Corona-tine Humor!

ToraGirl

Really, this situation is NOT funny. Still, knowing that laughter is its own form of medicine and desiring to have a spot to drop lighter things that help to relieve the pressure (but are separate from the faith and homeschool help threads), here goes! Kentucky is BLESSED with hilarious principals. I'm sure there are more episodes where these came from. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hats off to parents really...especially teacher-parents who are teaching their own children right now...

17 Funny Tweets About Homeschooling  

https://www.buzzfeed.com/asiawmclain/homeschooling

DadStop.jpg

Just now, sandyclawedtiger said:

IMG_2718.jpg

YOU! ARE! NOT! KIDDING!  They have cornered the market on this, too.  

Friends.jpg  I don't think there is a place for "Smelly Cat"...?

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Friends.jpg  I don't think there is a place for "Smelly Cat"...?

Definitely avoid the close talker.

giphy_(1).gif

FB_IMG_1585020326015.jpg

Just now, gr82be said:

Definitely avoid the close talker.

giphy_(1).gif

Oh, yes! And no soup for any of us...unless it's carryout. 😁

I would not be surprised if buffets and free samples take a hit even when "this too has passed."

7 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Oh, yes! And no soup for any of us...unless it's carryout. 😁

I would not be surprised if buffets and free samples take a hit even when "this too has passed."

I steered clear of those before any of this. People have disturbing hygiene habits. Working in retail I've seen way too many men leave restrooms without washing.  My guess is that a restaurant wouldn't make them act differently. 

Apologies for steering off course so to get back to the humor...

He never quits...

20200324_141234.jpg

Facebook funny...

"I was in a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."😂

I borrowed this--we need a laugh..."

Another from FB...

(DISCLAIMER from Tora to our hard-working parents, some of whom are teachers, too...we are NOT HOMESCHOOLING. Homeschooling is a choice. This is a worldwide blow. We are CRISIS SCHOOLING. Big difference, cut yourselves slack, we will overcome together. We have to laugh where we can. I thought this was so easy to imagine...and honestly, teachers ask many of the same questions even though we're "supposed" to understand it all.)

Day 1 of Home Schooling

0800  opened school website to get assignments. 

0900  found where assignments were hidden on the website.

0915  called school to have the website explained.

0930  called school again.

0945  Had wife call school 

1030  started printing first assignment 

1031  ran out of printer ink

1035  sent wife to buy more ink while I watched YouTube to learn how to do common core.

1039  Had first cocktail

1100  googling who the idiot was that came up with common core. 

1102 2nd cocktail.

1115  Called school to see if the virus was still an issue and if so, could I sign a waiver for my kids.

1116  School asked me not to call back.

1120  Realized my wife wasn't home yet. Called her to find out she was having a difficult time finding the right ink.  Pretty sure, I heard someone in the background yell her name followed with "Venti vanilla latte!" Right before she hung up on me.

1130  started 1st assignment 

1145  lunch break

1230  restarted first assignment. 

1235  read 3 chapters to help answer 2 questions.

1240  Figured I'm either being played or they have been falsifying their report card. 

1245  practicing disguising my voice so I can call the school again

1300 didnt work

1315  Scraping "My kid is a TERRIFIC student" sticker off of all vehicles. 

1400  beginning to think wife isn't coming home

1415  Decided to have an early release.

1430  walking to town in Hope's of catching virus and being quarantined. 

1600  arrested for egging school and drinking in public 

1615  released and given a ride home to maximize punishment 

1800  wife gets home. Couldn't find ink. Pretty sure her hair and nails are done.

2200  working on an excuse to get out of school tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1585784430941.jpg

FB_IMG_1585929583150.jpg

"You have to eat Mummy's cooking now..."

FB_IMG_1585950564601.jpg

8 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

FB_IMG_1585929583150.jpg

A little nugget Sting was a school teacher before becoming famous and he had a certain experience that was a little uncomfortable. Listen to the lyrics and watch the video and you will get the idea

28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A little nugget Sting was a school teacher before becoming famous and he had a certain experience that was a little uncomfortable. Listen to the lyrics and watch the video and you will get the idea

Golf, I had no idea...Sting, a teacher! I really like his solo stuff, too. I so well remember those lyrics! Ummm...a few of my male compadres used to tease me royally: "______ ______, the subject...of schoolboys' fantasy..." 

They knew it took nothing to make me blush. Still doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Golf, I had no idea...Sting, a teacher! I really like his solo stuff, too. I so well remember those lyrics! Ummm...a few of my male compadres used to tease me royally: "______ ______, the subject...of schoolboys' fantasy..." 

They knew it took nothing to make me blush. Still doesn't. 

Oh I'm a huge fan of Sting solo and The Police. Saw them multiples times in concert...............plus I'm full of unless info when it comes to music

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh I'm a huge fan of Sting solo and The Police. Saw them multiples times in concert...............plus I'm full of unless info when it comes to music

That's why we get along so well. I don't do PBR, but you had me at 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶😂

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I have a bit of funny story on becoming a Police fan. I was hooked on Dream Police by Cheap Trick. I wasn't even sure at the time who sang it. My girlfriend's brother asked me if I liked the Police. For some reason I was thinking of the Cheap Trick song and said yes. I don't remember the song that he played as much as just thinking that was the most awesome music I had ever heard. I went and bought Zenyatta Mondatta. I love the Police. And I've seen Cheap Trick more times than any other band. I love that they play smaller venues, even when they were really popular. 

Archived