National Prayer Day

gr82be

Mods- I understand if you feel the need to move this and would appreciate it being left here for today if possible. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/lauren-green-the-power-of-a-national-day-of-prayer

Prayer recalibrates our hearts. It is a way of being that puts God in the center square; in the epicenter of our souls and redirects our desires.

There is so much we – and the medical minds looking for a vaccine – still do not understand about this virus.

Pray that God guides them to better knowledge; pray for the people already infected, that they recover quickly; pray for their families; pray for those who need assurances that the world cares; pray for yourself and your co-workers; Pray for the government officials, that they be guided in their work to keep our nation running; pray for the schools, the hospitals, the buses and byways. Pray!

Just pray because it works. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff! Thanks, @gr82be! 

Great link for tough times: https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/desert/

Some great verses for uncertain times...Joshua 1:9; Proverbs 3: 5-6; 2 Chronicles 16:9, Jeremiah 32:27.

And a favorite song with powerful lyrics. ❤🦋🦅

@AUsince72, you better be staying HOME!!! And @doc4aday. And anyone else who is immuno-compromised or just plain old, like me! And you young ones, even though you are not in the highest risk, you can still get it. PLEASE stay at home! This whole thing has been a little scary. I just today started thinking about how it was going to affect football!!! I was all worried about basketball, but now it's football! I guess, since I'm now going to be staying home, I have more time to think about this stuff. :no: Prayers for you all.  

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@AUsince72, you better be staying HOME!!! And @doc4aday. And anyone else who is immuno-compromised or just plain old, like me! And you young ones, even though you are not in the highest risk, you can still get it. PLEASE stay at home! This whole thing has been a little scary. I just today started thinking about how it was going to affect football!!! I was all worried about basketball, but now it's football! I guess, since I'm now going to be staying home, I have more time to think about this stuff. :no: Prayers for you all.  

Thanks 3rdGen, I appreciate you thinking about me.

Oh yeah....the whole family.  The girls happen to be on SB this week but they've already closed school for next week too.  Matter of fact, they're already laying the groundwork for requiring "homeschool" the rest of the year.

Normally, I'd be like most and irritated at the "hysteria" but with my poor immune system (the flu put me in the ER in January afterall) and living in a state that's taylor made for the spread of germs & viruses, I'm actually irritated at those not taking it seriously.  .... just a big soapbox issue for me in my situation.... 

Anyway, we're good so far.  I just pray this isn't the beginning of something larger, and I'll leave it at that.

God bless!!!

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

just a big soapbox issue for me in my situation

FWIW, I currently fall outside any definition of "somebody who should really care", yet it is very much a soapbox issue for me, too. 

Those prayers will be much more effective if everyone applies sanitizer before putting hands together for the Lord. And if you want a prayer circle, use Skype. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

FWIW, I currently fall outside any definition of "somebody who should really care", yet it is very much a soapbox issue for me, too. 

Those prayers will be much more effective if everyone applies sanitizer before putting hands together for the Lord. And if you want a prayer circle, use Skype. 

Prayer and common sense 👍

32 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I absolutely take it seriously, I'm just not clear on the toilet paper panic.

You have two sets of TP hoarders: those who are afraid of being quarantined/forced isolation(which appears to be an actual scenario), and those who are buying extra due to the shortage created by the first set in fear of not being able to get more in the near future. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

You have two sets of TP hoarders: those who are afraid of being quarantined/forced isolation(which appears to be an actual scenario), and those who are buying extra due to the shortage created by the first set in fear of not being able to get more in the near future. 

Don't forget about the very real possibility of disruption to supply lines. 

We are not buying anything more than *2 packages at a time, but we definitely have more non-perishable goods in our house than normal.

*I'm headed to the liquor store soon and I'm damned sure gonna buy more than 2 packages. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget about the very real possibility of disruption to supply lines. 

We are not buying anything more than *2 packages at a time, but we definitely have more non-perishable goods in our house than normal.

*I'm headed to the liquor store soon and I'm damned sure gonna buy more than 2 packages. 

It’s real interesting with a view from inside a federal agency, to say the least.

And grab me some 1920 when you go to the liquor store. 😬

Also, folks, please don’t forget those folks that are in the service industry. In Louisiana they have shut down all indoor dining for the next month. Lots of local restaurants are shifting gears to offer take out menus/curbside/delivery options. I put together a quick list and shared it on my FB page. Needless to say, lots of folks are being impacted in different ways.

Stay safe and be smart. Oh, and I’ll take my official “germ-a-phobe” club card laminated, please.

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And grab me some 1920 when you go to the liquor store.

Unfortunately, they don't sell those in bulk packaging. Four Roses will have to do. But don't worry. As a wise man once said, "I got you."

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Also, folks, please don’t forget those folks that are in the service industry. In Louisiana they have shut down all indoor dining for the next month. Lots of local restaurants are shifting gears to offer take out menus/curbside/delivery options. I put together a quick list and shared it on my FB page. Needless to say, lots of folks are being impacted in different ways.

