2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

not belittling this crooting class at all either, I just dont think its designed for immediate impact (e.g UK, UT). This is to replenish a roster and kinda undo some of the holes from the past 2 cycles 

Totally agree.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It really does. Look at all those new teams Kentucky brings in every year. In most years the team doesn't perform up to their individual talents. Much of that is because of their relative youth.

Also look at the different mid majors who make a run nearly every year in the NCAA Tourney. Much of that is due to their relative experience & development.

I agree here 100%.  Look at the last roster makeup of the last several national championship teams.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:40 PM, ellitor said:

It really does. Look at all those new teams Kentucky brings in every year. In most years the team doesn't perform up to their individual talents. Much of that is because of their relative youth.

Also look at the different mid majors who make a run nearly every year in the NCAA Tourney. Much of that is due to their relative experience & development.

While it is true the Kentucky teams doesn't match their talent they almost always make it to Sweet 16 and sometimes to top 8 or final 4. Almost always they lose some games early to teams they should not lose to but get better as the year goes on. I agree the cohesiveness of the experienced players from some of the Mid-Majors leads to some very good teams. There is no one formula to winning it all. We have seen Teams like Kentucky and Duke win with young super talented players and we have seen teams win who have played together a long time and work well as a unit. 

I do agree with Bird that compared to other sports being young is not as much of an impediment. Most of these kids have been playing ball for years on Junior High, HS and club teams many with some very good coaches. With some of the young players the real disadvantage is how much stronger older players are. 

To me the ideal team is made up of a core of talented experienced players with an steady infusion of elite players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Teams like Kentucky and Duke win with young super talented players

True but those are the exception statistically. On the whole more experienced, developed team do better.

20 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With some of the young players the real disadvantage is how much stronger older players are. 

And that falls under the development factor that I have discussed in this topic.

21 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

the ideal team is made up of a core of talented experienced players with an steady infusion of elite players.

Obviously.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

While it is true the Kentucky teams doesn't match their talent they almost always make it to Sweet 16 and sometimes to top 8 or final 4. Almost always they lose some games early to teams they should not lose to but get better as the year goes on. I agree the cohesiveness of the experienced players from some of the Mid-Majors leads to some very good teams. There is no one formula to winning it all. We have seen Teams like Kentucky and Duke win with young super talented players and we have seen teams win who have played together a long time and work well as a unit. 

I do agree with Bird that compared to other sports being young is not as much of an impediment. Most of these kids have been playing ball for years on Junior High, HS and club teams many with some very good coaches. With some of the young players the real disadvantage is how much stronger older players are. 

To me the ideal team is made up of a core of talented experienced players with an steady infusion of elite players.

Well that was your first mistake.............................

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well that was your first mistake.............................

3b96559c0c1e4edaac6d3c1c0bc64b38.gif

• Haha 3

On 5/12/2020 at 9:09 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

not belittling this crooting class at all either, I just dont think its designed for immediate impact (e.g UK, UT). This is to replenish a roster and kinda undo some of the holes from the past 2 cycles 

Don’t worry— I’m thinking about walking on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I Love You More GIF by memecandy

I approve of this gif :hearts:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I approve of this gif :hearts:

image.gif

• Love 4

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

image.gif

It's a good thing I'm sitting down because my knees just buckled. Love me some Rachel McAdams!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's a good thing I'm sitting down because my knees just buckled. Love me some Rachel McAdams!

I Thor oughly agree

(I'm trying to stay on topic)

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

I Thor oughly agree

(I'm trying to stay on topic)

I'm not...............especially since I started it

rachel mcadams smile GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I Love You More GIF by memecandy

different get a room than the one you posted the other day dot gif

Speaking of getting a room and Rachels, including McAdams, anyone seen Disobedience:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

different get a room than the one you posted the other day dot gif

Speaking of getting a room and Rachels, including McAdams, anyone seen Disobedience:blink:

Uh yes.  Let's just say she and other Rachel are both fantastic actresses fully dedicated to their craft. 

• Love 1