Prayers needed

ellitor

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

do they allow cards sent?

She's not in the hospital & while that's a sweet thought, my mom doesn't really want anyone to know besides immediate family & her doctors. I tell y'all because y'all are my online family & we don't know our IRL identities.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

How is everybody, @ellitor

Me & my dad are good I think. We are going to get tested this afternoon. He has a cough but hope it's not part of Rona. My mom feels better. She's still coughing some but her fever broke yesterday. 1st day in almost 2 weeks she didn't have some type of fever. Her Blood oxygen has been better the last day+. I believe it's been in the 90s in that time. Her normal nonsick is 92/93. She's been on oxygen at home since Thursday or Friday.She talked to her doctor this morning & he thinks the worst of this round is behind her. Thank you all for praying & asking.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Me & my dad are good I think. We are going to get tested this afternoon. He has a cough but hope it's not part of Rona. My mom feels better. She's still coughing some but her fever broke yesterday. 1st day in almost 2 weeks she didn't have some type of fever. Her Blood oxygen has been better the last day+. I believe it's been in the 90s in that time. Her normal nonsick is 92/93. She's been on oxygen at home since Thursday or Friday.She talked to her doctor this morning & he thinks the worst of this round is behind her. Thank you all for praying & asking.

Love that...worst is behind her. She is so TOUGH! Love and prayers continue, E. I have noticed that the crepe myrtle trees exploded while we were away. I wonder if their pollen can interfere with respiration, too? Prayers for that being a possible reason for your dad's cough. 

Praying for your Mom @ellitor. Also for you and your Dad too. I know this has been hard on the whole family. 

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

How are y'all doing down there @ellitor? Better, I pray.

@3rdgeneration no change from Monday’s update. We are still waiting for me and my dad‘s test results. My mom is still coughing some but that’s it

Welp the good news is my test came back negative but my dad's came back positive. The only symptoms he's had is coughing for a week or more & fatigue when moving some paint last week. If his cough goes away by Monday he can be retested Wednesday when my mom gets tested again.

I've probably already had it. The day my mom first had a fever was my first day having a fever as well. I was sick sick for about 3 days with a fever & body aches. I also had loss of smell for about a week or so. Towards the end of my loss of smell I had woken up a few mornings having sweated in bed. I didn't get tested initially because my blood oxygen never dropped. Mine first started out feeling like a sinus infection because my face ached. I've also had bugs before where I had sinus issues & body aches for 1-3 days so with my blood oxygen being good that's what I thought I had again at that time. I realize now I was selfish & should have gotten tested when I first had a fever since my mom is at an elevated risk.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Welp the good news is my test came back negative but my dad's came back positive. The only symptoms he's had is coughing for a week or more & fatigue when moving some paint last week. If his cough goes away by Monday he can be retested Wednesday when my mom gets tested again.

I've probably already had it. The day my mom first had a fever was my first day having a fever as well. I was sick sick for about 3 days with a fever & body aches. I also had loss of smell for about a week or so. Towards the end of my loss of smell I had woken up a few mornings having sweated in bed. I didn't get tested initially because my blood oxygen never dropped. Mine first started out feeling like a sinus infection because my face ached. I've also had bugs before where I had sinus issues & body aches for 1-3 days so with my blood oxygen being good that's what I thought I had again at that time. I realize now I was selfish & should have gotten tested when I first had a fever since my mom is at an elevated risk.

Well, shoot. Glad you're clean but keep us posted on your dad.

Also, thank you for sharing all these details. Personal accounts are one of the most valuable sources of information we can have right now. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Glad to hear you are ok and that your Mom appears to be getting better. I will continue praying for your Mom and now your Dad to heal completely.

That is good news, E! I think your mom must be really tough to have beaten this thing twice! Hopefully, she continues to recover and your dad doesn't get worse. And McLoofus is right, it is way more helpful to hear personal accounts of this stuff than to listen to any info we get on TV!

Pray for GOD to defeat this COVID-19. Far to many people are suffering and died from this he'll that's attacked the world. Pray and Pray hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Results came back positive for both parents. They will get tested again Friday. Dad has no symptoms. Mom has had occasional head aches & post nasal drip but that's about it.

Prayers continue Brother 

Will keep praying E. 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Results came back positive for both parents. They will get tested again Friday. Dad has no symptoms. Mom has had occasional head aches & post nasal drip but that's about it.

Hopefully they escape with more antibodies than symptoms. Fingers crossed for a win for your family.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully they escape with more antibodies than symptoms. Fingers crossed for a win for your family.

Thank you! I hope this next test is negative for both for their health & because I'm supposed to start working in Auburn again on August 3rd. A positive test pushes that back.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Prayers lifted for them.

Archived