Encouragement Spot During the "Corona-tine"

ToraGirl

72, You are a great inspiration to me Brother. Thank You and God Bless!!

ABSOLUTELY LOVE ❤️ THIS: 

With the rest of the school year cancelled, students will  miss 2 to 2.5 months of education. Many people are concerned about students falling behind because of this. Yes, they may fall behind when it comes to classroom education...

But what if...

What if instead of falling “behind", this group of kids are ADVANCED because of this?   Hear me out. 

What if they have more empathy, they enjoy family connection, they can be more creative and entertain themselves, they love to read, they love to express themselves in writing.

What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own backyard and sitting near a window in the quiet. 

What if they notice the birds and the dates the different flowers emerge, and the calming renewal of a gentle rain shower?

What if this generation are the ones to learn to cook, organize their space, do their laundry, and keep a well run home?

What if they learn to stretch a dollar and to live with less? 

What if they learn to plan shopping trips and meals at home. 

What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding the good to share in the small delights of the everyday?

What if they are the ones to place great value on our teachers and educational professionals, librarians, public servants and the previously invisible essential support workers like truck drivers, grocers, cashiers, custodians, logistics, and health care workers and their supporting staff, just to name a few of the millions taking care of us right now while we are sheltered in place?

What if among these children, a great leader emerges who had the benefit of a slower pace and a simpler life to truly learn what really matters in this life?

What if they are AHEAD? 🙏🏼🏡♥️🏫

(...BORROWED, BUT LOVE IT)

Glad you shared that @ToraGirl. I saw earlier this week and agree it would be a positive in all of this. My wife decided to get a little creative with her class and is looking into setting up a Zoom meeting with them just so they care interact with each other, no instruction at all, just a fun few minutes for each to share what they've been doing the past few weeks. Being Star Trek fans that we are, she is working on a journal, her Teacher's Log, Covid19 date, with a 9 week mission to explore, discover and boldly go where no kindergartner has gone before. All in good fun but she misses her kids. But back to your post, putting a little bit of Mayberry back into our lives would be a very good thing. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Glad you shared that @ToraGirl. I saw earlier this week and agree it would be a positive in all of this. My wife decided to get a little creative with her class and is looking into setting up a Zoom meeting with them just so they care interact with each other, no instruction at all, just a fun few minutes for each to share what they've been doing the past few weeks. Being Star Trek fans that we are, she is working on a journal, her Teacher's Log, Covid19 date, with a 9 week mission to explore, discover and boldly go where no kindergartner has gone before. All in good fun but she misses her kids. But back to your post, putting a little bit of Mayberry back into our lives would be a very good thing. 

Adore. Andy Griffith. No other occurrence could send us to Mayberry, I don't believe.

In the Terri Blackstock First Light series, an immobilization happens...3 years' duration? (Lord, have mercy!), but not thru biological means.  NO POWER OR TECH. Everyone growing food, bartering, warding off raiders. It could be MUCH worse!

Your wife and I are so similar! Tell her Zoom is easy... and addictive! Got two weekly Zoom meetings for instruction, and have been producing, uploading story vids, but am thinking of adding some "bring your lunch chat" and "bedtime story" optional Zoom gatherings...wading in slowly, though. 🤪😂 My favorite thing is writing them snail mail letters and including a SASE for return... old, vanishing art.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Emme just got out of a Zoom meeting with her class as I read your post.  Now she's preparing Ramen Noodles for lunch (her 2nd favorite meal).  So far this remote school thing is positive.  Matter of fact, I believe we'll take on homeschooling after this.  It's amazing the blessings we're seeing in this situation....much like my cancer.  Sometimes it just takes an earthly prodding to open one's eyes to heavenly blessing!

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Emme just got out of a Zoom meeting with her class as I read your post.  Now she's preparing Ramen Noodles for lunch (her 2nd favorite meal).  So far this remote school thing is positive.  Matter of fact, I believe we'll take on homeschooling after this.  It's amazing the blessings we're seeing in this situation....much like my cancer.  Sometimes it just takes an earthly prodding to open one's eyes to heavenly blessing!

