2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

Having trouble finding the link, but JT Thor just said he wants to "officially visit Auburn ASAP"..... not sure what the timeline for it would be as we will probably have to wait until at least April to get him on campus, but getting Thor in this class would be a huge get. Jaylin Williams 2.0 methinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Having trouble finding the link, but JT Thor just said he wants to "officially visit Auburn ASAP"..... not sure what the timeline for it would be as we will probably have to wait until at least April to get him on campus, but getting Thor in this class would be a huge get. Jaylin Williams 2.0 methinks.

• Thanks 1

Said to be down to three teams:  Auburn, UCLA, Oklahoma State.

Last time I looked OSU had most of the predictions but that was before AU made a push and got him on campus.

Edited by DunderMifflin
Correct spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DunderMifflin said:

Last time I looked OSU had most of the predictions but that was before AU made a push and got him on campus.

All Name Team

Thor- bringing the thunder. 

• Love 2

Him and Green or  Brown and Green and this would be a great class. If we got either Thor or Brown I would be real happy getting Cardwell as a 5 he is 6'11" has some tools and can be developed I like having a nucleus of 3-4 year players with 1 and done or 2 and done thrown in. I like having a solid nucleus that know the system and only having to teach 1 or 2 great players the system each year.  While not impossible starting 5 super talented freshman  is usually a very good team that wins on talent alone but seldom wins it all because it is hard to get 5 super stars to play like a team. Look at Memphis this year with the talent they have they should be better than they are.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Look at Memphis this year with the talent they have they should be better than they are.

Coaching sucks at Memphis and Wiseman only played a handful of games, but I'll give it to you

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Him and Green or  Brown and Green and this would be a great class. If we got either Thor or Brown I would be real happy getting Cardwell as a 5 he is 6'11" has some tools and can be developed I like having a nucleus of 3-4 year players with 1 and done or 2 and done thrown in. I like having a solid nucleus that know the system and only having to teach 1 or 2 great players the system each year.  While not impossible starting 5 super talented freshman  is usually a very good team that wins on talent alone but seldom wins it all because it is hard to get 5 super stars to play like a team. Look at Memphis this year with the talent they have they should be better than they are.

I think the highest percentage is going to be Green/Thor.

I keep thinking Brown is going to talk himself into going where he really always wanted to go...Texas.

10 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

Per the free article Gwill linked one post up.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor
56 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think the highest percentage is going to be Green/Thor.

I keep thinking Brown is going to talk himself into going where he really always wanted to go...Texas.

If GB goes to Texas then all of this going on saved shaka's job. If he lost to tech in their first game of the big 12 tourney last week he was gone. And GB would of been ours or Memphis.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

A dude named Thor?!?!?!   Yes, please!

If we get Thor I say we name the arena Valhalla. With our home winning streak it is definitely the hall of the slain. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

If we get Thor I say we name the arena Valhalla. With our home winning streak it is definitely the hall of the slain. 

Winning streak? Who’s gonna tell him?

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep, for some reason I forgot the A&M loss was at home. Still doesn't change the fact that it's a tough place for opponents to win though. 

• Like 1

If we're talking stretch 4 in the early Blake Griffin mold where he has some playmaking abilities, this would be a yuge get. Auburn's halfcourt offense looked really good when it ran through Okeke and Okoro in the past. If you could get Green, him and Cliff, that really fills in every hole except that GT PG I think many of us would like

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Yep, for some reason I forgot the A&M loss was at home. Still doesn't change the fact that it's a tough place for opponents to win though. 

Thought you just drank yourself into short term amnesia for those 3 hours lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That's a hilarious way to put it Fam!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, GwillMac6 said:

No. 10 power forward plans official visit to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Four-star power forward J.T. Thor visited Auburn for two games during the season and will be back at least once more before he makes a decision.

“I’ll definitely be back for an official visit,” Thor said. “I don’t have a timetable, yet, but I want to go back to Auburn for an official after all this coronavirus gets out of the way. Hopefully, in April.”

q9sxe5dnm6m6hbmcd0rm

Thor, from Norcross, Ga., last visited Auburn on March 4. It was the Tigers’ last home game of the season, a 78-75 loss to Texas A&M.

“My brother and sister went with me and it was a really good visit and a really good game,” Thor said. “It was a tough loss for Auburn, but it was still cool to be there. The atmosphere was crazy. I liked Auburn. I liked it a lot.”

Following the game, Thor met with the Auburn coaches, including Bruce Pearl and lead recruiter Ira Bowman.

“I like Coach Pearl a lot,” Thor said. “I like Coach Bowman, too. He texted me (Tuesday) about the coronavirus telling me to beware and stuff like that.”

Pearl and Bowman are two of the reasons Thor has high interest in Auburn. They’re two reasons he wants to return to the Plains once more before making his decision.

“I really like the coaches and Auburn is a great school,” Thor said. “They have definitely made an impression on me. I really like them. I feel like I could see myself in an Auburn jersey.”

Thor lists his top three schools as Auburn, Oklahoma State and UCLA. He doesn’t, however, list a favorite among the three.

“I feel pretty good about all of them,” Thor said. “They are all at the top, 33.3 percent each.”

Rivals ranks Thor, who is 6-feet-10 and 200 pounds, No. 56 in the Rivals150 and the No. 10 power forward in the 2020 class.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gr82be said:

Understood. Trying to forget myself if the pain will ever abate. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Understood. Trying to forget myself if the pain will ever abate. ;)

I accept full responsibility!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No word from the AU connecteds so I'm guessing Okie St.

Idk how active of a site it is but I just went to the Pokes 247 page and they don't even have a post up about him announcing. Lol. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1