2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

I think Thor may even be underrated. He was close to a Top 10 before he reclassified to 2020. People that follow Bball recruiting are saying great things about this kids potential. He looks very athletic for his thin frame. He can run the break and he plays both offense and defense. This was a huge get. This freshman class with these 4 kids has more talent than all but a couple of teams in AU in history.......and we are not done yet!

Edited by JFDTiger80

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What class could be better than that my lord 

Kentucky by a hair. They have three 5 stars and  three 4 stars and all six of their commits are in the top 50.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

What is it with all the lefties playing for Auburn. Now another one in Thor.

Being left handed kinda makes me like these guys even more. :hellyeah:

How many have played recently for Auburn?

Heron, McLemore, Flanigan, now Thor? Anymore you can think of that are/were left-handed?

25 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think Thor may even be underrated. He was close to a Top 10 before he reclassified to 2020. People that follow Bball recruiting are saying great things about this kids potential. He looks very athletic for his thin frame. He can run the break and he plays both offense and defense. This was a huge get. This freshman class with these 4 kids has more talent than all but a couple of teams in AU in history.......and we are not done yet!

He is a slasher which is very important in a Pearl offense. 

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Heron, McLemore, Flanigan, now Thor? Anymore you can think of that are/were left-handed?

We are not a always go right team lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kentucky by a hair. They have three 5 stars and  three 4 stars and all six of their commits are in the top 50.

IMO Pearl gets more out of his talent than Calipari so that to me would make ours better.  Especially with the way we would be filling needs for Bruce system with talent. Not saying UK doesn't do the same with their system. Just love the potential. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

BOOM

Word

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He is a slasher which is very important in a Pearl offense. 

And haven't really had one. 

• Like 1

Its all love baby!!! Desean Murray is still fam!!!!

Screenshot_20200412-133252.png

• Love 2

39 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

IMO Pearl gets more out of his talent than Calipari so that to me would make ours better.  Especially with the way we would be filling needs for Bruce system with talent. Not saying UK doesn't do the same with their system. Just love the potential. 

Regardless of the coach it is still difficult to get supremely talented players to play well together. If we do shoot the Moon and get our best possible scenario in this class I wouldn’t be surprised if we did lose a game or two were not supposed to but be really good come tournament time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Bryant Smith on the ‘99 Porter team. Super underrated player that was a very important piece of that puzzle

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont know if this'll expose people as not knowing what they're talking about, but there's alot of twitter "experts" that look idiotic with their anti-Auburn lean for every single recruit 

twit1
/twit/

noun
INFORMALBRITISH
  1. a silly or foolish person.

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 4

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Honestly asking this but how much more  inferior is UA to Nike and Adidas? We've been with them at least 10 years now and we aren't their only school. Who are they listening to when they get their feedback on their shoes? Hard to believe that they allow their R&D people to continue to be that far behind. I know Nike is Nike and all but UA isn't giving their stuff away. They make enough money to close the gap. 

They suck. Im telling you this as someone who has grown up in this modern generation of athletes and in a time period where Nike has taken up some market share ceded by Jordan and lost some due to Adidas's free reign creativity angle they play. I honestly feel like UA has given it their best shot since around 2015, but I, as a student of the shoe game, believe they've plateau'd and their relevancy at this point is going to slip as Stephen's does. I think Puma is going to be the next 4th player in the shoe game, they got a cooler (and honestly better) crop of young players than UA going forward. 

And imagine this whole thought process multiplied by dozens in terms of figures, stats, graphs, that's what these salesmen are pitching to the croots via the college (or sometimes directly, as we saw)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Bruce likes to force the opposing manager to burn through his bullpen arms

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

They really do have a remarkable class, I know how much we all wanted BJ and Terrance Clarke is supposed to be about as good, I gotta watch tape on the guy, but they just do their thing over there. Its wild!

Screenshot_20200412-142924.png

Screenshot_20200412-142912.png

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Id love to have some more national basketball recruiting podcasts in my life, but his tape is really really fun to watch. This guy has a HANDLE. A HANDLE!!! He is a slasher rim roller with A HANDLE!!!!

Even if we dont get Gregory, we'll have 3 out of 5 guys in the lineup with a HANDLE and maybe 4 if we do some wonky thing where Thor at 5 and Jaylin at 4. I dont think he has the defensive bootstraps that Stretch brought in but I rather have the elite offensive guy get better at defense than the opposite, this system will work with him on that end.

• Like 1