Auburn vanity Plate in Florida

augolf1716

Asking other Mods to please leave this here for a few days so it gets the most exposure and then I will move it. We have been trying for 5 years to get this approved and it finally has happen. We will be the only school to have a vanity tag that's not located in FL to my knowledge

So if you live in FL please go to the web site and sign up.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/FMfcgxwHMPdRXcrVcJKdLcCSJvQSBRQd

War Eagle!

Rep. James Grant — never to yield — with the help of Senator Aaron Bean, was able to get our Auburn License Plate bill through the Florida House and Senate and on its way to the Governor!!!

It's taken five years, lots of calls and emails, and all kinds of Auburn Spirit. So, thank you. And thank you to Rep. James Grant!!!

You can read the bill here or below. 

(81) AUBURN UNIVERSITY LICENSE PLATES.—
865  (a) The department shall develop an Auburn University
866  license plate as provided in this section and s. 320.08053. The
867  plate must bear the colors and design approved by the
868  department. The word "Florida" must appear at the top of th
869  plate, and the words "War Eagle" must appear at the bottom of
870  the plate.
871  (b) The annual use fees from the sale of the plate shall
872  be distributed to the Tampa Bay Auburn Club, which must use the
873  proceeds for the purpose of awarding scholarships to Florida
874  residents attending Auburn University. Students receiving these
875  scholarships must be eligible for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program pursuant 876  to s. 1009.531 and shall use the scholarship funds for tuition and other expenses related to 877 attending Auburn University.

Now, the important part. We need to make sure there is demand. If the Governor signs the bill, which we expect, the law will go into effect on October 1, 2020

If you're already on this list, that means we have your email. But there are thousands of Auburn alumni and fans in Florida that need to know when and where to request the new plates. 

Please share this link with them:
www.iwantmyfloridaauburnplate.com

When we have new information, we'll share it through email. 

Thank you and War Damn Eagle!!!

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger (in Florida!)

-kc

--
kevin@catecomm.com
catecomm.com

They worked a lot of hours on this.  I'm so glad its finally gotten this far.  I'll be in line to get one of these when they finally come out.  I've been following this for quite a while. This is exciting for sure.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, WarTiger said:

They worked a lot of hours on this.  I'm so glad its finally gotten this far.  I'll be in line to get one of these when they finally come out.  I've been following this for quite a while. This is exciting for sure.

Got my email yesterday. My plates expire in September, "just in time inventory"

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for mine.  I hope this really becomes a reality!  I miss having my Auburn plate.  I was shocked when I moved from NC to FL and they didn't have one here.  NC isn't even an SEC state and they had it.  Good news is I don't have to see stupid bammer plates here like I did in NC!

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

That's an awesome vanity plate. Thanks for posting the link.

I agree. The state of Mississippi has one but I don't love it because of the design/font of Auburn at the bottom. If rather see the Copperplate font than what we have. 

Screenshot_20200325-114513~2.png

• 9 months later...

If you live in Florida and you want Auburn Vanity plates then you need to order the voucher from your county tax collector. Because of COVID you might have to mail it to them. Each county has their own rules. Google the phone number of your county tax collector to call them and find out what you need to do to purchase a voucher.

Over 3000 people pledge to buy AU vanity plates in Florida. They changed the rule so that 4000 plate vouchers must be purchased before they will begin issuing plates.

The vouchers went on sale in early Nov 2000.  As of 11 Jan 2021 only 508 vouchers have been purchased.  The vouchers are only $30.

41 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

If you live in Florida and you want Auburn Vanity plates then you need to order the voucher from your county tax collector. Because of COVID you might have to mail it to them. Each county has their own rules. Google the phone number of your county tax collector to call them and find out what you need to do to purchase a voucher.

Over 3000 people pledge to buy AU vanity plates in Florida. They changed the rule so that 4000 plate vouchers must be purchased before they will begin issuing plates.

The vouchers went on sale in early Nov 2000.  As of 11 Jan 2021 only 508 vouchers have been purchased.  The vouchers are only $30.

How do you know how many vouchers have been purchased?  When did they change the rule to 4000 plate vouchers?  

It seems they changed the rules and made it local only (instead of online) to make it difficult for people to sign up for the plate so they most likely won't have to deal with it...ugh!

6 minutes ago, AUZoom said:

How do you know how many vouchers have been purchased?  When did they change the rule to 4000 plate vouchers?  

It seems they changed the rules and made it local only (instead of online) to make it difficult for people to sign up for the plate so they most likely won't have to deal with it...ugh!

The people that organized the effort to get the bill passed sent out information about the number being changed to 4,000 back in Nov.

FLDHSMV released the stats with the updated sales numbers.

I think COVID has had a huge impact on the sales. I had to mail a check to my county tax collector.  Took them about two weeks to send me a receipt. Every county is different though. Maybe some can be done via walk in or online. 

Thanks!  Just realized you are in Melbourne too!  If you've been to any of the Alumni club meetings here then we have likely met! :)

5 minutes ago, AUZoom said:

Thanks!  Just realized you are in Melbourne too!  If you've been to any of the Alumni club meetings here then we have likely met! :)

I have not. I'm pretty lazy about those things. I went to one in Orlando a few years ago when the Brevard club was not functional. I'm signed up through the Alumni Association via the Space Coast Alumni Club now but since I don't do facebook so I tend to forget about them.

Slightly off topic but I live in Salt Lake City now and saw a car last night actually that was a Alabama plate with Miss St. When did Alabama start doing that? 

20 hours ago, sw6146 said:

Slightly off topic but I live in Salt Lake City now and saw a car last night actually that was a Alabama plate with Miss St. When did Alabama start doing that? 

I think the State of Alabama will do vanity plates if there is sufficient demand (extra revenue). In the inverse of the Field of Dreams mantra, "if you come, they will build it."

On 3/25/2020 at 11:50 AM, gr82be said:

I agree. The state of Mississippi has one but I don't love it because of the design/font of Auburn at the bottom. If rather see the Copperplate font than what we have. 

Screenshot_20200325-114513~2.png

I’ve got one of those!!!

Archived