Lee county, 3rd hardest hit county in Alabama. COVID +21

I wish mass testing could take place. The stats are so skewed because it only involves those tested obviously. There’s more everywhere, just hasn’t been tested yet. 

Rest of the state needs to follow Birmingham and pass a "Shelter in Place" law. Get ahead of it before it spreads more and more. It won't be long before Lee,, Madison, and Shelby have the same amount of numbers or more. Governor Ivey sure as hell isn't going to do it before it's out of hand so it's on the mayor's and city councils to do it.

Alabama just went from 242 cases to 386 in 24 hours. I'm in self-quarantine due to  living with my mother who had a heart attack. I can't afford to take off of work but I also can't afford to continue to make deliveries and risk getting sick and getting her sick.

Now I'm having to rely on the government to actually do the right thing and put the working people in America over large corporations and I have no hope that that's going to happen.

Spring break comes home.......

17 hours ago, WarTim said:

Spring break comes home.......

Tell me about it.  I've read many items (posts, stories, etc) acting like it's "Florida's fault" for spreading it in the SE.  I don't consider myself a Floridian, even though I've lived here a quarter of my life now, but that attitude even rankles me!

Our leadership is doing all it can....even shutting down the beaches and having the police patrol them.... to mitigate the spread, but the Gov literally had to tell spring breakers FROM OTHER STATES to "go the hell home" and they had been refusing, saying "it's our right to party" on TV interviews and other stupid crap like that.

Now these same "educated" dolts are going home, spreading it to their friends and family....and blaming Florida.  The sophisticated mind of the modern people....*sigh*

On 3/25/2020 at 6:03 PM, tgrogan21 said:

Alabama just went from 242 cases to 386 in 24 hours. I'm in self-quarantine due to  living with my mother who had a heart attack. I can't afford to take off of work but I also can't afford to continue to make deliveries and risk getting sick and getting her sick.

Now I'm having to rely on the government to actually do the right thing and put the working people in America over large corporations and I have no hope that that's going to happen.

She is so blessed to have a great son like you. I know you feel the same way about her. Your post touched my heart. Extra prayers for you both tonight. 

19 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Tell me about it.  I've read many items (posts, stories, etc) acting like it's "Florida's fault" for spreading it in the SE.  I don't consider myself a Floridian, even though I've lived here a quarter of my life now, but that attitude even rankles me!

Our leadership is doing all it can....even shutting down the beaches and having the police patrol them.... to mitigate the spread, but the Gov literally had to tell spring breakers FROM OTHER STATES to "go the hell home" and they had been refusing, saying "it's our right to party" on TV interviews and other stupid crap like that.

Now these same "educated" dolts are going home, spreading it to their friends and family....and blaming Florida.  The sophisticated mind of the modern people....*sigh*

You guys also have the same problem we do with rental property owners escaping New York other areas and flying down to stay in their rentals since they have no renters.

Love the new profile pic. Going to try to make it flash in my brain before I post responses going forward. Even in the political forum :Sing:

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You guys also have the same problem we do with rental property owners escaping New York other areas and flying down to stay in their rentals since they have no renters.

Love the new profile pic. Going to try to make it flash in my brain before I post responses going forward. Even in the political forum :Sing:

Yessir, that has come up as a big subject here and it's pissing us full-time residents off!  The Gov has mandated a 14 day quarantine for anybody flying down here from NY......but most actually drive so they have a "loophole", so to speak.  It's truly amazing, the selfish nature of certain folks....

As for the profile change..... :soapbox:

Yeah, I just am so sick of politics in real life, on TV and print right now.  Obviously I have a very powerful opinion, just like anybody, but I believe that even if people disagree, civil discourse can & should be educational & even interesting/entertaining.  Unfortunately, that's not what we get here (even on the politics board).

