7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The sentiment receiving the response was not isolated to this recruitment

Sorry. That wasn’t clear to me. My bad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Was he really next up on our board?

Yes. We’ve gone balls to the walls after him since Carter picked Clemson.

There’s no way we put all of our eggs in one basket for Carter and didn’t have a plan b for once he picked somebody else

Exactly 

Travis has to be smarter than that

He usually is. Pogue is the area recruiter. He has to stay in touch in that situation too.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Sorry. That wasn’t clear to me. My bad.

All good. Thanks for the info on Jackson. It's interesting info and I'm glad to focus on that as opposed to D recruiting overall since this is his thread. 

I wonder if there are any similarities with the Tisdol recruitment. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if there are any similarities with the Tisdol recruitment. 

I doubt it imo. I think we knew we had Tisdol anytime we wanted him. Jackson might not be as interested as Tisdol was in us

If we have indeed lost Jackson, I don't like it. I don't like losing a 4* LB from right in our "backyard" to UAT. They don't take borderline LB's over there, they can pretty much have their pick at that position. Maybe we over estimated how much difference his AU family ties would make? In any case we should have at least kept the water a little warm.

Normally, when we don't contact a prospect for an extended period of time that's the signal to the player that we are no longer interested.  I hope there is some unknown reason why we deliberately sent that signal to Jackson.

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I doubt it imo. I think we knew we had Tisdol anytime we wanted him. Jackson might not be as interested as Tisdol was in us

I don't think we ever ignored Tisdol. We kept him on the line. Information in this thread says we shut off contact with Jackson. ?????

On 5/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, ellitor said:

Bump. Ian is tagged in this VIP article by Keith

Auburn ramps things up with in-state LB

He is scheduled to commit May 28th.

An insider on the Bunker says Ian has become a huge target since we missed on Barrett Carter.

Auburn-Bama battle. Bama has recruited him more consistently but it appears AU is recruiting him harder now. The Jackson's have a very deep AU legacy FWIW.

Bama had this one in the bag and lost a little focus. But AU slow played him from the start and just now made him a priority. It's still bama right now if I had to guess. It's close.

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think we ever ignored Tisdol. We kept him on the line. Information in this thread says we shut off contact with Jackson. ?????

We were right there for Carter but to assume that we had him and didn't have a plan B is on T-Will and Steele. Huge mistake. Do believe that is what happened. Maybe a wake up call and a little back down to earth call for T-Will?

28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This. Were upfront with Tisdol from the start.

From the last few posts what I am getting is we actually stayed in communication with Tisdol and were very up front, whereas with Jackson we basically put our eggs in the Carter basket and we basically quit communicating with Jackson until we realized Carter was not coming to Auburn. I keep hearing because of where are currently with our LB Corp we are only looking at 1 or 2 this year. Since we might take a 2nd LB this year that alone should have kept us pushing for Jackson It appears we were to complacent for to long because of the family ties. 

Lets hope the last ditch push works and we can get him to come here. If it doesn't it is on T'Will and Pogue. It is seldom I say anything but very positive things about T'Will because he is that good. But everybody messes up sometime. 

Not trying to jump anyone on this, but just saw this by chance...LB Ian Jackson, Prattville, AL(For E)😜 commits to Alabama.

Evidently we weren't even in his final group...GA, LSU, Alabama, and Oklahoma.  So he grew up an Auburn fan, and we didn't even make his final 4? 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/05/four-star-in-state-linebacker-commits-to-alabama.html

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* LB Ian Jackson (Bama)
4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Montgomery, AL

@steeleagle It's Prattville. Please do not insult us Prattvillians.

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So he grew up an Auburn fan, and we didn't even make his final 4?

Start here & read the rest of the thread. It will make sense why we weren't in his final group.

Travis Williams needs to be fired (up) for this.   You know, I hope the kid comes to his senses and comes on home. But I'm not worried about linebacker. If we lose a good guy, I have faith we will recruit another good guy.  That's what happened last year; that's what will happen this year. It's just not a problem.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle It's Prattville. Please do not insult us Prattvillians.

Start here & read the rest of the thread. It will make sense why we weren't in his final group.

Thanks. Sounds like Pogue, his area recruiter may have dropped the ball on him, if Jackson was not checked on by AU for a month...I would think these position coaches and their area recruiters would go over who they haven't talked to in a while on a consistent basis.

If it was a month, that sounds like they were luke warm with him, even if they thought they had a chance with Carter then had to regroup when they didn't get their top guy....

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Sounds like Pogue...may have dropped the ball on him

And T-Will & Steele as WDE said above.

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If it was a month, that sounds like they were luke warm with him

In the recruiting world that's considered cold. Luke warm would be once a week or 2 weeks.

200-1.gif

LB recruiting is looking like last year. Then we started with four top prospects, two slip-slided away to bammer and one to North Carolina. This time we started with three and so far it's one to Clemson and one to bammer. Yes, we add more names to the list but what that's doing is having to adjust to the losses. Along the line of: "Can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with".

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

LB recruiting is looking like last year. Then we started with four top prospects, two slip-slided away to bammer and one to North Carolina. This time we started with three and so far it's one to Clemson and one to bammer. Yes, we add more names to the list but what that's doing is having to adjust to the losses. Along the line of: "Can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with".

Wow look at Mikey pulling out a Stephen Stills lyric................side story saw Stephen in concert in Auburn and he came out on stage wearing a Pat Sullivan #7 jersey hell of a concert

Stephen Stills - Stephen Stills Live LP VG - Vintage Vinyl

image.jpeg

maybe i missed it....but what are the family ties to AU?  

just seems odd that coaches who do this day in/day out dropped the ball?!  especially since for the past 3 months all they could do was contact players.  maybe we flip him in the end.

11 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

maybe i missed it....but what are the family ties to AU?  

It's in the first few posts of the thread. His mom graduated with me & was a Tiger Hostess for recruiting while she was at AU. His sister goes to AU now. Overall a good number of the Jackson family went to AU.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's in the first few posts of the thread. His mom graduated with me & was a Tiger Hostess for recruiting while she was at AU. His sister goes to AU now. Overall a good number of the Jackson family went to AU.

Did any of the Jackson 5 attend AU?

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Did any of the Jackson 5 attend AU?

The Prattville Jackson's are more than 5. ;D

• 1 month later...

Archived