has 8 P5 offers
last season was 1st as a QB
plans to commit in July or August

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toddc said:

Kyron Drones

Was reading that this guy's biggest strength is extending plays by 'hovering around the pocket'.  

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Kyron Drones

Named Auburn his leader and wants to commit by July or August.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Named Auburn his leader and wants to commit by July or August.

I got to know E!!! Is he a 4 star at least!? Guilty whore over here!!!! Hahaha.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bad bad news GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Well.....

downloadfile-11.gif

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

General thought seems to be he will be soon. He’s only played quarterback one year and did pretty damn good at it in the best state competitive wuse

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Think of him as one of those 3* that Tubs used to 'coach up.'

I am very much the same way to be honest...

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Think of him as one of those 3* that Tubs used to 'coach up.'

I am very much the same way to be honest...

QB is pretty much the only position where I'm that way. Morris might change things, but this is not a place where projects become products. And I think that's true going back further than 2013. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

QB is pretty much the only position where I'm that way. Morris might change things, but this is not a place where projects become products. And I think that's true going back further than 2013. 

It’s also a position where the highly rated bust just as often as they succeed if not more so.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I tend to agree, but did you see this cat's highlights?   yeah, Yeah, I know they are 'highlights' for a reason, but geez, this kid can play.

I like him about as much as that Cedar Hill kid, on page 1 - Salter.   28 TD and 6 picks as a junior, but 6 TDs and 4 picks as a sophomore - this kid is coachable!

Drone threw for 46 and 10....  big boy football and coachable also.  I think he can flat out play.   1st season getting more than 30 snaps.

What was his completion percentage? It’s getting to a point where I want guys who were already pretty accurate coming out of HS. You can try to mask it with shorter, easier throws but you can’t teach accuracy 

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

I tend to agree, but did you see this cat's highlights?   yeah, Yeah, I know they are 'highlights' for a reason, but geez, this kid can play.

I like him about as much as that Cedar Hill kid, on page 1 - Salter.   28 TD and 6 picks as a junior, but 6 TDs and 4 picks as a sophomore - this kid is coachable!

Drone threw for 46 and 10....  big boy football and coachable also.  I think he can flat out play.   1st season getting more than 30 snaps.

I did not. Love what you're saying here!

Just saying on my end that if he's still a 3* coming out of big boy Texas ball when NSD rolls around, then he probably would still qualify as a project. And if Joey Gatewood couldn't make that next step here...

Really, it's more of an Auburn comment than a comment on this player, lol.

46 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

What was his completion percentage? It’s getting to a point where I want guys who were already pretty accurate coming out of HS. You can try to mask it with shorter, easier throws but you can’t teach accuracy 

Skrew that I want to know his bench press

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

What was his completion percentage?

58%. Not bad for a 1st year QB & enough to work with for a guy like Chad Morris to develop.

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

but you can’t teach accuracy 

Not full on teach it but you damn sure can tweak it through mechanics  & what not to improve it.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

58%. Not bad for a 1st year QB & enough to work with for a guy like Chad Morris to develop.

Not full on teach it but you damn sure can tweak it through mechanics  & what not to improve it.

Who was starting over this guy to where he didn’t start until his junior year?

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Who was starting over this guy to where he didn’t start until his junior year?

I have no clue man. Unless Keith reports on it that’s only a question somebody who is going to or went to the school can be able to answer. I’m just relaying that Keith said that’s his first full season as quarterback.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I have no clue man. Unless Keith reports on it that’s only a question somebody who is going to or went to the school can be able to answer. I’m just relaying that Keith said that’s his first full season as quarterback.

It was on my mind so I looked it up. It was a guy who was a 2 star recruit who ended up at Tarleton state. He led them to state his senior year 

And many of these kids may play DB as freshmen or soph because they are great athletes  and coaches want them ont he field, while they have a proven QB.  Proven for HS, not D1, SEC football of course.

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It was on my mind so I looked it up. It was a guy who was a 2 star recruit who ended up at Tarleton state. He led them to state his senior year 

Not sure how you found it but good stuff

Archived