threat. He couldn't even get 10 points a game. His stats were rebounds and a little shot blocking. If he had been better scoring, then I am sure he would have made 2nd team. 

Unless he had been an eraser in the middle, those other guys were better offensively...

On 3/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, ellitor said:

Nobody has said nor implied that. Just, like most programs, they just haven't been caught. Also to my knowledge Cal has never outed another coach or school. That's a huge no-no in the coaching community.

You are really gonna defend Cal as compared to Pearl just because he hasn’t ratted out another coach?!?  That is crazy!  Coach Cal is and has always been considered one of the most cheatingest (I made up a word there to describe him) coaches of ALL TIME. He and Pitino are besties!  Pitino cheated so regularity it bled over into his marriage by gosh!  Those two normalized it in modern college basketball. Cal shouldn’t even be coaching today. It is all about the Benjamin's though. This is from an article 10 years old...

Coach Calipari’s list of indiscretions is long and illustrious. In fact, his rap sheet is so damning that it’s amazing the NCAA still allows him to coach. The Final Four berths he earned while coaching UMass were vacated when it was learned Marcus Camby had illegally received payments.

Calipari took a job with the New Jersey Nets before returning to the college ranks to coach Memphis. There, Calipari would have an entire season voided after violations surfaced that Derrick Rose had cheated on his SAT’s and that Rose’s brother had travel expenses paid for by the school.

How is that type of condemning behavior punished? With an eight-year, $31.65 million contract at Kentucky.

Already Calipari has created controversy for the Wildcats, with the NCAA investigating Eric Bledsoe about academic fraud. He’s an embarrassment to the values that the NCAA is supposed to stand for, and should have been placed on probation years ago.

42 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

You are really gonna defend Cal as compared to Pearl just because he hasn’t ratted out another coach?!?

@jw 4 au I am in no way defending Cal. Just giving you the perception a number of coaches have of Bruce for ratting another team out. It's their view, not mine.

45 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Coach Cal is and has always been considered one of the most cheatingest (I made up a word there to describe him) coaches of ALL TIME

Never said he wasn't. Just to our knowledge he hasn't been caught doing something many other coaches view as unforgivable. It's kind of an unwritten rule. "We're all going to cheat so let's not rat each other out."

48 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Camby had illegally received payments.

Not considered a big deal by other coaches since many do it & believe rules on that stuff are outdated & archiac, even for as long as that article was written.

50 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Rose had cheated on his SAT’s

Big deal

51 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

and that Rose’s brother had travel expenses paid for by the school.

Not a big deal to other coaches.

Remember the origin of this discussion is coaches not giving Pearl & players proper credit for post season awards. It's their perception we are talking about not the NCAAs's.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

@jw 4 au I am in no way defending Cal. Just giving you the perception a number of coaches have of Bruce for ratting another team out. It's their view, not mine.

Never said he wasn't. Just to our knowledge he hasn't been caught doing something many other coaches view as unforgivable. It's kind of an unwritten rule. "We're all going to cheat so let's not rat each other out."

Not considered a big deal by other coaches since many do it & believe rules on that stuff are outdated & archiac, even for as long as that article was written.

Big deal

Not a big deal to other coaches.

Remember the origin of this discussion is coaches not giving Pearl & players proper credit for post season awards. It's their perception we are talking about not the NCAAs's.

No, I totally understand your point, even that it is not your personal viewpoint.  I just thought you were giving more credit to other cheaters perception of our cheater (in laymen’s terms).  Maybe we should quit letting coaches vote then because “ratting” our another coach is how all this crap needs to do to come to an end. The biggest rat of them all is now coaching UF football. He wasn’t harmed much, so not so sure your point is as valid as you think within circles of already low moral individuals. Probably more jealously than anything else in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, jw 4 au said:

The biggest rat of them all is now coaching UF football. He wasn’t harmed much, so not so sure your point is as valid as you think within circles of already low moral individuals

Has he been in position to win awards from coaches that he deserved that he didn’t get?

Archived