College Football 2020 (merged threads again)

KnightTiger

im afraid we wont be having college football this year I hope im wrong when the real hot days of summer start to set in, but Trumps July/August statement doesn't give me hope! its time like this when you realize there are more important things than football

Warrr eagle ya'll stay healthy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, woodford said:

Nonsense. Stop believing all the hysteria.

considering how there are new cases almost every week I don't think it really qualifies as hysteria, but I hope im wrong as I said so I guess we'll see

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

considering how there are new cases almost every week I don't think it really qualifies as hysteria, but I hope im wrong as I said so I guess we'll see

It will be affected. Not sure how. At a minimum, dudes are going to be rolling into July and August with a LOT less fitness and practice under their belts. 

I know this is going to sound political, so I'll try to phrase it as neutral as I can.

Not all of what Donald is saying are things you should be really listening to. I don't think I can expound on that any further without making it seem like I'm attacking him, but just know that isn't my intended purpose here. 

Take snippets of his speeches, reference them with what other people are saying and reach your own conclusion 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I know this is going to sound political, so I'll try to phrase it as neutral as I can.

Not all of what Donald is saying are things you should be really listening to. I don't think I can expound on that any further without making it seem like I'm attacking him, but just know that isn't my intended purpose here. 

Take snippets of his speeches, reference them with what other people are saying and reach your own conclusion 

That procedure should be applied to anyone reading a teleprompter.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree, don't listen to any politician (right or left) regarding your health.  They are not living in the real world and don't really know jack.  However, I do take the Drs & health experts seriously.  ...then make my informed decision from there.

Just now, The Freak said:

That procedure should be applied to anyone reading a teleprompter.

Should? Definitely. 

as with anyone in a position of power though, a ton of people take their words as gold. 

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Should? Definitely. 

as with anyone in a position of power though, a ton of people take their words as gold. 

Agree.  And that is unfortunate that we have so many sheeple in this country.

Edit:  I see even Gus & Orgeron (& I'm sure many more) are putting out PSA's.  Along with not listening to the president, people should also quit getting their info from Hollywood, sports stars, music people.....celebs in general.  These people know absolutely nothing of real world issues. 

Actual experts & doctors give out info & it's "hysteria". 

Lebron James says it and it's "oh, we gotta listen to him"....

I don't believe a word politician has to say even the  POTUS, but the fact is everyone and their Grandmother probably heard that "July/August" statement yesterday and thought to theirself "What? are we gonna have people getting sick all year long from this?" im a trump supporter but I compare him and Gus a lot lately and by that I mean Do either even listen to some of the stuff they say when talking to the media?

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It will be affected. Not sure how. At a minimum, dudes are going to be rolling into July and August with a LOT less fitness and practice under their belts. 

Saban said that would be unfair to his team. 

speculation on another board that the season could possibly be shortened to September/October where only conferences games are played and that states that have had high cases possibly may not field a team  example - Syracuse, Rutgers, Washington, Washington State, USC

We will have much bigger issues if, by the time the season should be starting, we're still not able to gather in groups. There is currently talk that our school system might not be meeting in person for the rest of the school year. Thankfully, the governor has already clarified that (if we return at all) students won't be expected to take the state standardized tests.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

We will have much bigger issues if, by the time the season should be starting, we're still not able to gather in groups

which is why I said its time like this that you realize there are things more important than football hopefully it wont come to that, but folks need to prepare that the percentage is high

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he is being very transparent. Watch his daily press conferences and listen to the team of real experts VP Pence has assembled. Not sure what more any unbiased person chould ask as far as being kept informed. What other world leader is doing better for his country?

48 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think he is being very transparent. Watch his daily press conferences and listen to the team of real experts VP Pence has assembled. Not sure what more any unbiased person chould ask as far as being kept informed.

Yeah. Right. Let's keep politics in the political forums.

32 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Yeah. Right. Let's keep politics in the political forums.

this is a time when it is hard to separate it at times. All of it is affected, and reactions simply occur on these forums.

Plus, there IS no sports to report on once all SEC sports for spring were cancelled....(other than pockets of recruiting)...

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think he is being very transparent. Watch his daily press conferences and listen to the team of real experts VP Pence has assembled. Not sure what more any unbiased person chould ask as far as being kept informed.

Don't think there's anyway I can reply to this that would abide by the site's regulations lol

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

this is a time when it is hard to separate it at times. All of it is affected, and reactions simply occur on these forums.

Plus, there IS no sports to report on once all SEC sports for spring were cancelled....(other than pockets of recruiting)...

I think it's more of a thing where, in this state more than any, once people are aware of your leanings one way or the other, you rarely return to the same state of normalcy. Even if you consciously feel the same, your unconscious mind is going to view things that person says slightly differently

It's more of a long term precaution

2 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

which is why I said its time like this that you realize there are things more important than football hopefully it wont come to that, but folks need to prepare that the percentage is high

This country desperately needs football in the fall. We desperately need the NBA playoffs in the summer to take our minds off all of this. There is no outlet for us to escape and get away from the crappines of the world. Especially now that it's worse than ever. If games can't be played with fans? So be it. But we need them to be played. 

We cannot let this dictate our lives for the foreseeable future and continue to put our life on hold. At some point we just have to live with it and manage it the best we can. Take precautions, be smart and safe about it but eventually lead your normal life.

This is going to cripple small businesses and hourly workers who can't afford to not be open or not work.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I understand what you’re saying, and equally agree with trying not to take this as political, but that’s going to be extremely hard to do, especially in an election year.  There is no shortage of people getting ready to pounce on any tidbit of info that is debatable or wrong, ready to criticize any action as being too much or not enough.  And there are absolutely people (that won’t openly admit it) but are thrilled this will have an economic impact and that’s the only thing that would have potentially derailed Trumps re-election.  

Most of what I’ve seen suggests that the panic should be hitting a peak now and the infection should be hitting a peak in 1.5-3 weeks. Since everything is shutting down and everyone is quarantining, I’d expect it to be toward either early to mid side of the confidence interval. That plus the fact that we are headed out of cold/flu season, I’d guess this will be over completely by mid-late April. If that’s the case, we should have a season. Almost no model I’ve seen projects the virus to be a threat by August. 

43 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I understand what you’re saying, and equally agree with trying not to take this as political, but that’s going to be extremely hard to do, especially in an election year.  There is no shortage of people getting ready to pounce on any tidbit of info that is debatable or wrong, ready to criticize any action as being too much or not enough.  And there are absolutely people (that won’t openly admit it) but are thrilled this will have an economic impact and that’s the only thing that would have potentially derailed Trumps re-election.  

And it shouldn't matter what someone's political views or even religious views are. The person who can take that attitude in  something that is hurting so many, is a really sad and lost person. 

It's just time to help others if they are down and practice what we like to preach. Do unto others...those who can financially help need to. Every single time I've given something meaningful it always comes back to me in one way or another. The return is not my motivation but it's definitely my blessing. 

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

As much as I’d love to critique the heck out of this post, this isn’t the political forum. If you want to debate Trump’s campaign, the election, or the impact coronavirus has on it, take your debate to the political forum. This is about how the virus will influence Auburn Football.

Archived