Prayers needed

ellitor

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

How long is it taking to get test results back now?

Don’t know. She’s not scheduled to get tested again until April 6 and she has to test negative 2 separate times.

Locally we were told it would be 24-48 hours, but our in-hospital tests were taking 5-6 days. Now we have a “slow test” 4-5 days and a fast test 24 hours, depending on availability tested through the ER. 

The clinic I oversee gets tests back in 2 days. 

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

How long is it taking to get test results back now?

A co-worker is on day 7 as of today waiting for her results in Mississippi. They told her 5 days originally but like others, they're backed up. 

FDA just approved a test that can get results in 5 minutes. Abbott Laboratories are supposed to start creating 50k tests per day.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, ellitor said:

Thursday afternoon update. She hasn’t had a fever in two days. Part of the ADPH’s criteria for getting off Quarantine is to not have a fever or other symptoms three full days before the quarantine end date. Her quarantine end date is March 31. She is scheduled to go get tested again April 6 because her test that came back positive came back on March 23. In an attempt to try to regain some relative normalcy, About middle of next week I’m going to see if she’ll talk to the doctor about going ahead and getting the test done again to see if it’s gone if by that point she will have been without symptoms for a week.

So glad to hear that y'all are good! Please spread the word if you need anything! When is our next update??? Continued prayers for your Mom and you and your family.

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

When is our next update?

Now's good. She's doing well. It's been 5 days since she had symptoms besides the runs but we think that's due to the antibiotics. As long as every thing stays good the next update will probably be midweek.

22 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So happy to hear the news @ellitor! God is so good! I am just now checking in after long days of digitial learning/teaching. Yes, even in kindergarten, we are requiring it and, I guess because of my age, the learning curve is steep for me! Your news gives me hope that people with underlying issues can make it through this evil virus!

My cousin, in her late 60s, has been tested for the virus. She has many underlying issues and it would be very difficult for her to survive it. I covet everyone's prayers for Virginia.

@passthebiscuits, you talked about the interstitial "ground glass" image showing up. Are patients who have this virus going to have interstitial scarring in their lungs, decreasing their lung function permanently?  My mother passed from pulmonary fibrosis, which also involved the interstitial tissue. Just wondering.

Short answer is probably too early to tell. Most experts (not me) are suggesting that there will be long term damage a lot like fibrosis  (interstitial Lung dx). So far, there’s a wide range of outcomes with this thing.

hope that helps.

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

FDA just approved a test that can get results in 5 minutes. Abbott Laboratories are supposed to start creating 50k tests per day.

Good news

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Now's good. She's doing well. It's been 5 days since she had symptoms besides the runs but we think that's due to the antibiotics. As long as every thing stays good the next update will probably be midweek.

I'm glad to hear this, e.

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

How are things @ellitor?

Nothing new. Symptom free 7 days. Can't get tested again til next Tuesday. Has to have 2 negative test before being cleared. Thanks for asking.

my mom is thankfully doing well. She has her 1st of 2 tests tomorrow. Both have to be negative.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

my mom is thankfully doing well. She has her 1st of 2 tests tomorrow. Both have to be negative.

God bless her brother!  Praying for "negativity" LOL!

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear of good progress!

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do they have the rapid results available for her?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do they have the rapid results available for her?

I don’t know what you call rapid but her first test took two business days or four total days if you count two day weekend in which the doctor she goes to does not work.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know what you call rapid but her first test took two business days or four total days if you count two day weekend in which the doctor she goes to does not work.

There is a test that is reportedly available that will give a positive test in about 5 minutes and a negative within 15 mins.  I’m sure it is not widely available yet.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

PrAyers that it’s negative!  So glad to hear she’s doing well!!! Are you still symptom free? 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is a test that is reportedly available that will give a positive test in about 5 minutes and a negative within 15 mins.  I’m sure it is not widely available yet.

Haven’t seen anything on legit version of that. What I’ve seen are scams.

52 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

PrAyers that it’s negative!  So glad to hear she’s doing well!!! Are you still symptom free? 

Yup!

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Haven’t seen anything on legit version of that. What I’ve seen are scams.

The FDA approved it on March 27th, just not available everywhere.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized the emergency use of a new rapid coronavirus test that could give patients results in less than 15 minutes.

Abbott, the medical device company that created the test, said Friday that it can deliver "results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes."

Other approved tests are able to provide results within hours or days.

The FDA told Abbott it authorized the test's use after determining that "it is reasonable to believe that your product may be effective in diagnosing COVID-19," based on the scientific evidence presented. The agency added that the "known and potential benefits" of the test outweigh potential risks, such as false positives or negatives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fda-grants-emergency-approval-15-minute-coronavirus-test-n1171131

Obviously, it is up to your Mom’s Dr. whether he/she has confidence in this test as it is for emergency use, but it is available.

Monday, April 6 update: my mom got tested for COVID-19 this morning. The doctor also wanted to get me and my dad tested to even though we haven’t shown any symptoms yet so we just got tested. They are sending the tests to the labs at the end of the afternoon and expect them back Friday or Saturday.

Archived