2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

13 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Was he a skinny kid?

Very .

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Was he about Wiley's height?

Close to it would be my guess. I didn't think about comparing them when I saw him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

When will he sign? Assuming it’s different since he’s reclassifying 

Yep. Has paperwork and other stuff to get through. JLee says expect it in the next two weeks

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:53 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

I'd read that too. Tall kid and may still be growing. Hope we can put 20 pounds on him between now and next season. Kid can run the floor. If things end up like we hope; we will have a super fast, "get down the floor" team. We will score a ton of points and it will be a lot of fun to watch.

he wants to be Giannis, and he really has the frame for it. Id say 95% of guys built like him/Giannis dont become that ripped, but most of them nowadays are skilled from the perimeter, so their teams don't ask them to bulk up.

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

When will he actually sign with AU ?

53 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

When will he actually sign with AU ?

@PUB78 When all his paperwork and the process of him reclassifying clears.

• Like 1

Lets goooo JT is my guy. I'm super, super excited to see him at AU! How he was largely brushed over by a lot of fans during the Green/Brown recruitment storylines will be a funny anecdote when we look back IMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

For everyone & @PUB78...

Is the going thought that Thor will probably be around more than just one year, or is that firmly at a wait-and-see level?

24 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is the going thought that Thor will probably be around more than just one year, or is that firmly at a wait-and-see level?

All Highly ranked recruits who weren’t ranked in the top 10 are technically in wait-and-see mode. With Thor specifically he has to fill out his body and prove he Can play SEC ball at a high level..

Just now, ellitor said:

All recruits who weren’t ranked in the top 10 are technically in wait-and-see mode. With Thor specifically he has to fill out his body and prove he Can’ play SEC ball at a high level..

The main reason I asked is that he was a top 10 recruit before he reclassified. I'd just like to know that we're going to have the same guys around for another year after this one, because I'm extremely cautious projecting a great season when the only two players likely to be above a sophomore are probably the least talented scholarship players on the team. Regardless, you answered my question. I'd love to see what Bruce could do with a full roster coming back for 2021-2022.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

About four weeks old news. LOL

Have to laugh at myself.....sorry 'bout that.  Saw an article and had a twitch in my trigger finger.

• Like 1

My wife asked me today I knew about Thor and Caldwell committing to Auburn.  Bwahhaha.

I politely asked her if they were BB or FB commits and thanked her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Have to laugh at myself.....sorry 'bout that.  Saw an article and had a twitch in my trigger finger.

It's all good. :cheers:

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

The main reason I asked is that he was a top 10 recruit before he reclassified. I'd just like to know that we're going to have the same guys around for another year after this one, because I'm extremely cautious projecting a great season when the only two players likely to be above a sophomore are probably the least talented scholarship players on the team. Regardless, you answered my question. I'd love to see what Bruce could do with a full roster coming back for 2021-2022.

I would honestly think, regardless of JT's status, 2021-22 should be a better year because everyone else aside from him will be better, plus you'd have to think Bruce would get another top 50 player. 2020 SHOULD be a bridge year unless JT reaches his ceiling ASAP, Sharife is even better than we think and everyone returning takes some real big steps (Cambridge being more of an off the dribble, guy Jamal doing more than shooting, etc.) 

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would honestly think, regardless of JT's status, 2021-22 should be a better year because everyone else aside from him will be better, plus you'd have to think Bruce would get another top 50 player. 2020 SHOULD be a bridge year unless JT reaches his ceiling ASAP, Sharife is even better than we think and everyone returning takes some real big steps (Cambridge being more of an off the dribble, guy Jamal doing more than shooting, etc.) 

I agree, unless by some miracle we can pull Kuminga to the Plains. If that happens, we'll be a hella dangerous team come March. But that slim possibility aside, I think you're absolutely right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I agree, unless by some miracle we can pull Kuminga to the Plains. If that happens, we'll be a hella dangerous team come March. But that slim possibility aside, I think you're absolutely right. 

I still think it can be a fun year, competing for an outside shot at the offs. I just think it'll be a few SEC programs a lil bit more wisened with their rosters, and unfortunately, we have no one with postseason exp. now. I feel like the most realistic way this season can go is 5th seed with a play for 4th

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel like the most realistic way this season can go is 5th seed with a play for 4th

In the SEC or NCAA tournaments? I agree if that’s your SEC standard but for the NCAA I think we still have to add a big-time transfer. As the roster is right now there’s just too much Youth and inexperience in my opinion. I think a good result next year if we have a season would be making the NCAA tournament.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In the SEC or NCAA tournaments? I agree if that’s your SEC standard but for the NCAA I think we still have to add a big-time transfer. As the roster is right now there’s just too much Youth and inexperience in my opinion. I think a good result next year if we have a season would be making the NCAA tournament.

Basketball is the one sport where youth really doesn't matter as much as one would think.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

5th in the SEC, I cant really see this team making the tourney in any situation other than a late season run. Not bc of youth necessarily, I just don't think it's a proven roster, and as it is now, it's all very dependent on Sharife's ability to lead. Guard play has been everything for Bruce recently, and we got one that's really up there, but he's going to be a true freshman. 

• Like 1

not belittling this crooting class at all either, I just dont think its designed for immediate impact (e.g UK, UT). This is to replenish a roster and kinda undo some of the holes from the past 2 cycles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Basketball is the one sport where youth really doesn't matter as much as one would think.

It really does. Look at all those new teams Kentucky brings in every year. In most years the team doesn't perform up to their individual talents. Much of that is because of their relative youth.

Also look at the different mid majors who make a run nearly every year in the NCAA Tourney. Much of that is due to their relative experience & development.