Most political comments that show up here are just immature, nasty swipes that do nothing but alienate people......well, ME at least.  I'm obviously a Conservative Christian but I don't begrudge people their different opinions from me.....even those I vehemently oppose.  But if I were to post my opinions here or even the politics board, it's clear that I would be attacked & called ugly names....even by some posters that I otherwise previously had respect for.  It's been quite disappointing to see and to see such one-sided, hateful, disgusting opinions followed by personal attacks towards those who disagree.....coming from Auburn people.....well, I just grew up thinking that "we" were better than that.  I was very wrong!  "Enlightenment" has never been so depressing.  

At his point, I'm merely trying to be polite to my fellow posters & Auburn people, which is a WHOLE LOT more than I can say for some others on here.  The Covid-19 situation has exposed a LOT of jack-assery from Auburn people. :(

Of course.....I've posted this on the "ATC-except politics" board, instead of the Football or Politics boards, so my post will only have a chance to resonate with you and maybe 4 other posters, LOL!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Most political comments that show up here are just immature, nasty swipes that do nothing but alienate people......well, ME at least.  I'm obviously a Conservative Christian but I don't begrudge people their different opinions from me.....even those I vehemently oppose.  But if I were to post my opinions here or even the politics board, it's clear that I would be attacked & called ugly names....even by some posters that I otherwise previously had respect for.  It's been quite disappointing to see and to see such one-sided, hateful, disgusting opinions followed by personal attacks towards those who disagree.....coming from Auburn people.....well, I just grew up thinking that "we" were better than that.  I was very wrong!  "Enlightenment" has never been so depressing.  

:cheers:

In 1000% agreement with you. It's disturbing and somewhat depressing to see how people, not necessarily just on this site, turn on each other because of different beliefs. We can't even get the "love thy neighbor" part right...it didn't say we had to agree with our neighbor. 

Just now, gr82be said:

In 1000% agreement with you. It's disturbing and somewhat depressing to see how people, not necessarily just on this site, turn on each other because of different beliefs. We can't even get the "love thy neighbor" part right...it didn't say we had to agree with our neighbor. 

Exactly!  It should be fine on ANY board to civilly discuss political components to a subject, but in today's climate you'd better have a constitution of iron or be in the mood to fight if you post any opinion regarding the current state of affairs (particularly the POTUS).  We've literally lost at least one friend because of this.  To this person, we went from "the kindest, most wonderful, loving people" to "complete dog**** if you support him".  ....amazing.  I just hate seeing what today's political climate is doing to people.....or maybe just bringing out what they really are deep down...not sure.  Either way, I'm genuinely upset by it and just thought "Auburn" was different but apparently there's a lot of Berkeley in Auburn, AL...."you have freedom of speech, both ONLY if you agree with me".

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Right there with you both...82 and 72.  Fear is doing a lot of talking right now, and it comes out in lots of ways for reasons as diverse as we are. Got my compassion and claws behaving in sync right now. Compassion looks like it's winning when I stay silent...but appearances can be deceiving. 🕊🐍

Trying to find common ground and sprinkle hope wherever the soil is soft enough to embrace it. ❤🦋

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Right there with you both...82 and 72.  Fear is doing a lot of talking right now, and it comes out in lots of ways for reasons as diverse as we are. Got my compassion and claws behaving in sync right now. Compassion looks like it's winning when I stay silent...but appearances can be deceiving. 🕊🐍

Trying to find common ground and sprinkle hope wherever the soil is soft enough to embrace it. ❤🦋

That's a great way to put it Tora!  BAND NAME, BTW....

That's a lot of how I feel.  I'm generally one of the most chill guys you'd ever meet (I think) but listening & reading the hypocritical and ignorant back-n-forths in today's political world has my head spinning and, to me, is more dangerous to US citizens than Covid-19 could EVER be!

It truly has me looking for more signs of HIS return!!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

That's a great way to put it Tora!  BAND NAME, BTW....

That's a lot of how I feel.  I'm generally one of the most chill guy you'd ever meet (I think) but listening & reading the hypocritical and ignorant back-n-forths in today's political world has my head spinning and, to me, is more dangerous to US citizens than Covid-19 could EVER be!