Nathan...I said it and I believe it...we will either see a rise in homeschooling or a fleeing away from it, depending upon the family!  I can so see it working for countless, though!  Do it!  I am loving "learning with more spontaneity."  Our amazing Superintendent phrased it as "breaking the rules with integrity for the best sake of our learners."  Translation:  we KNOW we operate under all kinds of confines ordinarily, at the whim and pacing of lawmakers and curriculum publishers.  Now, we as teachers get to give all of our roles away...policeman, nurse, mediator, all the rest I won't take the time to type...and now we get to teach our babies for the joy of learning.  This time is wicked...but in many, many ways it's a gift of what we have too long forgotten we needed.  

My friends, this is so RAW!  We are learning so much as WellSpring (www.welcometowellspring.com) tries to go virtual.  One of those things is, "Forget the flash.  Excuse the imperfection.  Eyes off self. Get the message of hope out. Maybe it will catalyze others to jump out of their boxes, too!"

Yesterday, Palm Sunday, we had "Drive In" church, as permitted on pages 2 and 3 of Governor Ivey's 4/3/2020 "Stay At Home" proclamation for Alabama.  I'm going to share the Facebook Live Vid for Mike's sermon...I know I'm biased, but this one will perpetually preach for the comfort and challenge alone during this time.  As for the worship?  I have no trained voice, just loaves and fish for however God wants to use them.  The first part of the video is even sideways, but fortunately with the dry run, we'll have at least that part worked out for Easter.  

We aren't flashy...how can you be when you start from scratch, breathed to life through prayer, and work strictly with volunteer staff and a little-but-growing team of hardworking, regular folks?  I have a feeling that this will resonate with at least one person, though, so I post anyway.  Blessings, joy, and laughter...FEAR NOT!  

(If any of us has any self-consciousness left after this Grand Adventure called Corona101WorldWide, big wow to them!) :yay:

So, Corona has us
homeschooling, praying,
spending time with the family,
praying for others, and being
sober minded. Sounds like
God is in control. This isn’t a
plague, it's an awakening...

https://bepositivebehappy.com/there-are-great-things-too/

Happy Easter! He is risen indeed! 

20200412_065146.jpg

20200412_065803.jpg

20200412_065235.jpg

20200412_070112.jpg

20200412_070752.jpg

On 4/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, ToraGirl said:

My friends, this is so RAW!  We are learning so much as WellSpring (www.welcometowellspring.com) tries to go virtual.  One of those things is, "Forget the flash.  Excuse the imperfection.  Eyes off self. Get the message of hope out. Maybe it will catalyze others to jump out of their boxes, too!"

Yesterday, Palm Sunday, we had "Drive In" church, as permitted on pages 2 and 3 of Governor Ivey's 4/3/2020 "Stay At Home" proclamation for Alabama.  I'm going to share the Facebook Live Vid for Mike's sermon...I know I'm biased, but this one will perpetually preach for the comfort and challenge alone during this time.  As for the worship?  I have no trained voice, just loaves and fish for however God wants to use them.  The first part of the video is even sideways, but fortunately with the dry run, we'll have at least that part worked out for Easter.  

We aren't flashy...how can you be when you start from scratch, breathed to life through prayer, and work strictly with volunteer staff and a little-but-growing team of hardworking, regular folks?  I have a feeling that this will resonate with at least one person, though, so I post anyway.  Blessings, joy, and laughter...FEAR NOT!  

(If any of us has any self-consciousness left after this Grand Adventure called Corona101WorldWide, big wow to them!) :yay:

Congratulations on your venture into virtual worship. It's incredibly important and the need is great for people to connect with others, for Christians to connect with other Christians, during this time. I pray that your loaves and fish will feed as many as this video and your church members can possibly reach. Happy Easter. He is Risen! 

This morning's WellSpring Easter Drive-In service...in 30 years of ministry, nothing quite like it. The rigged tarp about blew me forward from the front porch, but it kept the "fresh rain", which started right at the sermon's beginning, from soaking us all ... two vid pieces this week. Raw, but loaves and fish. Be encouraged...be ready!

Borrowed this from Facebook. 