AMEN. Another thing a lot of folks are doing is buying gift cards to their favorite restaurants to use post-reboot. Anything to keep cash flow going for these folks. 

We've suspended our housekeepers but will continue to pay them 2/3 their normal rate as long as we can. We're about to find out just how many people don't have a safety net.

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Stay safe and be smart. Oh, and I’ll take my official “germ-a-phobe” club card laminated, please.

Brother. I never imagined I'd be behaving the way I am this week. I have completely rewired my brain overnight when it comes to germ awareness. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Brother. I never imagined I'd be behaving the way I am this week. I have completely rewired my brain overnight when it comes to germ awareness. 

This is me!

2 years ago I might be one of the "gimme a break" types.  I certainly was during the previous epidemics.

However, as stated, I am seeing this through a much different lens.  At this point, it's about being courteous to those who ARE susceptible to severe reaction to any virus....much less this one.  

Though one may be 20, 30, 40 yrs old and healthy as a horse, think about your elderly grand parents or a loved one with cancer or other sickness that compromises their immune system, etc.  Our daughter, Emme, almost never gets more than a sniffle....but last sniffle she had sent ME to the emergency room.  

It's simple courtesy at this point.

And thanks @ShocksMyBrain...that's EXACTLY what the TP thing is all about!

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This is me!

2 years ago I might be one of the "gimme a break" types.  I certainly was during the previous epidemics.

However, as stated, I am seeing this through a much different lens.  At this point, it's about being courteous to those who ARE susceptible to severe reaction to any virus....much less this one.  

Though one may be 20, 30, 40 yrs old and healthy as a horse, think about your elderly grand parents or a loved one with cancer or other sickness that compromises their immune system, etc.  Our daughter, Emme, almost never gets more than a sniffle....but last sniffle she had sent ME to the emergency room.  

It's simple courtesy at this point.

And thanks @ShocksMyBrain...that's EXACTLY what the TP thing is all about!

Hopefully, this opens a lot of eyes and ears and makes people more aware to all kinds of stuff that we take for granted. 

I know it has opened my eyes for sure. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Unfortunately, they don't sell those in bulk packaging. Four Roses will have to do. But don't worry. As a wise man once said, "I got you."

AMEN. Another thing a lot of folks are doing is buying gift cards to their favorite restaurants to use post-reboot. Anything to keep cash flow going for these folks. 

We've suspended our housekeepers but will continue to pay them 2/3 their normal rate as long as we can. We're about to find out just how many people don't have a safety net.

Dude. When you go down the germhole....it's impossible to get out of. Like some kind of horrible, mindnumbing quicksand. Like...my garbage can at the street, for instance. Not that garbage cans are the model of sanitation anyway. But when I think about all the cans in my neighborhood. Times all the cans around town. Times all the people hauling those to the street. All to be handled by the same two dudes on the back of the truck

.giphy.gif

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yep and people made fun of me that I only use a dentist that shows me his/her Autoclave.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hopefully, this opens a lot of eyes and ears and makes people more aware to all kinds of stuff that we take for granted. 

Dude. When you go down the germhole....it's impossible to get out of. Like some kind of horrible, mindnumbing quicksand. Like...my garbage can at the street, for instance. Not that garbage cans are the model of sanitation anyway. But when I think about all the cans in my neighborhood. Times all the cans around town. Times all the people hauling those to the street. All to be handled by the same two dudes on the back of the truck

.giphy.gif

I wear ranchers gloves when rolling out trash👍

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

2 guys on a truck....  I live in rural AL and we don't even have trash guys any more.  1 guy with 1 truck with an arm that reaches out and dumps the garbage for him.  All he has to do is sit in the comfort of the truck and drive.  Not sure where you are living but your city should get with the times. 

17 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

2 guys on a truck....  I live in rural AL and we don't even have trash guys any more.  1 guy with 1 truck with an arm that reaches out and dumps the garbage for him.  All he has to do is sit in the comfort of the truck and drive.  Not sure where you are living but your city should get with the times. 

We are one step above dumpster fires.

Seriously.

The parish(ie county) I work in has no trash pickup. All garbage has to be hauled to one of several dumpsters located throughout the area or straight to the landfill.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Seriously.

The parish(ie county) I work in has no trash pickup. All garbage has to be hauled to one of several dumpsters located throughout the area or straight to the landfill.

DANG!

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Seriously.

That's our arrangement on the island. You can pay for private trash pick up but nah. Although now that seems more appealing. For us. But not the trash guys. As you point out. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

When you go down the germhole....it's impossible to get out of. Like some kind of horrible, mindnumbing quicksand.

So funny. I was worrying about that earlier. Now I'm worrying about it again. Like... is there any going back to just being like, nah, I don't have to take a sani-wipe bath every time I get back in my car from the grocery store.

Archived