Prayers needed

ellitor

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tuesday update; She has Covid-19. However she is feeling better & doing more today. I have no symptoms yet. 1st case reported in Autauga County. I could strangle the guy who came in the dentist office for an appointment last week who flippantly said he had the flu a couple days earlier but was fine when he came in for his appointment & the dentist for letting my mom do work on him.. Hopefully I'll just be an asymptomatic carrier. I know to stay away from people. Keep paying for all of us & thank you for the prayers that have come through so far.

I’m glad to hear she’s moving around better and will be praying for your entire family! 

How infuriating that someone came in for their appt. 😕 My husband just started having a toothache and I don’t want him to go to the dentist just in case since he is “essential personnel” at work and not able to stay home like the rest of us. 

Please keep us posted. How long has it been since you’ve been exposed? How is your dad? 

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

How long has it been since you’ve been exposed?

Five days but my quarantine clock didn’t start until we got confirmation from the positive test result which was yesterday so I’m on day two of my quarantine.

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

How is your dad? 

No symptoms right now just like me.

So sorry to hear that your mom is going through this. Continuing to pray for her, as well as you and your dad. 

45 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I was hoping for better news, E. Y’all hang in there.

Its rampant, and I’m seeing some really sick people. Please be careful and safe.

prayers continued.

Praying for you as well ptb. Hope you stay well. God Bless you!

there's a pretty extensive list of drugs a nurse homie sent me that they use to combat symptoms, I can PM it to you if you want

Hope you get through this my guy, Im pretty young and havent experienced serious loss and its one of my biggest fears. Hope you dont have to go through that 

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Five days but my quarantine clock didn’t start until we got confirmation from the positive test result which was yesterday so I’m on day two of my quarantine.

No symptoms right now just like me.

If I was in the area I would offer to bring you supplies you need. I assume by quarantine you mean you can’t leave for anything?

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

there's a pretty extensive list of drugs a nurse homie sent me that they use to combat symptoms, I can PM it to you if you want

Hope you get through this my guy, Im pretty young and havent experienced serious loss and its one of my biggest fears. Hope you dont have to go through that 

Sudden loss is the worst kind of loss. When you have a loved one who has suffered for a very long time there is a peace when they pass that they are in a better place. Hard to understand before you go through it. 

Continued prayers for you and yours E. 

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

If I was in the area I would offer to bring you supplies you need. I assume by quarantine you mean you can’t leave for anything?

Nope. The only thing I can do is go for a walk outside when nobody else is outside in the neighborhood.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. The only thing I can do is go for a walk outside when nobody else is outside in the neighborhood.

So many levels of bad to this thing. 

Keep your mind healthy as best you can, bro. 

Aw man. This must be so difficult to deal with - especially not being able to be around your mom as she goes through this. I don't know what encouragement I can offer you, other than to say that in my heart and mind, I'm walking alongside you. 

A broader thought - this pandemic is starting to hit home now. The degrees of separation are smaller each day. Still don't know anyone with it personally, but have friends with parents diagnosed, like you E. It's very frightening.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Sudden loss is the worst kind of loss. When you have a loved one who has suffered for a very long time there is a peace when they pass that they are in a better place. Hard to understand before you go through it. 

Continued prayers for you and yours E. 

This is so true @gr82be.

52 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The degrees of separation are smaller each day.

Very articulate and worrisome. I've been on high alert for quite some time now but that doesn't soften the transition from abstraction to whatever it is now. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

especially not being able to be around your mom as she goes through this.

I am with her. We are isolated in the same house though.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well, if it makes you feel better I am in the same boat where I am only going to the grocery store.  My girlfriend is an ICU nurse here in Atlanta, so she only deals with the COVID-19 cases on respirators.  Since I have been around her the last few weeks I am staying at my home.  Luckily I am able to work from home.  So, if you ever get bored just PM me.  :laugh:

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Well, if it makes you feel better I am in the same boat where I am only going to the grocery store.  My girlfriend is an ICU nurse here in Atlanta, so she only deals with the COVID-19 cases on respirators.  Since I have been around her the last few weeks I am staying at my home.  Luckily I am able to work from home.  So, if you ever get bored just PM me.  :laugh:

Your woman is one mentally tough cookie.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Your woman is one mentally tough cookie.

Right now she is working 100 hours a week and she now has to reuse goggles and masks are going to run out this week.  I tried to bring everyone pizza or coffee and I wasn't allowed to even come close.  But she loves what she does.  I just need to make sure I am on my best behavior after her shift or the conversation after is one to run away from.

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Right now she is working 100 hours a week and she now has to reuse goggles and masks are going to run out this week.  I tried to bring everyone pizza or coffee and I wasn't allowed to even come close.  But she loves what she does.  I just need to make sure I am on my best behavior after her shift or the conversation after is one to run away from.

tenor.gif

Loved and laughed

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I put her on my prayer list as well. Y'all stay healthy. 

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I was hoping for better news, E. Y’all hang in there.

Its rampant, and I’m seeing some really sick people. Please be careful and safe.

prayers continued.

A couple of questions, do standard chest x rays confirm the virus is present in lungs or is a CAT needed? And on the shortness of breath, is it usually both sides or can it be on one side?

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

A couple of questions, do standard chest x rays confirm the virus is present in lungs or is a CAT needed? And on the shortness of breath, is it usually both sides or can it be on one side?

Good luck with whatever you're up against. Positive vibes sent. 

Archived