Day 13 - Quarantined! It's now Day 30 since it all began. We're asking, "When will it end?" Here is an interesting take on the meaning of quarantine as my friend, Anthony Haney, reminded on Easter evening and gave permission to share.

FORTY. The Latin root of the word "quarantine" forty. The practice of a quarantine as we're familiar with it likely began in the Middle Ages, according to the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control. In the 14th century, ships arriving in Venice from areas struck with the Black Death (bubonic plague) were required to anchor away from port for 40 days before docking. The Italians called it "quaranta giorni," or "40 days," which evolved into "quarantino." The 40-day quarantine was so effective that it became standard practice in Europe for the next 300 years."

SO WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT 40? The flood lasted40 days. 40 years Moses fled Egypt. 40 days Moses stayed on Mount Sinai to receive the Commandments. The Exodus lasted 40 years. Jesus fasted for 40 days. Lent is 40 days. 40 days for a woman to rest after giving birth. A group of theologians thinks the number 40 represents

"CHANGE'. It is the time of preparing a person, or people, to make a FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE.

Something will happen after these 40 days. Just believe and pray. Remember, whenever the number 40 appears in the Bible, there is a 'change'."

CHANGE IS HAPPENING. "During this 'quarantine' rivers are cleaning up, vegetation is growing, the air is becoming cleaner because of less pollution, there is less theft and murder, healing is happening, and most importantly, people are turning to Christ. The Earth is at rest for the first time in many years and hearts are truly transforming."

WHAT IS CHANGING AT YOUR HOUSE? So, during this time enjoy it with your loved ones and return to the family altar together. Family prayer is a great blessing.

Through prayer you will see the changes God can work in you and in your home. Christ promises us that everything works together for the good for those who love God: Romans 8:28!

THINK 40. With another 10 days to go, "Remember we are in the year 2020, and 20+ 20 = 40. Also, 2020 is the year of the United States Census. Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, was born during a census.

Lastly, 20/20 is PERFECT VISION. May our sight focus on the Lord and living according to His perfect vision for us knowing He holds us in the palm of His hand.

May these days of 'quarantine' bring SPIRITUAL LIBERATION to our souls, our nation, and our world.

The best is yet to come. Trust in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!" (Original source unknown, but super food for thought on day 30).

FB_IMG_1586962162660.jpg

"Sometimes I worry.

I worry about catching COVID-19. I worry about being able to meet payroll if sales fall. I worry about letting down Faithlife’s employees, customers, and investors. I worry about disappointing my wife, going bankrupt, needing a job, losing the house, and being embarrassed by bad decisions or poor judgment or having ‘failed’ in business.

But I don’t worry for long. Because I’ve read a lot of history, and I know that scary unknowns aren’t unique to our present circumstances. We actually live with a lot more knowledge, understanding, and predictability than people have throughout history. (We don’t worry, for example, that the neighboring people group will invade and kill us all next week. Our cities don’t need walls.)

And when that historical perspective seems too remote to speak to my scary circumstances, I think about Wanda, who lived through pandemics and depressions and the fall of empires, who saw the rise of Hitler and the destruction of Europe and who went to a war on the other side of the world and then came home to bring children into a world of horrible diseases and the fear of nuclear annihilation.

And I think about how this woman who saw the world turned upside down more than once is the same woman I knew ..."

https://medium.com/@bobpritchett/on-living-through-a-pandemic-5c6ea0d2ec06

• 3 weeks later...

FB_IMG_1589300411721.jpg

FB_IMG_1589300434129.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pentecost Sunday is May 31. Eyes and ears open for...I can't even imagine! These are exciting times...never want to lose that in the midst of the chaos. We are told how the story ends. Eyes of faith and hearts attuned can't shake the resonant peace. ❤

FB_IMG_1590170967684.jpg

Our intrinsic worth...

On 4/25/2020 at 9:46 PM, ToraGirl said:

It is REALLY good. I find myself thinking about how they portrayed some of the different people. Matthew is great! And the woman at the well scene was perfect!

FB_IMG_1590616221876.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't venture into the Recruiting forum I wanted to share this. @doc4aday told us he tested positive for COVID 19 and I'd in quarantine currently. Not that everyone comes here either but I thought I'd try it anyway. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. 

Archived