AUfam and the corona virus

have any of our fam members come down with the virus yet? i wonder how many members we have that live alone and are at risk? people with little or no family would probably have a harder time getting by. i am surprised someone has not already asked. someone gifted me several bags of dried beans so i have extra for anyone in the anniston gadsden area. i live right on the poverty line but i have all my stuff paid for so i am fine but i could spring maybe a one person one time deal on like a hundred bucks for meat or canned goods as well. come on people lets show why aufam is such an awesome site. thoughts and prayers are great but i believe Jesus would tell us to stand up and help someone.

You're a good man @aubiefifty

Mark 12:41-44 New International Version (NIV)

The Widow’s Offering

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

You're a good man @aubiefifty

Mark 12:41-44 New International Version (NIV)

The Widow’s Offering

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

i try but i could do better. i dislike religion but i am as big on jesus as one can get. if we all did this my brother it would be business as usual and seem like normal behavior. but so far folks seem to be fine and i am glad. thanks for the comments and i hope you and yours remain safe.

Today was a tough day. Had to lay off almost my entire staff.  I can’t explain how difficult and disheartening this was.   Gonna try to make take outs and delivery work to keep the doors open but I highly doubt the numbers are gonna work.  Difficult times ahead.  After fighting cancer and having Crohns related surgery this last year I am sure taking a beating.  Please support your local restaurants as much as you can during this time, our existence depends on it.  

Those of you in and around the Auburn area in any need let me know. (Hit up my DMs, yo.)
Stay away and stay clean. 

We’re all in this together! (Cue Troy and Gabriella)

No for real though, if you are near Auburn and have any needs at all...if there’s any way that I or my family can help, all you have to do is say the word. This is where the Auburn family is at its best. 

49 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Those of you in and around the Auburn area in any need let me know. (Hit up my DMs, yo.)
Stay away and stay clean. 

We’re all in this together! (Cue Troy and Gabriella)

You are a freaking GEM PTB!!!

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Today was a tough day. Had to lay off almost my entire staff.  I can’t explain how difficult and disheartening this was.   Gonna try to make take outs and delivery work to keep the doors open but I highly doubt the numbers are gonna work.  Difficult times ahead.  After fighting cancer and having Crohns related surgery this last year I am sure taking a beating.  Please support your local restaurants as much as you can during this time, our existence depends on it.  

Prayers big dawg. This is awful. I am so sorry fam.

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Will be praying for you and your crew. I'm guilty of not wanting to go out to eat and I was thinking yesterday about that. Take out is a good alternative for the business and you can still tip whether you are waited on at the table or at the car window. I'm going to try to do better with this. Thanks for your post. God bless you all. 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I hurt for you and with you, Phan. 

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Are you comfortable disclosing the name of your restaurant and location?  So for those who live near you can support you through take-out orders?

I am trying to do this myself in Atlanta ordering as much takeout as my budget allows.

14 hours ago, auburnphan said:

i know this will sound stupid because you are a businessman but i mean well. have you considered selling gift certificates for meals? some folks were hoping this would help in my area. maybe every tenth customer gets a free whatever? i worry for a friend who has a small italian restaurant in saks alabama. i offered to to buy gift cards but he does not do them. i hope you make it man.

Archived