It truly has me looking for more signs of HIS return!!

That is what keeps my wife and me sane at this point. Fear of the future has no place in our lives. We've both read the Book and we know the ending. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That is what keeps my wife and me sane at this point. Fear of the future has no place in our lives. We've both read the Book and we know the ending. 

My faith has obviously grown stronger during my trials and with it, much more Bible reading & study.  I obviously could be very wrong but I'm beginning to believe there's a good chance of His return in, if not MY lifetime, our childrens' lifetime.  I'm working and praying to lead both girls to Jesus and if I can successfully do that.....well, with The Lord's guidance of course..... then I'll be ready to go home!

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My faith has obviously grown stronger during my trials and with it, much more Bible reading & study.  I obviously could be very wrong but I'm beginning to believe there's a good chance of His return in, if not MY lifetime, our childrens' lifetime.  I'm working and praying to lead both girls to Jesus and if I can successfully do that.....well, with The Lord's guidance of course..... then I'll be ready to go home!

This. Is. A. Great. Trial. Run. (You know what I mean.)  You know I agree completely. 1948 alone was a turning point...students of Scriptural prophecy are wise. No, no one knows the exact date, time. Jesus Himself didn't. Most important soundbyte?

Stay chill, stay serving, stay prayed-up, and be ready. 

FB_IMG_1585331400199.jpg

"Five people who tested positive for COVID-19 have died at an Opelika hospital since Friday morning, the East Alabama Medical Center announced Saturday evening. 

Three patients were from Chambers County and two were from Lee County. 

The deaths more than double Alabama's previous coronavirus fatality count. Three deaths were reported this week by the Alabama Department of Public Health. A fourth was reported by the Mobile County Department of Public Health, though it is not yet included in ADPH's official count. 

EAMC said its recent fatalities are also not reflected in the statewide count, but hospital leaders felt it was important information to publicize to underscore the severity of the coronavirus situation."

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2020/03/28/5-die-coronavirus-lee-county-alabama-hospital-eamc-east-alabama-medical-center-alabama-deaths/2934471001/

T...how are you, and how is your mom doing? I have several friends who work at EAMC. My brother was born there and I candystriped there in high school. This is the best pic of EAMC I've seen lately. Prayers continue. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3394252517256852&id=217147361634066?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

On 3/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, ToraGirl said:

T...how are you, and how is your mom doing? I have several friends who work at EAMC. My brother was born there and I candystriped there in high school. This is the best pic of EAMC I've seen lately. Prayers continue. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3394252517256852&id=217147361634066?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

We're both doing well. I'm fairly certain I'm fine since I've now been in self-quarantine for 8 days but doesn't mean that I'm gonna risk it by going out to work. I applied for unemployment yesterday but fairly certain I won't qualify since I chose to not go into work rather then my job shutting down. Again, though, massive debt is better than risking my life and the lives of my family.

I live and work in Madison so it keeps getting worse and worse here and there are still a lot of people who aren't taking it seriously. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. :)

On 3/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, tgrogan21 said:

We're both doing well. I'm fairly certain I'm fine since I've now been in self-quarantine for 8 days but doesn't mean that I'm gonna risk it by going out to work. I applied for unemployment yesterday but fairly certain I won't qualify since I chose to not go into work rather then my job shutting down. Again, though, massive debt is better than risking my life and the lives of my family.

I live and work in Madison so it keeps getting worse and worse here and there are still a lot of people who aren't taking it seriously. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. :)

I hear ya, folks are starting to get more serious about it here but it’s still pretty lax overall. Although I am fortunate to still be able to work as much as I want, I’m in a similar situation with a family member who underwent multiple bypass heart surgery earlier this year and is a prime candidate for bad things to happen. I’ve lived in and around Madison all my life but am pretty much staying out of the way for a while. Lot of people in a small area= bad situation. 

Archived