Null

Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Tanner Burns, Jack Owen

It wounds my heart that we'll probably never see either one of these guys pitch for AU again. Of course there are many others, not only in baseball but other sports as well that have had their lives disrupted by the current pandemic. However, I was so, so looking forward to watching these two guys this season. I think our baseball team was on the brink of a really special season. Now it's not going to happen. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

It wounds my heart that we'll probably never see either one of these guys pitch for AU again. Of course there are many others, not only in baseball but other sports as well that have had their lives disrupted by the current pandemic. However, I was so, so looking forward to watching these two guys this season. I think our baseball team was on the brink of a really special season. Now it's not going to happen. :(

I really felt we would go even further this year than last year. Team started off strong at the plate. 

• Like 2

I absolutely loved watching Jack Owen pitch.....he is such a chill guy. He made it look so effortless.  Tanner was entertaining as well, but there was just something about Jack's presence on the mound that I found so interesting. 

I'm really, really missing baseball season. I have spent every spring and summer of my life watching, listening to, or attending baseball games. I feel a little disoriented  because I don't have any games on my schedule.

• Like 2

Softball was invented in a windy day in 1887 in Chicago, Ill., by a group of men waiting for results of the Harvard-Yale football game. While they were waiting, they turned a glove tied together into a large ball, with a broomstick as the bat. It was first regarded as a way to play baseball indoors, and after it gained popularity throughout the country, it was named softball. Softball was created for men who could not play baseball or did not want to play outside.

After World War II, insurance companies were rising, and injuries from baseball became more costly than ever. More and more men started playing softball. Fewer women played baseball.appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Meanwhile, American society moved from physical labor in the fields and farms to mental labor in the offices. There was a fear in society from the idea that men would be seen as feminine, and that the roles were changing.

Edited by VincentMicah

On 3/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I absolutely loved watching Jack Owen pitch.....he is such a chill guy. He made it look so effortless.  Tanner was entertaining as well, but there was just something about Jack's presence on the mound that I found so interesting. 

I'm really, really missing baseball season. I have spent every spring and summer of my life watching, listening to, or attending baseball games. I feel a little disoriented  because I don't have any games on my schedule.

Two opposite personalities 

I’m going to miss watching them, should they not return.

how they keep their arms In shape till they pitch competitively again will be interesting.  With the extra year of eligibility, maybe their faith (and long range goals) will keep them under CBT coaching.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Two opposite personalities 

I’m going to miss watching them, should they not return.

how they keep their arms In shape till they pitch competitively again will be interesting.  With the extra year of eligibility, maybe their faith (and long range goals) will keep them under CBT coaching.

There have been few pitchers lately at Auburn who were as intense as Davis Daniel. But I LOVED watching him throw when he was on. Dang that kid could pitch! He had that Gator struck out at the plate and that HP ump robbed him! 

And I also loved watching Keegan Thompson who was similar to Jack Owen on the mound.....just easygoing and effortless. So fun!

I think I find the extreme ends of the pitcher personality spectrum very fascinating.

Tanner Burns and Casey Mize are more middle of the road personalities during games.....some intensity and some coolness but such great talent that they are amazing in almost every game. I just really appreciate their abilities.

We may never see Tanner and Jack play another game at Auburn, and I sure do hate that as a fan. But I will certainly wish them much success in their professional careers.

• Like 1