All SEC Sports Canceled Until March 30

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

AU has extended it until April 10.

That further wipes out South Carolina and the USA team in softball, and Miss. St. in baseball.

58 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

my understanding is the baseball and softball world series' are already cancelled.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/ncaa-cancels-2020-college-baseball-tournament-continuing-surreal-day-in-baseball/

Very strange since the SEC has not made a decision on Spring sports past March 30th yet.

16 hours ago, jared52 said:

AU has extended it until April 10.

I believe that applies to classes but currently athletics cancelled through end of March: at least that is what is showing on the SB schedule.  

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

I believe that applies to classes but currently athletics cancelled through end of March: at least that is what is showing on the SB schedule.  

AU Athletics have been cancelled til April 10th also. The AD informed that to the security personnel yesterday.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU Athletics have been cancelled til April 10th also. The AD informed that to the security personnel yesterday.

Hasn't that directive been overridden now with the SEC edict that all spring sports are cancelled? I know it doesn't include football, so far...

And I don't think they should allow another year of eligibility as mentioned in other threads. Too many what ifs, and issues. It's sad, but that is what life changes create. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Hasn't that directive been overridden now with the SEC edict that all spring sports are cancelled?

@steeleagle Do you have a link to this? I have been keeping up with this closely from an SEC standpoint & haven't seen that. All I have seen was the SEC made a statement that all events through March 30th but no decision has been made beyond that.

Archived