52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

there's something being said here that isn't actually being said, I believe 

What might that be?

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

What might that be?

My guess is that we don't have a sharpshooter on the team...:gofig:

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

there's something being said here that isn't actually being said, I believe 

We needed to keep Alexander. Pear will still find a way.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We needed to keep Alexander. Pear will still find a ws.

Unfortunately on this level, someone that is purely a “sharp shooter”, is a bit harder to find 

we’ll probably end up getting a guy who had a 34-36% percentage and just hoping that can bump up a bit in an open offense. If we get anyone at all to replace Trey 

On 4/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, steeleagle said:

Your logic doesn't mean it's right. The bottom line is he was conflicted and probably was 50/50 just by his inconsistent versions of which school. 

Your comments seem to try to highlight problems with Pearl's luck w how some of the recruits have changed their minds or left. I don't think anyone on here is putting this on Pearl. We all support him and love how he is getting top level players to sign w/ Auburn. 

Don't take someone's quick frustration in commenting here w some of the player's decisions or reevaluation, as a statement or problem w/ Pearl and the program. Everyone supports the team.

I made a point about where is head was at and what he actually said directly after committing to the G-League. Not months after the fact. Like I said, I think it was all bull with him anyway, he was never going to college. Jalen was pretty much all G-league the moment his pay went 500k+. Period. Nothing Penny or Bruce could have done outside of paying him would have gotten him on campus. What I am highlighting is the fact that people on here have been spouting off unknowns or opinions as fact, and then making negative comments in regards to Bruce's recruiting which has happened.

Also, obviously people are welcome to feel or say whatever they want. Doesn't mean those of us who are basketball fans who have been following, playing, and coaching the sport for 20-30-40-50+ years can't chime in and correct misconceptions or give our own takes as well.

The minute Desi committed and Alexander decommitted you had people saying great, but then saying it sucks because it cost us Alexander, or claiming a high school player who hasn't played 1 second of college ball is better than 2-4 year college basketball experienced players because of a high school ranking. Again, he could be, but where are the facts here? based on what? High School competition in Oklahoma which is a weak state for HS basketball? AAU ball? Some have posted he was better than Zep and Desi as is right now with no proof.

There are generally players you can see that type of skill in. Most of them aren't below the top 50. Occasionally and this is like 2-3 out of a few hundred players. You'll get that under the radar player who was much better than his ranking. All I am saying is instead of jumping to conclusions or start bashing, give Desi, Green, Zep, and whoever comes in a chance. We are in a great spot. Last season was rough. Bruce saw things he wanted corrected. He has brought in the players who he thinks will correct them. 

50 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

I made a point about where is head was at and what he actually said directly after committing to the G-League. Not months after the fact. Like I said, I think it was all bull with him anyway, he was never going to college. Jalen was pretty much all G-league the moment his pay went 500k+. Period. Nothing Penny or Bruce could have done outside of paying him would have gotten him on campus. What I am highlighting is the fact that people on here have been spouting off unknowns or opinions as fact, and then making negative comments in regards to Bruce's recruiting which has happened.

Also, obviously people are welcome to feel or say whatever they want. Doesn't mean those of us who are basketball fans who have been following, playing, and coaching the sport for 20-30-40-50+ years can't chime in and correct misconceptions or give our own takes as well.

The minute Desi committed and Alexander decommitted you had people saying great, but then saying it sucks because it cost us Alexander, or claiming a high school player who hasn't played 1 second of college ball is better than 2-4 year college basketball experienced players because of a high school ranking. Again, he could be, but where are the facts here? based on what? High School competition in Oklahoma which is a weak state for HS basketball? AAU ball? Some have posted he was better than Zep and Desi as is right now with no proof.

There are generally players you can see that type of skill in. Most of them aren't below the top 50. Occasionally and this is like 2-3 out of a few hundred players. You'll get that under the radar player who was much better than his ranking. All I am saying is instead of jumping to conclusions or start bashing, give Desi, Green, Zep, and whoever comes in a chance. We are in a great spot. Last season was rough. Bruce saw things he wanted corrected. He has brought in the players who he thinks will correct them. 

Now i will agree with your last paragraph. 

I'm not going to assume that losing Alexander was at the feet of the staff or that getting experienced players like Sills and Jasper, are a step down from Alexander, when we have no clue, as you pointed out, how good Alexander would have been...

