NCAA Tournament Cancelled (Updated & Merged)

Texan4Auburn

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I could see a wonky champion since most effected by no fans is the Kansas, Kentucky and dukes of the world who always have the most fans at neutral site games.

Who classifies as "wonky"? 😛 Does AU?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are losing our minds. But why not just play home and home games based on record. You can be more flexible with tip-off times and might even get better tv coverage. If networks can spread out that much. 

Since no fans, I would like to see games in small gyms, reminiscent of Hoosiers type movies etc. Now is as good a time as any to take a step back and just play the game without the extra hoopla.  Take advantage of the opportunity. JMO. 

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

In other news, my word

Not related to sports at all but coming across the news at the same time was Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson both tested positive. 

On 3/11/2020 at 8:37 PM, Maverick.AU said:

In other news, my word

Don’t know why it didn’t embed, but players from both Jazz and OKC are currently quarantined inside the OKC arena. 

55 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Just got word that Vandy students are being required to be out of their dorm by Sunday. 

They’re not the first, and won’t be the last. A lot of schools are moving to online assignments for the time being. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Since no fans, I would like to see games in small gyms, reminiscent of Hoosiers type movies etc. Now is as good a time as any to take a step back and just play the game without the extra hoopla.  Take advantage of the opportunity. JMO. 

Couple people proposed it (specifically Auburn Arena, from my neck of the e-woods), but Id love to see them use some of the college arenas near Atlanta

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That is fine no problem just leave politics out of it. No harm no foul pardon the pun

It ain't political till ICHY facepalms 20 or 30 people.

man i will be so bummed if they cancel the tourney, but i'm afraid thats where we are heading. In the last 48 hours or so this thing has just took off. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Why to I feel that if that was Alabama they would just claim a NC?

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Why to I feel that if that was Alabama they would just claim a NC?

The only difference is Alabama would claim it even if the tournament went on and they lost...

Just now, Tiger said:

Feel really bad for the kids who's college careers ended like this

It’s extremely sad man, for all the athletes involved in all these college sports. To have a senior year ended like this, damn.

I would prefer a postponment, just because you can always cancel if you need. 

I'm sure the logistics behind that would be a nightmare though. Being able to make it all work a month later with venues, travel, etc. 

Such a bummer. I hope this fizzles out soon, it could get real messy real quick. 

Next week will be interesting. The numbers from the additional distributed testing kits will come in. Numbers will go up and the panic will continue. 

Archived