2021 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

tigerbrotha12

• 4 weeks later...

Thus far it seems like we haven’t reached out to the top guard transfers. (They’re pretty vocal about who they’re hearing from.) @ellitorthink this bodes well for a Scoot reclass, or are we just taking our time here?

Edit: yes, I’m being impatient. 

Edited by Dunndone414

21 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Thus far it seems like we haven’t reached out to the top guard transfers. (They’re pretty vocal about who they’re hearing from.) @ellitorthink this bodes well for a Scoot reclass, or are we just taking our time here?

Edit: yes, I’m being impatient. 

@Dunndone414 don’t think it’s a factor at all on Scoot reclassifying or not. And yes I think the staff is taking their time because most of the best transfers will not enter the portal until after the NCAA tournament.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Dunndone414 don’t think it’s a factor at all on Scoot reclassifying or not. And yes I think the staff is taking their time because most of the best transfers will not enter the portal until after the NCAA tournament.

Not sure on the timing , but also these transfers who enter the portal after the NCAAT, might also wait to see what Sharife does, if we are looking for a PG for sure, and also a SG. Especially if the transfer is looking for a starting position...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Not sure on the timing , but also these transfers who enter the portal after the NCAAT, might also wait to see what Sharife does, if we are looking for a PG for sure, and also a SG. Especially if the transfer is looking for a starting position...

Also some will want to test the NBA waters before they eventually decide to transfer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Former Auburn target TyTy Washington decommitted from Creighton. Would like to see us go after him. 

Bet that is fall out from coach making that stupid plantation comment. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Bet that is fall out from coach making that stupid plantation comment. 

Probably. Also not a bad strategy to reopen his recruitment late anyway for a guy with his talent and relatively weak offers, the top programs are all desperate at this point. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Former Auburn target TyTy Washington decommitted from Creighton. Would like to see us go after him. 

I'd rather have Scoot if he's going to reclassify.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I'd rather have Scoot if he's going to reclassify.

Agree. Eric Bossi from 247 recently said Scoot was underrated and could end up as high as top 5 in the class. He’s on a different level. 

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Agree. Eric Bossi from 247 recently said Scoot was underrated and could end up as high as top 5 in the class. He’s on a different level. 

@Dunndone414Yup! Not sure if it was Bossi but I saw some analyst from 247 or Rivals says Scoot would still be the #1 PG in the nation if he reclassified to the 2021 class.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I trust CBP on his evaluation and not fans.

Still we are only at the talking stage at this point.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still we are only at the talking stage at this point.

I know that but if we’re talking we’re interested.

1 hour ago, AUMicBK said:

No idea if we've talked to him or not, but here's a guy in the portal, from Huntsville, with a really solid stat line this year:

https://247sports.com/Player/AuDiese-Toney-46049653/

Watched some of his film yesterday, he’s a Flanigan clone. Very explosive. Clearly a 3 though, so not sure he helps with our most significant needs. 

This guy,Wesley Cardet, is listed as a target. Every players highlights are going to look good, but I wondering about this guy. He looks like he has a lot of potential. Look at those arms

6 hours ago, chizhead said:

This guy,Wesley Cardet, is listed as a target. Every players highlights are going to look good, but I wondering about this guy. He looks like he has a lot of potential. Look at those arms

I’ve wanted to land this kid the whole time - there’s something about him that tells me he’s going to be very good. I just don’t think we have a spot for him. 

If everyone stays, I would personally sign this kid and a backup point by guard and send Javon Franklin packing.

Recruiting guys, is there no way he can get Chet holngren? 

I don't see how we let somebody like kaleb Washington go to drake or Dayton or wherever....we needed to be all on those type of situations

On 3/12/2021 at 10:40 PM, CameronCrazy said:

I’ve wanted to land this kid the whole time - there’s something about him that tells me he’s going to be very good. I just don’t think we have a spot for him. 

If everyone stays, I would personally sign this kid and a backup point by guard and send Javon Franklin packing.

I watched a few videos early this morning while trying to adjust to the time change, and the guy from Northeastern that is in the portal,Tyson Walker, looks like he could play in the SEC for about anybody. To me, he looks like a guard that should be the one to make  say "no" several times before giving up. Again, nobody puts out bad highlights, but he looks better than the C of C guard

• Like 1

Wesley Cardet definitely has a really good ceiling. He's made every effort to be more of a passer and self-creator during his last season (from what I read) and avoid just being type casted as another 3 and D guy. An ahead of schedule Allen Flanigan, that can comfortably play 1-3, would make me feel more comfortable about our defensive issues with guards last season (I think communication was a bigger issue than bad defenders, sans Sharife)

Reportedly we have reached out to Myreon Jones, SG transfer from Penn State. Originally from Birmingham. Would be a tough get, but he would immediately be the starter at SG next season. Elite shooter. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Reportedly we have reached out to Myreon Jones, SG transfer from Penn State. Originally from Birmingham. Would be a tough get, but he would immediately be the starter at SG next season. Elite shooter. 

Just curious, How did a player from Birmingham end up at Penn St instead of one of the SEC schools? 

He does have great stats and would be a starter, but it seems we are getting in on him late...

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Just curious, How did a player from Birmingham end up at Penn St instead of one of the SEC schools? 

He does have great stats and would be a starter, but it seems we are getting in on him late...

From what I’ve gathered he was a bit of a late bloomer. Offers from Memphis and Ole Miss as well, committed late in the cycle. 

But he’s now proven he can play in a very good league. 40% from 3pt on a pretty high volume is incredible. KenPom has Bryce Brown as one of his comps, fwiw. Most of the SEC has reached out, including Alabama and LSU. Given his ties to AL, it doesn’t seem unrealistic that we could land him. He would be a senior this season.

Edited by Dunndone414