54 minutes ago, Ric1990 said:

Gonzaga Bulldogs are recruiting Chet Holmgren. 

Standing 7-feet tall with phenomenal length, Holmgren is a true game changer on the defensive end with his rim protection. He is the best shot-blocker in the country and definitely the best shot-blocker high school basketball. 
Even though his defence is ahead of his offense, he has elite ball skills on the perimeter as he can handle and shoot the basketball like a combo guard. Holmgren has the potential to be a generational talent with his unreal long-term tools.
(https://sportsquotes.us/basketball)

???

12 hours ago, Ric1990 said:

Gonzaga Bulldogs are recruiting Chet Holmgren. 

Standing 7-feet tall with phenomenal length, Holmgren is a true game changer on the defensive end with his rim protection. He is the best shot-blocker in the country and definitely the best shot-blocker high school basketball. 
Even though his defence is ahead of his offense, he has elite ball skills on the perimeter as he can handle and shoot the basketball like a combo guard. Holmgren has the potential to be a generational talent with his unreal long-term tools.
(https://sportsquotes.us/basketball)

Why do we care? Sincere question.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, toddc said:

Why do we care? Sincere question.

For when we play them in the Championship Final.  I am only half joking because it is a possibility.

• Haha 1

2023 kid but visiting in June 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 2

2021 PG Michael Whitmore has committed to Auburn. It's unclear who recruited him/if he has a committable offer even. I'm sure we will learn a lot more about him in the coming days. For now, have a highlight video of the 5'10 PG. Kid plays with a lot of passion.

Played with Walker Kessler in HS. 

Update: Looking like PWO

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

For when we play them in the Championship Final.  I am only half joking because it is a possibility.

My thought was not for playing them in the championship final, but I DID think about the fact that we'll have a matchup with him if we should run into the Zags in the Tourney.

16 hours ago, Paladin said:

He's a little dude. Tough to handle bigger guards in the SEC. Lot's of heart and want to. As a walk on, I guess he can be good defender mostly...

• Dislike 1

I watched his film (Michael Whitmore).  He is a legitimate PG. Yes he is little but is super quick  makes it hard for other PG's to bring ball up court and has good vison. Will he ever be a starter no but I would not be surprised to see him get some minutes and not just minutes when we are way ahead or way behind but some minutes that count.  Will he get abused by some big guards yes but he will also take the ball away from some out front.  I predict he will be come a fan favorite when he is in.  It has been a long time since I saw a basketball player at Auburn come in as a walk on that I thought had even a remote chance of playing during any important stretches of a game.  This kid may be it. 

Cole do me a favor and watch some of his film. Let me know if I am having delusions of grandeur or if this kid has a chance to get some legit PT.  I am not saying he will ever be a starter but a legitimate sub for a few minutes. despite how small he is.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 5

According to JLee on Rivals, Scoot Henderson is no longer considering returning to high school another year. He will play next season either at Auburn or in the G-League. 

Bruce Pearl and Co. also have a zoom call with Nolan Hickman tonight. 

Both are being added to the OP, as I feel Scoot is now a definite 2021 prospect, and Hickman is a big target.

52 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

either at Auburn or in the G-League.

Man I hope they don’t take another one from us. 

14 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

According to JLee on Rivals, Scoot Henderson is no longer considering returning to high school another year. He will play next season either at Auburn or in the G-League. 

Bruce Pearl and Co. also have a zoom call with Nolan Hickman tonight. 

Both are being added to the OP, as I feel Scoot is now a definite 2021 prospect, and Hickman is a big target.

With Hickman’s father’s quotes about his son likely staying close to home (he’s from Seattle) I’m not getting my hopes up. Let’s hope Scoot saw Jalen Green’s recent comments about how playing in the G league hurt his draft stock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Let’s hope Scoot saw Jalen Green’s recent comments about how playing in the G league hurt his draft stock. 

Oh wow. Didn’t see this. 

I’ve always thought the gleague route is short term thinking for these one and done types.  Whatever they make from a gleague contract I would assume - I got no facts - would be made up and more from the increase in your brand.  
may or may not be a better baller ... but weekly highlights on ESPN for average fans to see during a college season vs the smaller group of hardcore nba fans.

not to mention you have a college, coaches, fan base and it’s connections to fall back on.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Paladin said:

Another University of Auburn commit.

We can't catch a break.